Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If this is a precursor to firing Howie and accepting we need to rebuild the roster and start again that's fine, if Howie stays then we're trying to sell a job where the GM can't draft but can't be fired and will talk you out of a job at the first sight of a losing season.

It was wierd how all the talk turned to losing the dressing room on the last game despite some quotes at first that a lot of players expected Sudfeld to come in at some point, it's reminiscent of the end of Chip, all of a sudden the papers were full of talk of the dressing room being lost. 

It'll be interesting to see who they get, Bieniemy will just prove that Kansas is more about Reid than whoever holds the clipboard and calls themselves OC IMO. 

Dressing room...? Makes it sound like a beauty pageant.

Football has locker rooms🙃

3 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Bienemy HC, Duce OC

run the goddamn football

I have a feeling Duce is gonna be the HC. 

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OH like Ped woulda called that on his own? HAHAHAHA.Watch the tape where Foles comes over and says "you want some Philly Philly?" If that's not a play call I don;t know what is

Again... you don't understand who was in charge. Players always make recommendations to coaches during games doesn't mean that the coaches always listen.

1 minute ago, sseifert said:

He hasn't even been a coordinator yet. He should be the OC. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The fact Howie wasn’t fired is the true travesty here. 

Well that and another reason that I'm sure you'll agree with me on buddy. 

5 minutes ago, sseifert said:

If it's true dp was told to tank and got fired anyway why would he want the job knowing he's a potential scapegoat and howie snakes his way out every year... I wouldn't want the job if it's true Howie didn't listen to the scouts and passed on Jefferson... Screw Howie 

3 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

It's not Hurts who has the say.  It's the diva who will force the team to get rid of him.

Making Howie look even more stupid. He drafted him, it backfired, we wasted the #53 pick while being one of the oldest teams and now there’s a strong chance we trade him. 

So why did this take so long? If they knew they were going to fire the coach then they should have done it last Monday. Now it feels like they're behind in their search. Of course this place feels like poison right now. Who is coming in here willing to give the GM as much power as he has? Clearly the owner and GM think the coach doesn’t really matter as long as they are in control. 

So... do they still move on from Wentz, or see if a new coach can "fix” him? I personally think they still need to move on. 

I also think any new HC is going to want "his guy” at QB, and the Eagles currently have the 6th pick... 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

So why did this take so long? If you knew he was going to fire the coach then you should have done it last Monday. Now it feels like they're behind in their search. Of course this place feels like poison right now. Who is coming in here willing to give the GM as much power as he has. Clearly the owner and GM think the coach doesn’t really matter as long as they are in control. 

It feels like he refused to budge off of simply promoting from within, and Lurie wasn’t going to let that fly. 

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Both screwed Wentz over. Howie gave Wentz freaking JJAW as a weapon and gave that snake Alshon that horrible contract

Wentz screwed himself by not bothering to work on his awful mechanics / fundamentals.

30 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I’ll vomit, eat my vomit, then re-vomit my vomit.  

Where is that poster KafkaEra... he will make a comeback LOL.... 

Jeffrey sell the team.  Howie being fired is first order of business on day 1.

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Time to give Duce a chance at OC?

I’d rather they blow the entire coaching staff out. 

1 minute ago, Maga301 said:

Making Howie look even more stupid. He drafted him, it backfired, we wasted the #53 pick while being one of the oldest teams and now there’s a strong chance we trade him. 

Wasted... how so? In this league you need a very good back-up especially if your QB can't stay on the field.

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I feel a new coaching tree coming. This coaching tree has gotten us nowhere. Stout land is the only one I would keep

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

If that means a little more balance to our offense... I'm all for it 🙂

4 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Maybe Doug putting his foot down over the staff was him looking to get fired? He put up with a lot of disrespect over the course of the last month. In fact, for years in press conferences Howie reveled in showing everyone Doug was a subordinate. Maybe he just had enough.

Makes sense, what coach wants zero say in anything, howie wanted to strip him of play calling after they had already given him no say in his coaching staff and when he was hired he didn't have personnel power, so take all those things away and what's left?

No coach is going to want to come into a situation where they have zero say in anything and the bean counter GM runs the whole show, stupid stuff by Lurie the structure of the organization from top to bottom is broken, that's on Lurie. He needs to fire howie.

Not sure how I feel about this. I'd have given him another year. This was a bad season, but he did win us a Super Bowl and make the playoffs the next 2 years. This team is going nowhere with our accountant GM no matter who the HC is.

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

So... do they still move on from Wentz, or see if a new coach can "fix” him? I personally think they still need to move on. 

I also think any new HC is going to want "his guy” at QB, and the Eagles currently have the 6th pick... 

It feels like he refused to budge off of simply promoting from within, and Lurie wasn’t going to let that fly. 

Lurie has the nerve to talk on that. He promoted Howie from within. 

The real question. Is there another shoe to drop. What would it mean if Doug and Wentz end up in Indy with Frank. 

For sure ppl would have to admit then its Howie but u could say that now. 

Let's see how this unfolds. 

Archived