EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Would be cool if we signed a corner, too.

We're fine there

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Curious if they could get fired for not getting vaccinated 

8 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Corners are the new LBs

I don't understand why the NFL is forcing the coaching staff but not the players. They should have equal rights. 

34 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Definitions of gaol. noun. a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence) synonyms: clink, jail, jailhouse, pokey, poky, slammer.

Freudian slip by McMullen.

hoosegoy is also acceptable. 

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I don't understand why the NFL is forcing the coaching staff but not the players. They should have equal rights. 

Well maybe they should get a coaches union.  

JFC people are so stupid.  

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Admit it. If Sirianni was the coach of NYG, Wash or Dallas, all of you supporters would be making fun of him.  I can’t believe he’s the HC of a pro football franchise.   

I mean he seems young and naive but not dumb.  Frankly, I was concerned that Doug was just not the brightest bulb. I mean there was also that pre-season report that Doug was the least qualified coach by Lombardi.  

39 minutes ago, Swoop said:

remember we traded for that guy from the Jags.  You know...that guy.

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Admit it. If Sirianni was the coach of NYG, Wash or Dallas, all of you supporters would be making fun of him.  I can’t believe he’s the HC of a pro football franchise.   

I agree we would but if it works...

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt I really do.  I just have a hard time doing so when he comes in here, caves to the player demands and continually preaches competition in any manner.  I'm also not buying that going over fundamentals for 3 weeks is somehow better than 7-on-7 and full team practice.  

Meanwhile, teams like the Chiefs, Steelers, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, 49ers, Vikings, Packers, Patriots etc. are all having traditional OTA's.  

Tomorrow's headline.  Sirianni loses staring contest with Les Bowen via Zoom, refuses to sign off until he wins.  More at 11.

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt I really do.  I just have a hard time doing so when he comes in here, caves to the player demands and continually preaches competition in any manner.  I'm also not buying that going over fundamentals for 3 weeks is somehow better than 7-on-7 and full team practice.  

Meanwhile, teams like the Chiefs, Steelers, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, 49ers, Vikings, Packers, Patriots etc. are all having traditional OTA's.  

Tomorrow's headline.  Sirianni loses staring contest with Les Bowen via Zoom, refuses to sign off until he wins.  More at 11.

Practice doesn't mean squat until the pads go on in August.

I can't remember how many June stars and first week of training camp flashes quietly disappeared once the pads went on.

Until then, everything is a walk-thru.

And there's a myth that college players come out with good fundamentals, anyone who watches games sees lots of players with bad technique, whether blocking, positioning your hands to catch the ball, tucking the ball away, route running, tackling, press coverage, etc. I think a lot of pro coaches find it boring to drill players day after day, so they let some of this crap slide. And it shows up on game day. So I have no problem if Sirianni wants to spend June teaching young players fundamentals - because they won't have that time in August.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Practice doesn't mean squat until the pads go on in August.

I can't remember how many June stars and first week of training camp flashes quietly disappeared once the pads went on.

Until then, everything is a walk-thru.

And there's a myth that college players come out with good fundamentals, anyone who watches games sees lot's of players with bad technique, whether blocking, positioning your hands to catch the ball, tucking the ball away, route running, tackling, press coverage, etc. I think a lot of pro coaches find it boring to drill players day after day, so they let some of this crap slide. And it shows up on game day. So I have no problem if Sirianni wants to spend June teaching young players fundamentals - because they won't have that time in August.

Come on you really believe that?  You can teach and practice throughout OTA's.  

There are also training camp stars who fade once the season starts too.  But to say practice doesn't mean a thing until August is just stupid.  It's like saying Covid comes out at 10PM at the bars.

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If my assistant coaches are that stupid, I'd be looking for new assistant coaches. This ain't rocket science, this anti-vaxer BS is just people who couldn't get through a basic biology course in college. I sure don't want COVID (especially the new variants and the ones to come) in my locker room or meeting rooms. And anyone dumb enough to be more afraid of a vaccine than the disease is too stupid to be worth keeping around.

