EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Haven’t looked at the free agent market for OL. I’m guessing there maybe one or two. And they could fix it. However i think Carolina would likely be giving up more than just a first this year sitting at 8 if the market consists of miami and jets. Both have a lot of draft capital and Carolina sits at 8th. The 2nd and 3rd pick is much more valuable so they’d have to make up that difference. 

I mean caplan on their podcast said he thought by next Friday we’d know. Not sure if that means have a guy in place but is still in the playoffs or actually announce it. 

Yeah, with what MIA and NYJ could offer just in picks CAR would have to give up a lot.  I just checked their cap on overthecap and it lists them as having a little over $13M to spend.  And didn't realized they signed Bridgewater to such a big contract and their best option to clear cap space with a minimum dead money hit would be a post June 1 trade where the dead money would only be $5M with an $18M cap savings, but who would take on his contract?  Have to think MIA and NYJ are the front runners at the moment.  Crazy.

7 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

I’m in but I wanna be OC. I already have my 200 page playbook which consist of 200 passing plays.....

Hi, Marty.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Haven’t looked at the free agent market for OL. I’m guessing there maybe one or two. And they could fix it. However i think Carolina would likely be giving up more than just a first this year sitting at 8 if the market consists of miami and jets. Both have a lot of draft capital and Carolina sits at 8th. The 2nd and 3rd pick is much more valuable so they’d have to make up that difference. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/offensive-line/

2 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Yeah, with what MIA and NYJ could offer just in picks CAR would have to give up a lot.  I just checked their cap on overthecap and it lists them as having a little over $13M to spend.  And didn't realized they signed Bridgewater to such a big contract and their best option to clear cap space with a minimum dead money hit would be a post June 1 trade where the dead money would only be $5M with an $18M cap savings, but who would take on his contract?  Have to think MIA and NYJ are the front runners at the moment.  Crazy.

Hi, Marty.

I think someone would take bridgewater if they were going to draft a QB and didn’t think he was ready and he’d be the bridge to that QB. It’s kind of why I think Carolina could take trey Lance if he’s available at eight. He doesn’t need to play right away which is good because I don’t think he should play right away after playing only one game this year. So gives them time to work with him and learn from the sidelines like reid did with mahomes. Plus rhule has time. They aren’t firing him any time soon. So he can bring him along slowly 

Weird watching a team with a fast guy that they want to get the ball to, just handing it to him.  Is that legal? 

36 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wow, that is a ton to give up considering it includes the 2nd pick. Never freaking do that if I was the Jets.

51 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re not too bright, are you?

Naw I just know if it's dark you turn on a light switch or light a 🕯️. You guys should be sick of this shhhh.

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Wow, that is a ton to give up considering it includes the 2nd pick. Never freaking do that if I was the Jets.

It is a ton, but they have spare picks due to other moves.  Picking up Watson, grab a few free agents and they could compete for that division next year, so those other picks arent worth as much as a top 10 like they would likely be without making that deal... AND takes the sting out of not getting the #1 pick.  Trade Darnold to recoup a bit and they still have a first round pick in 2022.  So in terms of absolute cost, its not that much. I'd want to make that 2023 pick conditional though.  If the Jets don't make the playoffs in 2022, then it's a 2nd round pick, not a first.  If they dont make the playoffs in 2021 or 2022, then its a 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Idk. So it’s if you trade two overall this year you were likely to take fields. To me that’s a massive upgrade from fields to watson.  The 2022 I’d make the seattle first as it’s likely to be back end of the first. 2023 if you build right that first is likely end of the round. Essentially the Jets do it they traded Jamal Adams where they got two firsts and a first to get watson. And they still could deal Sam darnold and get picks back. Jets haven’t had a franchise type QB in forever and considering even if i trade two firsts the next two years I still have a first rounder in each of those drafts is nice.  

9 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Hi, Marty.

I’m working on my OC speech this is what I have so far 

Uh hem. Listen up men cause I’m only gonna repeat myself all season. Your lives and well-being rely on one word, PASS. That’s right I said pass. P-A-S-S boys. When In doubt Pass. 4th and inches? Pass. 1st and goal pass. Backed up at our one yard line and need room to punt? PASS! If the RB takes the ball by some chance you swat the ball out of his hands and Damn it PASS. Where would Tom Brady be without the pass? He would be married to some beached whale not some beautiful model! So let’s go men are ya with me? 1-2-3 PASS!!!! 

