EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

There is a coaches union but it is much weaker than the players union.  

28 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

There is a coaches union but it is much weaker than the players union.  

I thought they were more of a professional group.  In any event, there’s no collective bargaining agreement and that’s the difference. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

When a guy says, "the first thing about playing smart is knowing what to do”.  That’s pretty dumb.  Like describing water as being wet.  

Ok - Look I just don’t want to jump on hating him too early. 

8 minutes ago, Vortex said:

So how does a vaccine that merely lessens symptoms serve to protect fellow employees?

I am in the medical field and deal with the vaccine daily. You are correct, it does not prevent you from getting or spreading the virus. There are a lot of people that are mislead at its purpose. 

As for your second part,"If" it was to prevent the virus which it does not. It still would not protect anyone in the NFL when the players are not required to get the vaccine. So in the end it does not matter if the coaches are vaccinated or not if the players are not. Me personally, Id worry more about the players getting then the coaches with all the off the field situations a lot of the players put themselves in with going out to clubs, parties etc. 

10 minutes ago, Vortex said:

So how does a vaccine that merely lessens symptoms serve to protect fellow employees?

It doesn't just merely lessen symptoms, it also gives one a layer of protection against contracting covid and may keep one from spreading covid if one is asymptomatic.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

If my assistant coaches are that stupid, I'd be looking for new assistant coaches. This ain't rocket science, this anti-vaxer BS is just people who couldn't get through a basic biology course in college. I sure don't want COVID (especially the new variants and the ones to come) in my locker room or meeting rooms. And anyone dumb enough to be more afraid of a vaccine than the disease is too stupid to be worth keeping around.

I think you may want to revisit your stupidity 

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

It doesn't just merely lessen symptoms, it also gives one a layer of protection against contracting covid and may keep one from spreading covid if one is asymptomatic.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html

That’s a lot of "we are still learning” bs

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

People have the right to decide what they do and don't put in their body.  

Yes and deal with the consequences of their decision. 

8 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Calm down softies.  He was saying to others he doesn't recommend it because it didn't work for him but it doesn't work immediately.  You need to push through it.  I didn't realize the word weak is so offensive.  Can we rewind back to the 90's?

Sure thing:

6 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Well they are still learning, covid is what a little over a year old???. They've learned a lot in a short time and are still learning more, Rome wasn't built in a day and with what they know and the available information the current vaccine is ones best shot at combatting the contraction and spread of covid and most of all keeping one from dying from it.

Just like the flu shot doesn't guarantee one won't get the flu but in the case one does the symptoms won't be as severe.

The best defense is and always has been proper hygiene ( hand washing) covering coughs, and social distancing practices.

13 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Do you think things would be better if everybody was vaccinated, or nobody was vaccinated?

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And employers have the right to set rules.  

And employees have the right to find jobs elsewhere.  With how our braindead government is paying people not to work it is extremely hard to hire people right now despite yet extremely easy for people to have their pickings of jobs.  

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Now you’ve done it.  

It’s a slow night; I need some laughs 

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

And employees have the right to find jobs elsewhere.  With how our braindead government is paying people not to work it is extremely hard to hire people right now despite yet extremely easy for people to have their pickings of jobs.  

No one is paying people not to work, people have just realized that their time and efforts are worth more than poverty wages, if employers raise wages people would go back to work.

Here's an article that talks about just that, in Pennsylvania, where at least two local businesses raised their min wage to 15 and within days had over a 1000 applicants.

People are willing and want to work they don't have a desire to do so for poverty wages that exponentially benefit the CEOs not the workers.

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

No one is paying people not to work, people have just realized that their time and efforts are worth more than poverty wages, if employers raise wages people would go back to work.

:roll: Thats not true.

People lost their jobs due to covid. Not some revelation that their unskilled, uneducated self is worth more than what theyre being paid. 

These people dont have that luxury to be able to quit their job until the entire country decides to begin paying everyone more. They are out, and only ABLE to be out of work because of the extra money they are making for it.