People have the right to decide what they do and don't put in their body.  

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Come on you really believe that?  You can teach and practice throughout OTA's.  

There are also training camp stars who fade once the season starts too.  But to say practice doesn't mean a thing until August is just stupid.  It's like saying Covid comes out at 10PM at the bars.

What do you call "practice?" I mean it's all walk throughs without pads, whether you do it formally or just drill different positions focusing on their responsibilities.

Any muscle memory built up in June is dissipated by August, so right now the mental part is more important, learning the plays and terminology so you don't have to waste time in August.

I'll worry when the starters look sloppy as crap in the 2nd/3rd exhibition game

Just now, austinfan said:

What do you call "practice?" I mean it's all walk throughs without pads, whether you do it formally or just drill different positions focusing on their responsibilities.

Any muscle memory built up in June is dissipated by August, so right now the mental part is more important, learning the plays and terminology so you don't have to waste time in August.

I'll worry when the starters look sloppy as crap in the 2nd/3rd exhibition game

I call practice installing plays, substitution sets, situational football and then seeing it play out on the field.  It lets you see how certain players fill certain roles and how players skillsets are playing out.  We have a whole new staff, OC/DC and a new starting quarterback.  Repetition repetition repetition.  

Fundamentals are just as important but I would argue that fundamentals are more muscle memory than playbooks and such.  

I also don't like that last year was a crap show.  There wasn't a traditional off-season program for obvious reasons.  Now that they CAN have OTA's and actual practice again, the players don't want to.  It's creating a new culture/habit of not putting in all of the hard work.  

The best teams in the NFL are practicing and getting better right now.  The entire NFCE except the Eagles is holding OTA's.  

I just don't like it.  I understand your viewpoint of the mental part but combining the mental with on field is what this team really needs.

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And employers have the right to set rules.  

Especially when those rules are designed to protect other employees.

27 minutes ago, austinfan said:

If my assistant coaches are that stupid, I'd be looking for new assistant coaches. This ain't rocket science, this anti-vaxer BS is just people who couldn't get through a basic biology course in college. I sure don't want COVID (especially the new variants and the ones to come) in my locker room or meeting rooms. And anyone dumb enough to be more afraid of a vaccine than the disease is too stupid to be worth keeping around.

I thought even with the vaccine you can get the virus but effects are lessened? 

30 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

People have the right to decide what they do and don't put in their body.  

Omg... there’s so many responses I have for that... 

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

hoosegoy is also acceptable. 

Well maybe they should get a coaches union.  

There is a coaches union but it is much weaker than the players union.  

7 hours ago, Khani1 said:

No offense but you sound super weak.  Of course it is a struggle for the first couple weeks.  You have to reprogram your brain and fight through the food cravings for the first 2-3 weeks.  It takes about 3-4 weeks to get fat adapted and then you shred weight like crazy.  It isn't for everyone like you said.  You have to build up to it.  I have done 10 or  so 24 hours fast and 3 fasts that were 48 hours.  You need the will power though.  Most of the time when people think they are hungry, they really aren't.  It is just a habit and people eat out of boredom.  

I think the key is to have your shirt off when you work out with your boys.

If you want to jump through imaginary hoops to lose weight, that's on you. It's just not necessary at all 

3 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Why?  Medical reasons, or feeling invincible?

Probably flat earthers👎

3 hours ago, DireWolf said:

Seriously folks, If Andre Dillard doesn't unload one of these or something similar within the first practice with 20 guys who'll "never make a NFL roster" , do us all a favor.

Never say his name again. 

Enough already. You talked up DeSean ( yes I'm just as guilty ) for an extra THREE years. 

Then you don't give a guy like Boston Scott a chance. People are already cutting him.  Boston Scott is what a locker room "needs to see". 

A lot of those blocks would be illegal now a days, the peel back blocks, and I could watch Larry Allen block all day, dude was a beast.

Archived