**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Amazing how Morey just keeps looking to bring in those old rockets players.... Harden, Gordon, Tucker....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

maybe on a championship caliber team. Here, he wont make a bit of difference. We dont have enough other players to carry his load of 0 productivity just so he can annoy other players. 

If he opted out of 7.5 million, hes planning on getting paid more. Now youre talking spending our entire, or almost entire MLE on him, and thats our main possible way to add talent to this team. I think thatd be as disappointing as the time we spent our money on Mike Scott. With similar results.

Agreed.  Tucker wouldn’t help this team at all.  No thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Agreed.  Tucker wouldn’t help this team at all.  No thanks 

He is still a really good defender who can guard all the bigger wings in the East and shot 41% from 3s on 2.7 attempts 

RAPTOR 538 has his WAR as 57th best in the league this year. 

Screenshot_20220621-201206.png

• Like 1

I dont really know what any of those statistics are. They may be too convoluted to give a real picture. Hs 38 years old and chubby, with unimpressive steal and block numbers. I dont see how he can be a great defender. 

On the other hand, there are numerous players on that list above him who are available this summer. So if we are using that stat, get some of those other guys instead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont really know what any of those statistics are. They may be too convoluted to give a real picture. Hs 38 years old and chubby, with unimpressive steal and block numbers. I dont see how he can be a great defender. 

On the other hand, there are numerous players on that list above him who are available this summer. So if we are using that stat, get some of those other guys instead. 

I don't know how steals and blocks are an indicator of a good defender. This year when guarding Tatum, regular and post season, on 127 possessions Tatum scored 15 points 

The best perimeter defender of his generation, Tony Allen, averaged 1.6 steals and 0.6 blocks during his prime and they aren't anything special. 

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He is still a really good defender who can guard all the bigger wings in the East and shot 41% from 3s on 2.7 attempts 

RAPTOR 538 has his WAR as 57th best in the league this year. 

Screenshot_20220621-201206.png

I like tucker just not on a 3 year $30 mil dollars deal. That third year he becomes an expiring contract. My biggest concern is he’s 37 and at some point he’s falling off 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Wow 

I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the Celtics or Miami tbh. Tatum and him are great friends from St. Louis. They have talked about it before. Miami i think wants to get him and it’s Miami. 

dark horse to me is Portland cause i do think they have the 7th pick (i assume it would have to get done prior to the draft) and some young players they’d be willing to deal in a sign and trade

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The comments are great 

Every video or article of Ben that allows for public comments are a must read.  Never disappoints.  He is truly the joke of the league.  Does any big name athlete on an American sports team catch more heat than Ben? 

39 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the Celtics or Miami tbh. Tatum and him are great friends from St. Louis. They have talked about it before. Miami i think wants to get him and it’s Miami. 

dark horse to me is Portland cause i do think they have the 7th pick (i assume it would have to get done prior to the draft) and some young players they’d be willing to deal in a sign and trade

So let's hope Memphis can get in this Brown sweepstake then or can Celtics keep him

21 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

So let's hope Memphis can get in this Brown sweepstake then or can Celtics keep him

Celtics could keep brown. they’d have to unload like smart, white and theis and likely picks in order to pull it off. 

It's reported now that if you're a GM that hasn't received a call from the 6ers about Thybulle and the 23rd pick, your phone must be off. 6ers doing everything they can to trade them. 

Seems they want to create the space to receive the full MLE to offer that ridiculous contract to Tucker.

Thybulle isn't going to develop and needs to go.  But trading 2 young prospects to sign a 38yo declining role player is bad business. 

Thybulle and the pick should only be traded for someone up and coming,  or an established role player way younger than 38.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Celtics could keep brown. they’d have to unload like smart, white and theis and likely picks in order to pull it off. 

So still no lead guard that can run an offense. Did they not watch their own Finals? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

It's reported now that if you're a GM that hasn't received a call from the 6ers about Thybulle and the 23rd pick, your phone must be off. 6ers doing everything they can to trade them. 

Seems they want to create the space to receive the full MLE to offer that ridiculous contract to Tucker.

Thybulle isn't going to develop and needs to go.  But trading 2 young prospects to sign a 38yo declining role player is bad business. 

Thybulle and the pick should only be traded for someone up and coming,  or an established role player way younger than 38.

If Tucker is the best they can do for 23 and Thybulle, I’d rather just do nothing.

• Like 2

pj tucker is beyond washed...but it sounds like something the sixers would do. 

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

If Tucker is the best they can do for 23 and Thybulle, I’d rather just do nothing.

Agree

use the pick or use it to go after beal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

well, 23 won't be playable right away...if ever. and thybulle is unplayable in the playoffs because he's a huge negative on offense. i'm not thrilled with tucker either but he does sort of fill a need of being a tougher wing, decent defender & rebounder,  & can knock down the occasional three...old as sheet though. 

i'm glad to hear them mentioned as being in the mix for guys like tucker, gordon, & beal because this team needs some major roster changes if they're ever going to seriously compete while embiid is still in his prime. 

With the obvious caveat of these are rumors and we should wait to see what actually happens, giving that contract to any 37 year old role player is not a good idea, especially if you are dumping what few trade assets you have to clear cap space to do it. 

Maybe I'm just scarred by too many years of bad leadership with this franchise, but this does feel like a very Sixers thing to do.  Go get players that would have been good fits back when they were still viable players but instead overpaying for them when they are on the downside of their careers, ala Chris Webber.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

So still no lead guard that can run an offense. Did they not watch their own Finals? 

I actually thought last year they should’ve tried to be in the Lonzo ball sweepstakes. But at this point the odds that were put out say if beal leaves Washington they are the favorite. I’m guessing they rather take the chance with beal then whatever points are available this offseason 

Rubin selling his ownership stake in the sixers  

27 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Rubin selling his ownership stake in the sixers  

Bet him and LeBron gonna try to buy Vegas or Seattle