They lost their jobs and it became profitable. THATS why they arent working. Not because of what they think they are worth. Its because of what they are being given. 

Watch. When the unemployment money ends, theyll get back to work and your ridiculous theory will be disproven. 

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

https://www.goerie.com/story/news/2021/05/27/pa-minimum-wage-increase-democrats-wolf/7450537002/

Here's the article I mentioned

56 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt I really do.  I just have a hard time doing so when he comes in here, caves to the player demands and continually preaches competition in any manner.  I'm also not buying that going over fundamentals for 3 weeks is somehow better than 7-on-7 and full team practice.  

Meanwhile, teams like the Chiefs, Steelers, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, 49ers, Vikings, Packers, Patriots etc. are all having traditional OTA's.  

Tomorrow's headline.  Sirianni loses staring contest with Les Bowen via Zoom, refuses to sign off until he wins.  More at 11.

You really think 7 on 7s in spring practice have a lot of impact in September?  The biggest value at the OTAs is the classroom time and the strength and conditioning time.  The drills allow the coaches to see the players in movement.  I suspect each player walks away with a better understanding of the plays and what they need to work on and the coaches walk away with a better understanding of the clay they have to shape.  Further, since the players and management negotiated this deal, the reputation as a players organization sticks. 

IIRC, spring practice was like one or two weeks and half the team wasn’t there because of track and field and baseball.  Basically a knock the rust off, work on this before we meet again in the summer.

50 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Do you think things would be better if everybody was vaccinated, or nobody was vaccinated?

52 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Well they are still learning, covid is what a little over a year old???. They've learned a lot in a short time and are still learning more, Rome wasn't built in a day and with what they know and the available information the current vaccine is ones best shot at combatting the contraction and spread of covid and most of all keeping one from dying from it.

Just like the flu shot doesn't guarantee one won't get the flu but in the case one does the symptoms won't be as severe.

The best defense is and always has been proper hygiene ( hand washing) covering coughs, and social distancing practices.

So a person’s best defense isn’t injecting a poorly researched and tested vaccine into their body? 

21 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Here's an article that talks about just that, in Pennsylvania, where at least two local businesses raised their min wage to 15 and within days had over a 1000 applicants.

People are willing and want to work they don't have a desire to do so for poverty wages that exponentially benefit the CEOs not the workers.

No, the federal government is literally paying an additional $300 per week in unemployment.  $15 is a poverty wage.  My company does not pay poverty wage and it is next to impossible to get people applying for jobs and it has for the past year.  Even when the economy was roaring a year and a half ago and unemployment was extremely low it was still far more active on getting resumes for job openings.  

The people not working right now are not willing to work because they are being paid to not work.  

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

:roll: Thats not true.

People lost their jobs due to covid. Not some revelation that their unskilled, uneducated self is worth more than what theyre being paid. 

These people dont have that luxury to be able to quit their job until the entire country decides to begin paying everyone more. They are out, and only ABLE to be out of work because of the extra money they are making for it.

They lost their jobs and it became profitable. THATS why they arent working. Not because of what they think they are worth. Its because of what they are being given. 

Watch. When the unemployment money ends, theyll get back to work and your ridiculous theory will be disproven. 

https://www.goerie.com/story/news/2021/05/27/pa-minimum-wage-increase-democrats-wolf/7450537002/

Yes people will reluctantly go back and work for poverty wages out if necessity yet businesses in Pennsylvania and other states have already shown that when they raise minimum wage people want to work as evidenced by the over 1000 applicants within days.

Instead of blaming government or Insinuating that people are lazy put the blame where it belongs at business that pay poverty wages.

The ave American pays about 30 dollars a year in taxes towards welfare that same ave American pays between 400-700.00 $ a year depending on their tax bracket on corporate subsidies. So businesses like WalMart for instance which is America's largest employer and also has the most amount of employees on some sort of welfare we subsidize that business while they don't pay wages that keep those employees off welfare. 

And we turn around and blame the employees for being on welfare instead of the employers who pay their crap wages.

