Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Ohio guys got a new coach so not Thad anymore if that makes you feel better lol

 

Michael Singer: MarJon Beauchamp mentioned Herbert Jones as a guy he’d like to emulate. Also said he watched a lot of Mikal Bridges as well. "I definitely see myself as an elite defender.” My two cents: He’s speaking the #Nuggets language

Lol. Doesn’t make me feel better tbh. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think Terry and Williams are going to be gone. I’ve heard so much stuff about Terry being loved by many teams and GMs. I’d be surprised if he makes it past 21. Williams i think goes top 20. But had some friends at section 7 this weekend at Glendale say they’ve heard he’s all over the place. As high as 14 and as low as 26. His brother Caleb Williams was playing in the section 7 tournament so there was a lot of discussion about his development being ahead of where his brother was in HS and went into jalen’s draft status. 

i like tyty but i think he’s going to need more time and if you are looking for immediate role player and help he’s likely not it. 

i kind of worry about Ohio state guys when they get to the league. I just feel like most since Michael redd don’t pan out like you imagine. 

Hate to say it because with Niang and Harris, stretch 4 isnt the big need, but Im really in to Jovic and LaRavia.

If not, then McGowens. I really want to begin accumulating wing talent. We are devoid of basically any, and it seems like all the good teams have it in spades.  McGowens is the first step forward in that department. McGowens, to me looks like a floor of a Rod Hood bench scorer, spot starter at the 2/3 position. And maybe can develop to a Haliburton type player. 

But I really love those other 2 euro style stretch 4s with the handling and passing skills. Jovic just turned 19 so he has tons of room to grow. LaRavia is pretty young, and is competitive. He may never be a defensive stopper, but I think he will work on defense and compete decently well, and I think both of them have a chance to get to a point where their offense makes up for some defensive deficiency. 

Those are my main 3. 

Heres a big one. I havent watched any Hardy but sounds like star potential according to some realgm guys. 6ers reportedly worked him out.

 

Semi-interesting. They have not worked out Tari Eason. Maybe he/they know he is going earlier. Or maybe they just dont like him. Seems very low IQ player. Im really not a fan.

 

28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hate to say it because with Niang and Harris, stretch 4 isnt the big need, but Im really in to Jovic and LaRavia.

If not, then McGowens. I really want to begin accumulating wing talent. We are devoid of basically any, and it seems like all the good teams have it in spades.  McGowens is the first step forward in that department. McGowens, to me looks like a floor of a Rod Hood bench scorer, spot starter at the 2/3 position. And maybe can develop to a Haliburton type player. 

But I really love those other 2 euro style stretch 4s with the handling and passing skills. Jovic just turned 19 so he has tons of room to grow. LaRavia is pretty young, and is competitive. He may never be a defensive stopper, but I think he will work on defense and compete decently well, and I think both of them have a chance to get to a point where their offense makes up for some defensive deficiency. 

Those are my main 3. 

I think stretch four becomes bigger cause i don’t see Harris here long term. I’m fine with those guys as well particularly jovic. he would be a nice kid to groom and i think becomes a solid nba starter  

 have a feeling the sixers are dealing that pick to get a proven commodity. Frankly even if they get a proven commodity it might be smarter to have the rookie that can be a contributor as he’ll be cheaper longer. I’ve seen Dort put out there. But not sure why OKC would want thybulle in that deal as he’s going to need a new contract next year and where they are at in their build makes little sense for them in terms of value to take on thybulle unless they are planning on dealing him elsewhere at the deadline. Frankly think it would be a 3 way deal. Maybe Chicago gets involved where thybulle goes there, sixers get dort and Okc gets picks 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think stretch four becomes bigger cause i don’t see Harris here long term. I’m fine with those guys as well particularly jovic. he would be a nice kid to groom and i think becomes a solid nba starter  

 have a feeling the sixers are dealing that pick to get a proven commodity. Frankly even if they get a proven commodity it might be smarter to have the rookie that can be a contributor as he’ll be cheaper longer. I’ve seen Dort put out there. But not sure why OKC would want thybulle in that deal as he’s going to need a new contract next year and where they are at in their build makes little sense for them in terms of value to take on thybulle unless they are planning on dealing him elsewhere at the deadline. Frankly think it would be a 3 way deal. Maybe Chicago gets involved where thybulle goes there, sixers get dort and Okc gets picks 

latest thing I read was that execs are expecting the 6ers to keep the pick, and choose someone who they feel can provide rotation minutes right away. Still not gonna get my hopes up too much, but, gives reason to get in to these prospects.

I think those guys who can shoot really well, and handle the ball are immediate contributors off the bench. Even if you have to play them at the 3 for the time being. (LaRavia moreso than Jovic in the short term because Jovic is so skinny at 6'11'' and like 230). However Jovic does seem to have the higher offensive upside as a guy who can actually create his own shot. Hes already taking step back 3s. LaRavia seems to be more of a spot up guy who can create for others, but not so much himself.

 

Pacers are discussing Brogdon trades. Id trade Harris for Brogdon, and use 23 draft one of these stretch 4s. Brogdon and McConnell works salary-wise.

Randle is supposedly likely to be traded as well. You can do Harris for Randle and Fournier. It clears a bunch of money for NY much quicker. Harris has 3 years left, and those NY players have 5, and 4 years respectively.

Now if you can draft McGowens at 23, you suddently have a couple wings who can score, and added toughness/rebounding/defense at PF over Harris. 

One year ago today..... 

