Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

21 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

What other reason to fire Doug? Unless that last game tank dive was all Doug's idea. 

Read what the sources are saying. Apparently he gave a lame presentation for how to improve the team and had a hissy fit about how much control he has.

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Wasted... how so? In this league you need a very good back-up especially if your QB can't stay on the field.

I don’t argue that but given the state this team was in as far as talent, you roll with Sudfeld as your backup and draft something else at 53.

Jalen Hurts had no business being drafted by us. To some other team right now, he’s possibly their starter.......

The ish probably started last year when Howie and Lurie fired Doug's Coaches. 

Thanks for the Super Bowl, Doug!! I am sure you will get a job real quick. Good luck, sir.

Just now, IINorthStar said:

The real question. Is there another shoe to drop. What would it mean if Doug and Wentz end up in Indy with Frank. 

For sure ppl would have to admit then its Howie but u could say that now. 

Let's see how this unfolds. 

There’s no way Doug ends up being Reich’s OC. Doug would take a year off before he did that. Heck if anything he’d do it for Andy before he’d do it for Reich.

17 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You think Wentz and Howie teamed up against DP to Lurie?

Nah, With DP out so is his buddy , Press, now if Lurie retains press Taylor than that's telling.

2 minutes ago, IINorthStar said:

The real question. Is there another shoe to drop. What would it mean if Doug and Wentz end up in Indy with Frank. 

For sure ppl would have to admit then its Howie but u could say that now. 

Let's see how this unfolds. 

Doug and Wentz reportedly want nothing to do with each other. 

2 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

The ish probably started last year when Howie and Lurie fired Doug's Coaches. 

Thanks for the Super Bowl, Doug!! I am sure you will get a job real quick. Good luck, sir.

I could see Jacksonville, they got Lawrence coming their way. 

Just now, LacesOut said:

This decision is most likely the best for both parties.

Depends on who replaces. We are behind in the coaching search. Should have done this a week ago. Unless Lurie and Howie got their guy secretly. Maybe Urban? 

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

This decision is most likely the best for both parties.

This was in the making over a year ago. The GM and owner forced Doug to fire his coaches, and they wanted to take his only real power he had and that was play calling from him. Doug probably wanted out of here and they didn’t want him having a spine.  

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Doug and Wentz reportedly want nothing to do with each other. 

I hope Wentz isn't holding his benching against Doug. He deserved it by that point and even earlier than that. If Carson's only reason for the Doug hate is  that, then Wentz needs to go. Now if it's about the system Doug was running and lack of adjustments, then I would get it.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

There’s no way Doug ends up being Reich’s OC. Doug would take a year off before he did that. Heck if anything he’d do it for Andy before he’d do it for Reich.

Its possible.  Probable, 🤷🏿‍♂️

We've seen stranger things happen. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Depends on who replaces. We are behind in the coaching search. Should have done this a week ago. Unless Lurie and Howie got their guy secretly. Maybe Urban? 

Oh there’s no doubt that they have their eyes on someone, he’ll they started going through names a month ago. This crap just didn’t hit the fan last week 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Lurie has the nerve to talk on that. He promoted Howie from within. 

Eh, I agree with the Roseman thing, but if Doug’s big plans for fixing the offense was to make Taylor the OC, he had to go. 

Just now, IINorthStar said:

Its possible.  Probable, 🤷🏿‍♂️

We've seen stranger things happen. 

I highly doubt it. 

I don’t think Wentz nor Howie quite understand how toxic this environment is going to be next season. If they don’t start 3-0 I don’t think they’re man enough to handle it.

Didn't think it could happen. Don't like it.

That said, now things get really interesting.. that opens all kind of options in this offseason.

Lets pray we make the best of it! :Eagle_smiley:

19 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You think Wentz and Howie teamed up against DP to Lurie?

Seems like Howie and Lurie are into the DP’s that’s why Howie hasn’t been fired also.

6 minutes ago, judunno said:

Read what the sources are saying. Apparently he gave a lame presentation for how to improve the team and had a hissy fit about how much control he has.

It’s troubling how accurate these leaks have been. There weren’t many people involved in this conversation.

6 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

I don’t argue that but given the state this team was in as far as talent, you roll with Sudfeld as your backup and draft something else at 53.

Jalen Hurts had no business being drafted by us. To some other team right now, he’s possibly their starter.......

Sudfield... nah. With Jalen we could always get that pick back if we want to trade him. Not a bad investment to kick the tires. He looks like an above avg back-up border line potential starter compared to what's out there.

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Eh, I agree with the Roseman thing, but if Doug’s big plans for fixing the offense was to make Taylor the OC, he had to go. 

Well, that's fair I guess.

2 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I don’t think Wentz nor Howie quite understand how toxic this environment is going to be next season. If they don’t start 3-0 I don’t think they’re man enough to handle it.

Well Howie is like a Cockroach in that he survives anything and everything. So why should he be worried?

Just now, SBorBust said:

It’s troubling how accurate these leaks have been. There weren’t many people involved in this conversation.

They could've been from Doug's camp though because Doug just wanted to rehash the same coaches and he had to know that wouldn't go over well.

Archived