When business raise wages more people want to work and those wages keep people off welfare and those wages go back into the economy as working people spend their earnings and pay taxes on them stimulating the economy instead of hoarding earnings in off shore tax free accounts.

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I call practice installing plays, substitution sets, situational football and then seeing it play out on the field.  It lets you see how certain players fill certain roles and how players skillsets are playing out.  We have a whole new staff, OC/DC and a new starting quarterback.  Repetition repetition repetition.  

Fundamentals are just as important but I would argue that fundamentals are more muscle memory than playbooks and such.  

I also don't like that last year was a crap show.  There wasn't a traditional off-season program for obvious reasons.  Now that they CAN have OTA's and actual practice again, the players don't want to.  It's creating a new culture/habit of not putting in all of the hard work.  

The best teams in the NFL are practicing and getting better right now.  The entire NFCE except the Eagles is holding OTA's.  

I just don't like it.  I understand your viewpoint of the mental part but combining the mental with on field is what this team really needs.

The Eagles are holding OTAs.  They just bargained for mass participation in return for skipping the minicamp and agreed to no 7 on 7s and 11 on 11s.  That’s it.  That is the only difference.  In return I believe the OTAs are longer days than normal.   In the spring is when you work on things like sled work including hand placement, mirror drills, back pedal drills, cut drills etc. 

Did you ever go to Lehigh?  Most of what goes on in the early part of training camp is fundamental drills, classroom work and a wee bit of players on players drills.  The installs are base installs.  The real play installs happen after they close camp to the press and VIPs. So pretty much 90% of what  they do at TC is what they are doing right now.

21 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes people will reluctantly go back and work for poverty wages out if necessity

yep. So its not that they just stopped working because they realized they are worth more. They stopped working because the govt is paying them not to work. 

30 minutes ago, Vortex said:

So a person’s best defense isn’t injecting a poorly researched and tested vaccine into their body? 

Washing hands and social distancing doesn't help decrease affects of symptoms. Where as being vaccinated does.

Normally I'd say hey if your willing to take that chance what do I care except with infectious diseases like covid the less people are vaccinated against it the chances it continues to spread increase.

Take for instance measles, measles used to kill hundreds of thousands of people a year, a vaccine was developed and measles was essentially eradicated until anti vaxxers stop getting their kids vaccinated over some BS doctor who falsely wrote a paper how the mmr caused autism, that doctor was shown to have falsified his findings and lost his license yet the damage was done as measles has made a come back after being essentially wiped out.

Was the covid vaccine unusually quickly developed? Yes usually vaccines go through a longer trial period for instance measles vaccine took  2 years to develop and had 93% efficacy mind you that was 50 years ago and since then medical science has grown by leaps and bounds.

So far the covid vaccine has shown to have about 94% efficacy in preventing one from contracting covid, now I'm not sure if that means 94% don't get it at all, or 94% are asymptomatic or 94% don't die from covid after getting vaccinated, either way any are good and improved outcomes from the previous numbers if those who contract covid 

I'm not an epidemiologist or an immunologist or work in the medical field, I do though feel like I have the ability to gather Information and discern which is viable and which is not and in my opinion the research that shows that the vaccine effectively decreases deaths due to covid are valid and hopeful.

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

Vaccines don’t keep you from getting a virus, they prepare the body to defeat it before it becomes serious.  Think of vaccines as OTAs where the body is taught to develop antibodies to defeat viruses  

The use of MRNA is brilliant and opens a whole new avenue on treatments.  Soon that, gene therapy, nanobots and stem cell manipulation are going to cure all sorts of things, like the common cold, cancer, plegia, and even damaged organs where instead of finding a donor, they will just print up a replacement using stem cells.  People don’t realize it but our government funds a lot of the scientific research in health.  Right now, at Walter Reed, they are working on a broader MRNA vaccine proposition that may well cure coronavirus common colds. 

9 hours ago, greend said:

Are you a milker or a dullard?

I’m a milker. I live on a ranch in Montana. But I also prefer Mailata. 

Archived