EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

44 minutes ago, RLC said:

Much easier to trade Wentz when you've told the entire NFL he's "fixable".

Could you imagine being the foolish coach who takes the job on the premise that "Carson is fixable?” Especially if you spent time watching Carson play over the last three years? You’d be fired after this year when it becomes obvious that Carson is done.

I mean, the guy went half the year and couldn’t drive the football 15 yards down the field with power and accuracy. There’s no fixing that.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Thrive said:

Could you imagine being the foolish coach who takes the job on the premise that "Carson is fixable?” Especially if you spent time watching Carson play over the last three years? You’d be fired after this year when it becomes obvious that Carson is done.

I mean, the guy went half the year and couldn’t drive the football 15 yards down the field with power and accuracy. There’s no fixing that.

Nonsense

The new coach should determine who is fixable 

These Reid guys are overrated. Bienemy and Kafka would be terrible. We need some one like the two HCs in Green Bay and LA Rams which is why I want Lincoln Riley but he doesn’t seem interested. 

9 minutes ago, Thrive said:

He had plenty of power. The lack of accuracy was basically unforgivable.

Just now, Saltpeter said:

He had plenty of power. The lack of accuracy was basically unforgivable.

More nonsense

1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

Nonsense

The whole notion that the job is unappealing because of Wentz is nonsense.  Nobody batted an eye when he got that contract; most people said the Eagles were smart to get it done when they did.  Same goes for the whole narrative of being over the salary cap.  It’s not a one-year job.  How does the cap look in 2022, 2023?  

An interview is a two-way discussion.  The coach that gets hired will be the candidate with the best long term plan — who does he have in mind for his staff (coordinators, position coaches), what is his philosophy, what has his experiences taught him.

People need to get over the Wentz hate.  If he plays in 2021 like he did in 2020 he won’t be around any longer than that.  The organization isn’t going to pitch him into the waste bin after 12 bad games 

3 minutes ago, Thrive said:

I'm not sure why.  Physically he has the tools.  He has elite arm talent.  He just could not get it together this season.  Mentally he had a terrible year the impacted every part of his performance.  I put some stock in McLane's article.  I think he didn't take ownership and didn't fix his persistent mistakes and bad habits.  I also think all of those things are fixable if he chooses to fix them.  He's 27 and has had above average play over a lot of his career.  He's not that tradeable this offseason.  So any coach that wants the job will have to fix him.  It's also not like Hurts is an elite prospect waiting in the wings.  Hurts has what appears to be an average to below average arm.  He didn't play great and showed no real ability to win games on his own.  He's an above average runner but not on the level of a Lamar Jackson.  He's not the apparent solution.  If I was coming in, I think the only real option next season is to see if Carson can return to form.  If not, you move on and hope the team does poorly enough to draft a QB in 2022.  

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

These Reid guys are overrated. Bienemy and Kafka would be terrible. We need some one like the two HCs in Green Bay and LA Rams which is why I want Lincoln Riley but he doesn’t seem interested. 

I don't know who would be terrible aside from Josh McDaniel bringing Fat Patricia as his d-coordinator.  

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The whole notion that the job is unappealing because of Wentz is nonsense.  Nobody batted an eye when he got that contract; most people said the Eagles were smart to get it done when they did.  Same goes for the whole narrative of being over the salary cap.  It’s not a one-year job.  How does the cap look in 2022, 2023?  

An interview is a two-way discussion.  The coach that gets hired will be the candidate with the best long term plan — who does he have in mind for his staff (coordinators, position coaches), what is his philosophy, what has his experiences taught him.

People need to get over the Wentz hate.  If he plays in 2021 like he did in 2020 he won’t be around any longer than that.  The organization isn’t going to pitch him into the waste bin after 12 bad games 

I think that's the reality barring some real machinations to make a trade work this offseason.  I mean I don't see how it would work but could they send him to Houston for Deshaun Watson.  That would be a great trade.  

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Current preferred order:

Riley

Brady

Daboll

McDaniels

I think Daboll is likely headed to the Chargers.  He's my preference.  I'm not sold on Brady.  I don't like McDaniels if he's bringing Patricia with him.  I tend to think the next hire is a short term answer.  I don't see any real improvement in the team without firing Roseman.  I could see the benefit of bringing on someone like Bienemy because he would push back on Roseman/Lurie. 

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Understand where you are coming from and we’ve had this discussion ad neuseum: I think Carson has played mediocre to bad football since his injury and the four game stretch last year was the aberration (and thus 2020 was just more of the new normal) and it sounds like you think 2020 was the aberration. When you disagree at that fundamental level, you aren’t going to agree to much in terms of the team’s future outlook and the attractive nature of the Eagles coaching position.

So from my perspective, this job is unattractive to the higher end coaches because whoever is coming in basically has to agree to perform a miracle or be fired next year.

Depending on who they hire, I think going 0-16 next season could truly be the best thing for them. It would be the ultimate humbling experience, that’s for sure, and possibly get Howie fired finally. If they promote Duce, or get Kafka, that’s what I hope happens... 0-16. 

If they’re mandating Wentz be the starter next season, they’re an embarrassment and I hope every good candidate turns them down. They just need to be humbled as a duo, their collective ego is totally out of control. They should tell the coach it’s their decision on who wins the QB  job.

19 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Current preferred order:

Riley

Brady

Daboll

McDaniels

Riley, Brady, and Brandon Staley are my top 3. Young and energetic. Each guy has a vision and willingness to adapt.

33 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Unless I'm missing something, power and arm strength isnt an issue for Wentz.

Accuracy on the other hand is an issue.

So serious question, not trying to sarcastic: are there recent examples of coaches that have come right from college and had success as a NFL HC?  I like Riley's resume it just seems like the odds are not in his favor historically. May well be plenty of examples I'm missing here though. 

I honestly don’t know what is so undesirable about Houston except that Watson is unhappy that he didn’t pick the GM.

2 minutes ago, Thrive said:

I honestly don’t know what is so undesirable about Houston except that Watson is unhappy that he didn’t pick the GM.

You should read up on the situation and Jack Easterby.

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No it’s not.  It’ll take at least 2021- 1st, 2022-1st and 2021-2nd.  At least.   

Aren't there other QB in this draft? Since you wanna undervalue six f it.

Archived