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!  

Your gonna love the Decision to make me OC...

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

I’m working on my OC speech this is what I have so far 

Uh hem. Listen up men cause I’m only gonna repeat myself all season. Your lives and well-being rely on one word, PASS. That’s right I said pass. P-A-S-S boys. When In doubt Pass. 4th and inches? Pass. 1st and goal pass. Backed up at our one yard line and need room to punt? PASS! If the RB takes the ball by some chance you swat the ball out of his hands and Damn it PASS. Where would Tom Brady be without the pass? He would be married to some beached whale not some beautiful model! So let’s go men are ya with me? 1-2-3 PASS!!!! 

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!  

Your gonna love the Decision to make me OC...

What a passionate speech. I might lose you to a HC job in a year. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What a passionate speech. I might lose you to a HC job in a year. 

Depends who’s the GM and does he love to backload contracts put the team in cap hell  and give old players injured players new deals even though they should have been cut 2 years ago?

59 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I got my resume ready! Need some assistants for the staff. Gonna ask JR to help with the oline. Who else wants in? 

I’ll be DC and wear a suit on the sidelines, but I’m calling exclusively cover 0 and picket D on third and fourth downs 

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Depends who’s the GM and does he love to backload contracts put the team in cap hell  and give old players injured players new deals even though they should have been cut 2 years ago?

It’s the texans front office so it’s possible 

The Chiefs just handed the ball off to another fast guy, who was MOVING at the snap of the ball.  That's gotta be illegal.  Why is no one upset about this? 

Oh look Andy doing with mecole what we should’ve been doing all year with reagor 

Then they faked it to that guy in motion... and then threw it to him with no one else near him.   This is just bizarre.  These plays must be illegal.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I got my resume ready! Need some assistants for the staff. Gonna ask JR to help with the oline. Who else wants in? 

I wanna be the LB coach. I don't wanna have to do much of anything, and we don't value LBs anyway.

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It is a ton, but they have spare picks due to other moves.  Picking up Watson, grab a few free agents and they could compete for that division next year, so those other picks arent worth as much as a top 10 like they would likely be without making that deal... AND takes the sting out of not getting the #1 pick.  Trade Darnold to recoup a bit and they still have a first round pick in 2022.  So in terms of absolute cost, its not that much. I'd want to make that 2023 pick conditional though.  If the Jets don't make the playoffs in 2022, then it's a 2nd round pick, not a first.  If they dont make the playoffs in 2021 or 2022, then its a 3rd.

We agree 3 firsts isn't that much of a cost. I just look at what the Eagles gave up to move from 8 to 2, and I'm sure Houston would ask for it, but I'm not sure I'd use that pick in a package with two other firsts. That's just me.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk. So it’s if you trade two overall this year you were likely to take fields. To me that’s a massive upgrade from fields to watson.  The 2022 I’d make the seattle first as it’s likely to be back end of the first. 2023 if you build right that first is likely end of the round. Essentially the Jets do it they traded Jamal Adams where they got two firsts and a first to get watson. And they still could deal Sam darnold and get picks back. Jets haven’t had a franchise type QB in forever and considering even if i trade two firsts the next two years I still have a first rounder in each of those drafts is nice.  

That's more reasonable. They could trade back from 2 and get even more picks at that point since they wouldn't need a QB. Again, I'm sure Houston would want it, but that's just me. I think Watson is good, but still.

16 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn't give them a lot.(1 first rounder, maybe a mid/late rounder with it) Lets be honest which teams really will make a offer for Watson? Esp now with him forcing his way out. I have a feeling it will only be 1 to 3 teams that would even consider it.  Secondly will Watson agree to go to the team the Texans make an agreement with? Watson holds all the cards in the deck. Texans really only have two choices. Take what they can get from a team Watson is willing to go to or keep him and take the risk of it blowing up even more. 

If they take it, great. If not so be it, one less headache player on the team that I would not have to deal with. 

Archived