EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

I wouldn't give them a lot.(1 first rounder, maybe a mid/late rounder with it) Lets be honest which teams really will make a offer for Watson? Esp now with him forcing his way out. I have a feeling it will only be 1 to 3 teams that would even consider it.  Secondly will Watson agree to go to the team the Texans make an agreement with? Watson holds all the cards in the deck. Texans really only have two choices. Take what they can get from a team Watson is willing to go to or keep him and take the risk of it blowing up even more. 

Going to have the Jets and dolphins and probably some contender like SF who’d like to upgrade from Jimmy G.  they are going to pin them against each other. Add on watson is 25 years old and locked up for the foreseeable future. If you think a 1st and 3rd gets this done that’s fine. I’m highly doubting that when somehow Bradford who had proven less besides being injury prone and captain check down got a first for the eagles. For Andy Reid to move up to 10 just to get Patrick mahomes who was unproven at that point cost 2 firsts rounders. So a top 10 if not top 5 QB is going to fetch just 1st and a mid round pick i find hard to believe especially when he’s 25 

also I’m guessing if watson wants out there bad enough he’ll go to the team that offers up the package for him especially if it’s Miami. 

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol I'd be surprised if Watson said yes to a trade to the Jets even if they have a new HC

Wouldn’t be so sure about that. Jets have a ton cap space and he’s good friend with fuller who’s a free agent. The Jets if they dealt for watson and signed will fuller and use the rest of their draft class (still have a bunch of picks and could get more with darnold) to fix up spots isn’t nearly as bad as people are making it. They have a ton of cap, a young HC who’s bringing shanahan’s system with him and even after a trade a ton of picks to add youn players. He’d have at WR if they signed fuller in FA, fuller crowder and mims.

Plus he’s in NY the media capital of the world. People poo poo that but it’s actually relevant if he has off the field aspirations after football and you can say can do that in every market now but not every market has the same opportunities as NY. I’ll give an example Andre Iguodala when he was in Philadelphia did not have the same things around his business ventures outside of basketball that the SF/Oakland area did. I know this because the Arizona coaches and some players (guys who come back to run the basketball camps during the summer) I’ve gotten talked to said his outsider business was vastly helped going to Golden State and the connections he met there. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Going to have the Jets and dolphins and probably some contender like SF who’d like to upgrade from Jimmy G.  they are going to pin them against each other. Add on watson is 25 years old and locked up for the foreseeable future. If you think a 1st and 3rd gets this done that’s fine. I’m highly doubting that when somehow Bradford who had proven less besides being injury prone and captain check down got a first for the eagles. For Andy Reid to move up to 10 just to get Patrick mahomes who was unproven at that point cost 2 firsts rounders. So a top 10 if not top 5 QB is going to fetch just 1st and a mid round pick i find hard to believe especially when he’s 25 

also I’m guessing if watson wants out there bad enough he’ll go to the team that offers up the package for him especially if it’s Miami. 

I dont buy the Phins unless they are giving Tua with a pick. So Tua would be a first rounder right there. 9ers are possible since Jimmy's dead cap is nothing. However they have a good team coming off a SB game and had a ton of injuries, including Jimmy. Jets maybe but I dont think they are as interested as many think. I think they want to use all those picks to build up that really bad talent team. Id throw Steelers in there if Big Ben is on his way out. He would love playing there with a minority coach. Thats rumored how this all started. Watson is a big supporter of Black Lives matter and wanted a minority coach/GM. If true its kind of a dumb excuse to force a trade. Only others that could ask is the Patriots that would deal with him. 

Williams playing over Le’veon is super telling with CEH inactive 

16 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I dont buy the Phins unless they are giving Tua with a pick. So Tua would be a first rounder right there. 9ers are possible since Jimmy's dead cap is nothing. However they have a good team coming off a SB game and had a ton of injuries, including Jimmy. Jets maybe but I dont think they are as interested as many think. I think they want to use all those picks to build up that really bad talent team. Id throw Steelers in there if Big Ben is on his way out. He would love playing there with a minority coach. Thats rumored how this all started. Watson is a big supporter of Black Lives matter and wanted a minority coach/GM. If true its kind of a dumb excuse to force a trade. Only others that could ask is the Patriots that would deal with him. 

