**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Bet him and LeBron gonna try to buy Vegas or Seattle 

Actually i think cause fanatics is getting into gambling and some other avenues he actually has to sell it. That’s what’s been leaked 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Keep reading that Thunder may absorb Tobias contract for a vet presence 

Curious to see what they get back in that type of deal and Harris at least based of their Pompey story gets his wish about a bigger role in the offense. Sadly not winning crap in Okc 

13 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Hardy makes sense if the wings are depleted

They desperately need bench scoring, looks like he could provide that. 

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

well, 23 won't be playable right away...if ever. and thybulle is unplayable in the playoffs because he's a huge negative on offense. i'm not thrilled with tucker either but he does sort of fill a need of being a tougher wing, decent defender & rebounder,  & can knock down the occasional three...old as sheet though. 

i'm glad to hear them mentioned as being in the mix for guys like tucker, gordon, & beal because this team needs some major roster changes if they're ever going to seriously compete while embiid is still in his prime. 

I didn't realize he was as old as he is. I thought we'd get him on the MLE. I hate the idea of a year year deal.

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

well, 23 won't be playable right away...if ever.

i'd be ok with braun at 23. 

20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Curious to see what they get back in that type of deal and Harris at least based of their Pompey story gets his wish about a bigger role in the offense. Sadly not winning crap in Okc 

Probably get the most frustrating player in all of basketball, Darius Beazley. 

I really like that backcourt of SGA and Giddy. They never let them play because they are always tanking. 

I'm curious what team this year really tries to tank for Victor next year. Reports of Thunder wanting Chet because he is more of a project than the other two and still have a chance next year. To me, Wizards are in prime position to trade Beal and tank for Victor and Scoot Henderson is another great player in 2023

If OKC absorbs the Harris contract, would that be a move for us to afford someone like Beal?

https://www.libertyballers.com/2022/6/13/23166059/denver-and-oklahoma-city-trade-potential-tobias-harris-destination-off-the-table-philadelphia-76ers

With Oklahoma City’s cap space significantly reduced by JaMychal Green’s arrival, we can probably put any Harris trade speculation on pause, at least until the new league begins on July 1 and some cap space opens up for a handful of other teams

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

I didn't realize he was as old as he is. I thought we'd get him on the MLE. I hate the idea of a year year deal.

I hate it too but it fits with the two year window for harden

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

https://www.libertyballers.com/2022/6/13/23166059/denver-and-oklahoma-city-trade-potential-tobias-harris-destination-off-the-table-philadelphia-76ers

With Oklahoma City’s cap space significantly reduced by JaMychal Green’s arrival, we can probably put any Harris trade speculation on pause, at least until the new league begins on July 1 and some cap space opens up for a handful of other teams

Would take him as a small ball 5 and energy guy off the bench 

What would you give up to get KD? 

35 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What would you give up to get KD? 

If he wasn’t so injury prone, I would sell my soul and trade Maxey and we win a ring. But it’s Philly, so if that trade were to happen, Durant would be out for the season by the trade deadline and Maxey would turn into Jordan and lead the Nets to the Finals. 

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

If he wasn’t so injury prone, I would sell my soul and trade Maxey and we win a ring. But it’s Philly, so if that trade were to happen, Durant would be out for the season by the trade deadline and Maxey would turn into Jordan and lead the Nets to the Finals. 

I think KD has 2-3 good years left. It’ll never happen cause harden is here after the way he left. Although would make for great reality tv show. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think KD has 2-3 good years left. It’ll never happen cause harden is here after the way he left. Although would make for great reality tv show. 

KD is one major injury away from being done, or attempting to come back and being washed.  With our luck, that will certainly happen.  Also, there are a few guys I would trade Maxey for but they are not available.  I can't trade Maxey before seeing his 3rd year.  This year will give a good indication on how high his ceiling will be.

Just now, Khani1 said:

KD is one major injury away from being done, or attempting to come back and being washed.  With our luck, that will certainly happen.  Also, there are a few guys I would trade Maxey for but they are not available.  I can't trade Maxey before seeing his 3rd year.  This year will give a good indication on how high his ceiling will be.

Idk there’s a risk reward factor. KD and embiid is arguably the only team in the nba that would have two top 5 players. If KD plays like he did against the bucks in the 2021 playoffs in the post season for us it’s game over for the league with embiid. It’s tough cause if KD holds up for 2-3 years with embiid it would be ridiculous 

• Like 1

kd is one of the all time greats & would give the sixers a realistic shot.  refusing to trade for kd if it involves maxey is preposterous, imo. one of the most  homerific takes i've read on here. 

• Like 2

The Harris/OKC thing had me curious.

On one hand,  the 3 year Tucker deal, and 3 year Harden deal indicates that they are all in on winning now, and over the next 3 years.

However, a Harris trade as a cap dump is a move you'd expect from a rebuilding team. Unless, it's a pre-curser to a much larger acquisition (LaVine, Beal, someone of that ilk.)

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

kd is one of the all time greats & would give the sixers a realistic shot.  refusing to trade for kd if it involves maxey is preposterous, imo. one of the most  homerific takes i've read on here. 

If you could guarantee me even year 1 of KD and Joel both being healthy for most of the year, and all of the playoffs, I make the deal.  I might get killed for this but Harden, Embiid, Durant without a good supporting cast, still might not win you a championship.  You would end up with a bench of Korkmaz, Milton, Green, Joe, etc, etc

19 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

If you could guarantee me even year 1 of KD and Joel both being healthy for most of the year, and all of the playoffs, I make the deal.  I might get killed for this but Harden, Embiid, Durant without a good supporting cast, still might not win you a championship.  You would end up with a bench of Korkmaz, Milton, Green, Joe, etc, etc

well, there's no chance in hell of kd being traded here...so i guess we'll never know.