EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

So he can throw a fit and request a trade because of O'Brien?

What happens when he doesn't like what Eagles are doing?

I’m talking about Jack Easterby. 

19 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

A lot of you bashed Wentz and called him a crybaby for supposedly going to the media even when he didn't. Also bashed him because of a report that Press Taylor coddles him

Watson has publicly stated he's unhappy because his opinion on the GM and HC hiring's have been getting ignored...

Make that make sense

I don’t care what the owner did or didn’t tell Watson — a player gets zero input in the hiring process for a GM position.  If he had gotten upset over not being consulted on head coach candidates, maybe — but that should never be made public, either.

The Texans need to be in full-blown rebuild mode.  If the franchise QB doesn’t want to be part of it, that’s up to him.  Trade him now to the highest bidder, because he’s not a leader.

15 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I don’t care what the owner did or didn’t tell Watson — a player gets zero input in the hiring process for a GM position.  If he had gotten upset over not being consulted on head coach candidates, maybe — but that should never be made public, either.

The Texans need to be in full-blown rebuild mode.  If the franchise QB doesn’t want to be part of it, that’s up to him.  Trade him now to the highest bidder, because he’s not a leader.

How can you have this opinion and defend Wentz at every turn?

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

Hiring McDaniels couldn't possibly happen... Could it?

I’m thinking Lurie wants to look thorough. My money is on Duce or Kafka. 

17 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

How can you have this opinion and defend Wentz at every turn?

Because Wentz had issues with the head coach who had him dropping back 45 times per game behind 1/5 of his regular OL, benched him without telling him, and put Alshon on the field at the expense of Fulgham — where Watson wants to dictate to the Texans who their executives should be.

21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It would be funny if they were just trolling him — tell him to get a staff together, give him some business cards of some local realtors, etc., then hire someone else while he’s signing the mortgage papers 

Have to hire him we lost out on everything else and he’s just as desperate lol

I can’t see a realistic scenario where McDaniels would want to come here. He wants control, he’s not going to collaborate with Howie. I’m guessing it’s just Lurie doing him a favor and getting his name out there 

10 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Because Wentz had issues with the head coach who had him dropping back 45 times per game behind 1/5 of his regular OL, benched him without telling him, and put Alshon on the field at the expense of Fulgham — where Watson wants to dictate to the Texans who their executives should be.

We don't even know if Wentz had any issues. Two reports were opinion pieces of the writers

We do know Watson is unhappy because he's publicly stated it

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I can’t see a realistic scenario where McDaniels would want to come here. He wants control, he’s not going to collaborate with Howie. I’m guessing it’s just Lurie doing him a favor and getting his name out there 

I’m a bit confused;  I always assumed McDaniels ditched the Colts because when Kraft called him for that meeting with Belichick they would have told him he’s getting Belichick’s head coaching job sooner than later.  Maybe Belichick wants to coach 5 more years ....

McDaniels is not particularly likeable — but there’s no denying he’s 100X more qualified that some of the candidates.  If he honestly feels like he’s the guy who can get Wentz back to where he needs to be, I could be convinced to get on board.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Much easier to trade Wentz when you've told the entire NFL he's "fixable".

What kind of head coach are you gonna get with a picture of Jalen Hurts on the table?

I’m almost rooting for a McDaniels hire. Maybe the next two season of cap hell mixed with Josh and he loses a ton of games and maybe Then Lurie finally gets rid of Howie. 

So when's Jalen going to be given the Mike Vick award "underneath the KOBE mural" ? ROFL 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Yep.  They may have screwed Watson with their personnel decisions and I understand his frustration there.  But a player doesn’t get to throw a tantrum over not being the one hiring a GM or HC.  

8 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

I’m almost rooting for a McDaniels hire. Maybe the next two season of cap hell mixed with Josh and he loses a ton of games and maybe Then Lurie finally gets rid of Howie. 

If these coaches are flying to FL to interview, that means Lurie will be making the final call on the head coaching hire.  Losing a bunch of games as a result of that decision isn’t going to impact Howie or his job security 

I like McDaniels over some other canidates that we are or will be interviewing.  I would rather have Daboll, Brady, or Riley over McDaniels but I would rather have McDaniels over the other crap. 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m hoping they go Staley but i have a hard time believing they don’t go daboll if he wants to be there unless spanos is being a cheap ass. Which is highly likely 

That's my hope as well. The Chargers are a cheap organization. Not to mention maybe the Chargers don't feel like waiting till the plyoffs are over and feel that Staley is an equal hire to Daboll. If they're happy with either one we could get lucky Cuz I'd rather have Daboll than any other coach left.

1 hour ago, RLC said:

This is for the "The NFL is a meritocracy" crowd.

Maybe Brian stole Tom's girlfriend during high school. Or just used her an abused her, then left her for Tom afterwards. Still a grudge they're :-)

We aren’t getting Daboll we are getting a b list candidate who they can dictate to.

Archived