 

 

PJ Tucker is opting out of his 7.4M player option and will be a free agent. I still dont want him. But feel like there will be interest there from the 6ers/Embiid.

Jovic seems like a good target. 
 

 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think stretch four becomes bigger cause i don’t see Harris here long term. I’m fine with those guys as well particularly jovic. he would be a nice kid to groom and i think becomes a solid nba starter  

 have a feeling the sixers are dealing that pick to get a proven commodity. Frankly even if they get a proven commodity it might be smarter to have the rookie that can be a contributor as he’ll be cheaper longer. I’ve seen Dort put out there. But not sure why OKC would want thybulle in that deal as he’s going to need a new contract next year and where they are at in their build makes little sense for them in terms of value to take on thybulle unless they are planning on dealing him elsewhere at the deadline. Frankly think it would be a 3 way deal. Maybe Chicago gets involved where thybulle goes there, sixers get dort and Okc gets picks 

I like Dort but then playing three guards and think it can be done with Dort size. Big fan but think have to pay him as well

It should be win now type players and those only or trade the pick for a win now player. Embiid is in prime of career and Harden is at tail end. They need dudes that can add value this year. 

Branham, Agbaji, Jalen Williams, Liddell, Terry, Braun would be on my list 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I like Dort but then playing three guards and think it can be done with Dort size. Big fan but think have to pay him as well

It should be win now type players and those only or trade the pick for a win now player. Embiid is in prime of career and Harden is at tail end. They need dudes that can add value this year. 

Branham, Agbaji, Jalen Williams, Liddell, Terry, Braun would be on my list 

I’m more willing to pay dort than thybulle. Dort’s offense to me is worth paying him. Frankly I’d try to get him into a 6th man role cause i think he’d would thrive in that role. Sixers badly need a wing that is a 3 and D. And if they trade tobias then they need a 4 who attacks the glass and you ideally like a midrange game that can grow into some 3s 

listened to hofman on the radio today. He made a point that the sixers will not be afraid to take a long term upside guy and hope yo develop him to potentially deal down the road rather than someone who’ll just contribute now but has a very low ceiling but high floor. Point being springer last year where their analytics were higher down the road that could be used in a rotation or traded due to being super young with what they considered high upside. 

I am with you. I’d take guys like Braun, Terry and Williams. My two guys are Terry and Williams. If they fall to 23 we should be running up to that podium thrilled. 

 

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

latest thing I read was that execs are expecting the 6ers to keep the pick, and choose someone who they feel can provide rotation minutes right away. Still not gonna get my hopes up too much, but, gives reason to get in to these prospects.

I think those guys who can shoot really well, and handle the ball are immediate contributors off the bench. Even if you have to play them at the 3 for the time being. (LaRavia moreso than Jovic in the short term because Jovic is so skinny at 6'11'' and like 230). However Jovic does seem to have the higher offensive upside as a guy who can actually create his own shot. Hes already taking step back 3s. LaRavia seems to be more of a spot up guy who can create for others, but not so much himself.

 

Pacers are discussing Brogdon trades. Id trade Harris for Brogdon, and use 23 draft one of these stretch 4s. Brogdon and McConnell works salary-wise.

Is Doc being fired in this scenario? I just don’t trust him to give consistent minutes to a rookie, even if the player is productive.

I like Jake Laravia for the Sixers

37 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Is Doc being fired in this scenario? I just don’t trust him to give consistent minutes to a rookie, even if the player is productive.

I guess with Green hurt abs possibly traded or released, and possibly trading thybulle and Kork, he may not have a choice but to play a young wing. 

38 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Is Doc being fired in this scenario? I just don’t trust him to give consistent minutes to a rookie, even if the player is productive.

It depends if Millsap is on the team

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

His arms look like they go down to his ankles lol

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

 

22 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

His arms look like they go down to his ankles lol

holy crap, this kid is long. If that shooting is for real and he's youngish I would package whatever it took to move up from 23 to secure him.

This is also why I am not a GM. 

1 minute ago, JBENT87 said:

 

holy crap, this kid is long. If that shooting is for real and he's youngish I would package whatever it took to move up from 23 to secure him.

This is also why I am not a GM. 

7 foot wing span 

He is over 6-7 right?

Reportedly, blazers, Hawks, and Heat are teams to watch for Jerami Grant.

16 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

He is over 6-7 right?

He’s 6’7 1/4 with shoes. Might grow an inch or two cause he’s still 19. He has really good vision as a passer. It’s why when Kerr went down they made him the main ball handler and point guard. His shot needs some work but he really improved from his freshman year to sophomore year to the end of his sophomore year. He hit a bunch of clutch 3s for Arizona down the stretch. He has an IT factory about him and this past year he was a guy who’d get in your face and let you know about it. Off the court he’s a hard worker. Nice kid got to talk with him a couple times. Loves to just play and work on his craft. I’ve had some Arizona coaches tell me they wouldn’t be at all surprised if he went on to have an Iggy type of career and be better than Mathurin (Arizona’s lottery pick in this draft) in the nba. 

before the combine Arizona coaches thought he was coming back to be the guy on Arizona and boost himself into a lottery player in the 2023 draft. Whoever takes him this year is likely getting a kid who likely would’ve seen his stock rise next year and project as a lottery pick. 

Danilo Gallinari is more likely to get waived and hit free agency in order to reduce the Hawks’ payroll by $16 million than to get extended. – via Yossi Gozlan @ HoopsHype

The comments are great 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.