I believe the Dolphins are involved. The fact of the matter is I brought up a couple weeks ago there’s been reports that they weren’t sold with tua. There’s a report by the Miami herald where they have players within the organization saying they don’t believe in him as well (https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248464745.html). I also believe the beat writers at the athletic have indicated that multiple times in the last couple weeks of the season and after their season ended that there’s people in the front office not sold on him. everyone just assumes because they took him at five last year that that means they’re completely in on him. Cardinals dealt Rosen and drafted Murray in a year and Rosen was a top 10 pick. And the Dolphins are anything but conventional hence benching him when they were supposed to be having him grow and trying to make the playoffs instead. I don’t think that’s the case you saw it with Brian Flores benching him. Albert Breer also reported they could draft a QB at 3 cause there were people inside the organization not sold on tua. I want to say schefter also touched on that. Theres a ton of smoke around the dolphins not being sold on tua. 

I find it hard to believe the Jets who might have to take Justin fields at two (Who is nowhere close to being Deshaun Watson and 3 years younger when he gets drafted) or go with Sam Darnold would not be interested in a franchise quarterback that is 25 years old. I get Justin fields on a rookie contract but money isn’t an issue for the Jets. The Jets have like the second most Space this year and next year have even more Space. So that’s not an issue for them. that organization hasn’t had a franchise quarterback in nearly like three decades. I am pretty sure Joe Douglas understand the importance of having a franchise quarterback. Add on they’re just got a let him go to the dolphins if the Dolphins are as serious as Adam schefter and some others are reporting? Doubt it. 

12 first downs in 27 plays. If you translate this to the Eagles offense it would be 12 first downs in 270 plays 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

12 first downs in 27 plays. If you translate this to the Eagles offense it would be 12 first downs in 270 plays 

Forgot this would be over 5 games 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

NFL has a curious set of standards.  You crank a dude over the head with his own helmet, 1 year later hour an NFL "Man of the Year” finalist.   LOL. Wow.  

Ridiculous.

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No it’s not.  It’ll take at least 2021- 1st, 2022-1st and 2021-2nd.  At least.   

Ok let's keep it simple. 6 pick and Wentz.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Have to imagine the coaches that are getting interviewed have been told what's happening

Messy FO with a now diva QB

There’s nothing diva about wanting to play for a winning organization.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re strange.  Go away troll.  

You'll get taken. Bend over.

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

It's diva when you're throwing a public fit about getting ignored during the GM and HC hiring's

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Winning organization is part of it. I think it’s also not being in an organization that’s a complete cluster F and has direction.  Say what you want people thought the dolphins were a dumpster fire after Gase and they won 10 games. Because they got the right guys in place and had direction and a plan. I feel the same thing with the Jets. People think they’re a cluster F but they got the right guys in place with saleh, LaFleur and douglas and actually have a plan going forward. The Texans have no plan whatsoever and fly by the seat of their pants. 

he’s definitely a diva. But I would say a lot of quarterbacks are divas. The diva part of it is him thinking he needs to be at the forefront of the coaching and GM hire. I’m guessing that was likely the final straw in a laundry list of things 

The same people who hate Wentz would end up hating Watson.  Its what they do. If the QB dares to make a mistake, hes a crybaby loser and needs benched just like their high school coach would have done back in '86.

Its the portion of the Eagles fan base that apparently will always exist, even after we have a Lombardi.  The backup QB is always the #1 fix to solve any problem.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wow, great play from Sorensen 

Nate Gerry would’ve recovered and returned it........ :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Goes deeper then just the Texans suck and he wants to play for a winner. He wants his minority coach and wanted to pick the new GM to be hired as well. In the end he wanted everything his way and when the Owner said no Watson wants to take his ball and leave. Thats the rumor at least. Who knows if its even deeper then that. 

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Goes deeper then just the Texans suck and he wants to play for a winner. He wants his minority coach and wanted to pick the new GM to be hired as well. In the end he wanted everything his way and when the Owner said no Watson wants to take his ball and leave. Thats the rumor at least. Who knows if its even deeper then that. 

Frankly i believe this stems from even further back. This feels like it was going on the last couple years with Bill O’Brien cause watt has also been critical of the Texans. Don’t disagree with you on your point he wanted some minority candidates considered and they completely didn’t do it until this blew up.

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Worst rule in sports history

I like that rule.

Archived