Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

18 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i guess.  i mean, kork played himself out of the rotation in the regular season...so i would be shocked if he didn't completely suck in a playoff atmosphere....but the entire bench is just garbage, so.....

It's up to the coach to adjust after a few games when things aren't working and we have a long long history of Doc never doing that. 

If Embiid doesn't get 15 to 20 FT attempts tonight then they didn't work on anything the last few days to put him in a position to be successful. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's up to the coach to adjust after a few games when things aren't working and we have a long long history of Doc never doing that. 

If Embiid doesn't get 15 to 20 FT attempts tonight then they didn't work on anything the last few days to put him in a position to be successful. 

yeah, glenn sucks & most of us want him gone.  if anything, i expect him to play the starters for even more minutes since the bench guys look shell-shocked.  hell, a couple of the starters do too.  

embiid needs to play like an mvp candidate if they're going to win this series.  

  • Author

How can Nick Nurse **** about the fouls after the first few games and get nothing.  Yet Embiid says one thing and gets fined?   

 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How can Nick Nurse **** about the fouls after the first few games and get nothing.  Yet Embiid says one thing and gets fined?   

That's usually a seniority type deal, Nurse has proven himself and won a championship. Embiid has barely made it out of the 1st round how many times now?  Once, twice

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's up to the coach to adjust after a few games when things aren't working and we have a long long history of Doc never doing that. 

If Embiid doesn't get 15 to 20 FT attempts tonight then they didn't work on anything the last few days to put him in a position to be successful. 

As I said, I’m new to watching basketball and don’t know a ton about the game yet, but I’m trying to learn…. How much of the offensive style is on the coach and how much comes down to the players on the court?  I mean, if the guys on the court are just standing around watching Harden dribble, or if they’re constantly pulling up just inside the 3 pt line and taking of-range jumpers instead of driving to the hoop, how much of that is on them vs the coach?

The substitutions and lineups that are completely ineffective I get being 100% on him, and I get it is on him to get them to play a certain style of ball to an extent, but isn’t there also a point where the players need to execute the game plan and be aggressive?  Where is that dividing line, and how do you determine which side they’re falling on as a fan?

 

and I realize I’m asking this question in a situation where I have not heard a single person supporting the coach or saying it isn’t his fault, so the general consensus on this team seems pretty clear. 

12 minutes ago, Imp81318 said:

As I said, I’m new to watching basketball and don’t know a ton about the game yet, but I’m trying to learn…. How much of the offensive style is on the coach and how much comes down to the players on the court?  I mean, if the guys on the court are just standing around watching Harden dribble, or if they’re constantly pulling up just inside the 3 pt line and taking of-range jumpers instead of driving to the hoop, how much of that is on them vs the coach?

The substitutions and lineups that are completely ineffective I get being 100% on him, and I get it is on him to get them to play a certain style of ball to an extent, but isn’t there also a point where the players need to execute the game plan and be aggressive?  Where is that dividing line, and how do you determine which side they’re falling on as a fan?

 

and I realize I’m asking this question in a situation where I have not heard a single person supporting the coach or saying it isn’t his fault, so the general consensus on this team seems pretty clear. 

The first couple of times it's on the player(s). When it happens repeatedly for an entire game and the coach doesn't force adjustments, it's on the coach.

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Elon Musk @elonmusk If the Philadelphia 76ers blow a 3-0 playoff series lead for the first time in NBA history I will buy the team and fire Doc Rivers. 1:38 PM. 4/27/22 Twitter for iPhone 24.1K Retweets 5,071 Quote Tweets 193K Likes'

  • Author
1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's usually a seniority type deal, Nurse has proven himself and won a championship. Embiid has barely made it out of the 1st round how many times now?  Once, twice

Ehh.  That’s BS.  

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ehh.  That’s BS.  

Well they always talk about that kind of sheet. So that's what I went with lol. Maybe Harden can't get fouls called because of his hammy

  • Author
7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well they always talk about that kind of sheet. So that's what I went with lol. Maybe Harden can't get fouls called because of his hammy

Or maybe it’s his poor body language and that he cries for fouls so much.  

harden can barely get off the damn ground. :lol:  that's why he's not drawing fouls. 

  • Author

It’s not that hard.  

CC63B972-076D-4919-BA2B-B7838D75C657.jpeg

 

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

Forgot one.... 

 

 

Thankfully we have the draft to distract us from the pending disaster tonight 

7 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Thankfully we have the draft to distract us from the pending disaster tonight 

Idk have some weird feeling somehow they pull this off. But that might be the lack of sleep or just indigestion 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk have some weird feeling somehow they pull this off. But that might be the lack of sleep or just indigestion 

I would be shocked if they won tonight on the road.  This is a mentally weak team that is already doubting themselves.  Raptors by 20+

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

I would be shocked if they won tonight on the road.  This is a mentally weak team that is already doubting themselves.  Raptors by 20+

I thought the same thing last year game 6 in atlanta. And was stunned when they won. Only to watch them choke it in game 7. 

That Harden dunk would of been better if it wasn't for that damn hammy... 

  • Author

Yeah.  Hammy looking motivated tonight.  Weird.  

Did James harden find the fountain of youth in the last 2 days? 

  • Author
Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Did James harden find the fountain of youth in the last 2 days? 

Ever been to a strip joint in Toronto?   Yeah, me neither.  

5 hours ago, Imp81318 said:

As I said, I’m new to watching basketball and don’t know a ton about the game yet, but I’m trying to learn…. How much of the offensive style is on the coach and how much comes down to the players on the court?  I mean, if the guys on the court are just standing around watching Harden dribble, or if they’re constantly pulling up just inside the 3 pt line and taking of-range jumpers instead of driving to the hoop, how much of that is on them vs the coach?

The substitutions and lineups that are completely ineffective I get being 100% on him, and I get it is on him to get them to play a certain style of ball to an extent, but isn’t there also a point where the players need to execute the game plan and be aggressive?  Where is that dividing line, and how do you determine which side they’re falling on as a fan?

 

and I realize I’m asking this question in a situation where I have not heard a single person supporting the coach or saying it isn’t his fault, so the general consensus on this team seems pretty clear. 

How hard guys will play for the coach also matters. Look at Willie Green with the Pelicans, they were 3 - 16 to start the season but the guys never quit and even if they lose tonight the foundation is built for the future.

Are so many great coaches in the NBA that could do better for the Sixers than Doc. Embiid really has gotten screwed with bad coaches and players. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ever been to a strip joint in Toronto?   Yeah, me neither.  

You don’t like the Canadian strippers eh? 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.