EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

I don't know who would be terrible aside from Josh McDaniel bringing Fat Patricia as his d-coordinator.  

I really don’t mind Patricia as a Cordinator but the package deal with McDaniels is very underwhelming. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That's essentially what Steelers did to 2 players

Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a woman and the Steelers stood by him. 

Steelers went away from Antonio Brown because they didn't think a WR was worth it.

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Have to imagine the coaches that are getting interviewed have been told what's happening

Messy FO with a now diva QB

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I got my resume ready! Need some assistants for the staff. Gonna ask JR to help with the oline. Who else wants in? 

I'll help with WR scouting.

Just now, jwill2420 said:

I really don’t mind Patricia as a Cordinator but the package deal with McDaniels is very underwhelming. 

Mcdaniels is underwhelming. Legitimately every time he has not had Brady his offenses have sucked. His offenses have finished 18th, 19th, 28th and 32nd in scoring without Brady. Just cause he yells at Brady and holds him accountable doesn’t mean he’s going to be a good HC. He got into it with Marshall and cutler in Denver and he wound up with Tebow and running that offense into the ground cause of it. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a woman and the Steelers stood by him. 

Steelers went away from Antonio Brown because they didn't think a WR was worth it.

I was actually referring to Bell and Brown

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I got my resume ready! Need some assistants for the staff. Gonna ask JR to help with the oline. Who else wants in? 

Ill join the scouting department. But I do it on my own time, and Im not traveling anywhere. I want a sweet office with a sweet computer/monitor setup and some TVs to watch games, and youtube. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d argue he has better WRs and will fuller is a free agent and likely going to leave. So it’s really cooks and coutee. The eagles tight end even with ertz gone, RB and oline when healthy is better than the Texans.

that said he’s not coming here. That’s a pipe dream. He likely winds up in Miami for #3, tua and picks or the Jets who have a ton of draft capital or possibly the niners if they go all in 

Maybe the Panthers, too?  He'd have weapons there and Bridgewater was always just a stop-gap.  Watson grew up in Gainesville, GA and played at Clemson so might like the idea of playing closer to home should he be able to influence his destination via a trade. 

I guess I can help with some athletic training too. Telemedicine only. Im not moving to texas. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mcdaniels is underwhelming. Legitimately every time he has not had Brady his offenses have sucked. His offenses have finished 18th, 19th, 28th and 32nd in scoring without Brady. Just cause he yells at Brady and holds him accountable doesn’t mean he’s going to be a good HC. He got into it with Marshall and cutler in Denver and he wound up with Tebow and running that offense into the ground cause of it. 

Also I don’t see that dink and dunk style that doesn’t value the running game working with Wentz or Hurts. Last time the Pats had a threat of a running game was Corey Dillion

Just now, Green_Guinness said:

Maybe the Panthers, too?  He'd have weapons there and Bridgewater was always just a stop-gap.  Watson grew up in Gainesville, GA and played at Clemson so might like the idea of playing closer to home should he be able to influence his destination via a trade. 

Possibly but their OL is not good. Like they were bad heading into the season like slightly better than what the eagles were towards the end of the year. Still think Miami makes the most sense. Can offer Tua, #3 and likely more picks. 

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'll help with WR scouting.

Your campaign slogan for the position should be:  Robinson, Godwin, Jefferson.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess I can help with some athletic training too. Telemedicine only. Im not moving to texas. 

I mean if josh mccown could be an eagle from Texas it should be fine. 

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I'll take quality control over the cheerleading squad

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Possibly but their OL is not good. Like they were bad heading into the season like slightly better than what the eagles were towards the end of the year. Still think Miami makes the most sense. Can offer Tua, #3 and likely more picks. 

Interestingly, they drafted all D players in 2020 so even though they'd be giving up their 1st Round pick this draft (and maybe another one as well) they could go all O players this draft and help make the OL better (they could use a good TE as well).  Maybe sign a FA OL, though I don't know what their cap situation is, but if they're going to sign 1 really good FA then it should be OL if they were to pull off a trade for Watson.  Then they'd be a better overall position on O.

3 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

he's not worth  3 1st

You're right -- he's worth more. He's a 25 year old bonafide franchise QB. The conversation should start at 3 1sts and a starting caliber player.

5 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

he's not worth  3 1st

Exactly him being so vocal and saying there's no way he wants to play for the Texans dropped his value. Plus the fact that some teams just flat out won't touch him with his attitude because who says he won't do it with the new team. The Texans better take what they can get it's going to get real ugly.

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m in but I wanna be OC. I already have my 200 page playbook which consist of 200 passing plays.....

Florio thinks it’s possible we could name a new coach this week, but seems to just be his opinion, not necessarily sourced, we’ll see.

5 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Interestingly, they drafted all D players in 2020 so even though they'd be giving up their 1st Round pick this draft (and maybe another one as well) they could go all O players this draft and help make the OL better (they could use a good TE as well).  Maybe sign a FA OL, though I don't know what their cap situation is, but if they're going to sign 1 really good FA then it should be OL if they were to pull off a trade for Watson.  Then they'd be a better overall position on O.

Haven’t looked at the free agent market for OL. I’m guessing there maybe one or two. And they could fix it. However i think Carolina would likely be giving up more than just a first this year sitting at 8 if the market consists of miami and jets. Both have a lot of draft capital and Carolina sits at 8th. The 2nd and 3rd pick is much more valuable so they’d have to make up that difference. 

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Florio thinks it’s possible we could name a new coach this week, but seems to just be his opinion, not necessarily sourced, we’ll see.

I mean caplan on their podcast said he thought by next Friday we’d know. Not sure if that means have a guy in place but is still in the playoffs or actually announce it. 

Archived