**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

Woj: James Harden likely to opt out and sign an extension as short as two years.

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

well, there's no chance in hell of kd being traded here...so i guess we'll never know. 

Would be hilarious just to see him and harden interact. At that point the nba should get a hard knocks like reality show just to see it all unfold. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would be hilarious just to see him and harden interact. At that point the nba should get a hard knocks like reality show just to see it all unfold. 

I am not interested in reality tv.  I want a championship.  Bravo is for reality tv.

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I am not interested in reality tv.  I want a championship.  Bravo is for reality tv.

I’m talking purely the nba if it went down. It would make for great tv to have doc, harden/kd feud, embiid and morey. It basically would make a ton of money for nba. For sixers it’s less beneficial  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Woj: James Harden likely to opt out and sign an extension as short as two years.

Opting out would be phenomenal. So we don't have to pay him 47 million this year. Give him a smaller 2-3 year deal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

KD is one major injury away from being done, or attempting to come back and being washed.  With our luck, that will certainly happen.  Also, there are a few guys I would trade Maxey for but they are not available.  I can't trade Maxey before seeing his 3rd year.  This year will give a good indication on how high his ceiling will be.

You absolutely take that chance on a guy that is a Top 12 15 player of all time. Not to mention, he just loves to play the game and has shown he can mold into different systems ala Warriors. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You absolutely take that chance on a guy that is a Top 12 15 player of all time. Not to mention, he just loves to play the game and has shown he can mold into different systems ala Warriors. 

If we couldn’t win a title with Kd, embiid and harden in the next 2-3 years then I’m pretty sure we aren’t seeing one in our lifetime lol 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If we couldn’t win a title with Kd, embiid and harden in the next 2-3 years then I’m pretty sure we aren’t seeing one in our lifetime lol 

Hope Memphis takes a swing as much as hate giving up Bane. Warriors Grizzlies already got crap brewing and add KD to the mix would be great 

20 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Hope Memphis takes a swing as much as hate giving up Bane. Warriors Grizzlies already got crap brewing and add KD to the mix would be great 

I’d be surprised if KD didn’t consider Memphis tbh. Makes sense as they are on the cusp and have young players he can lean on as he got older. I think the obvious landing spot is Miami. 

3 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

If that happens, its extremely unexciting, but Ill take it as a sign that there are bigger moves to come. So hopefully in that aspect, it will be exciting. Im sure Ill end up disappointed and Tucker is our big acquisition of the summer.... but hoping for more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

tucker gonna take all the minutes from bang bang georges niang :meh:   

say it isn't so !!!!!

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Did he we hear anything about Kate Suck yet?  I was hoping she wasn't going to make the cut.

Interesting guys here

20 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Ive wondered if Tucker is going to start at the 3 since Green is out most of the season, and possibly off the team before that, and Thybulle appears as good as gone as well.

28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If that happens, its extremely unexciting, but Ill take it as a sign that there are bigger moves to come. So hopefully in that aspect, it will be exciting. Im sure Ill end up disappointed and Tucker is our big acquisition of the summer.... but hoping for more.

That would be my hope also and like you, I’ll prepare to be disappointed when nothing else happens.

4 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

That would be my hope also and like you, I’ll prepare to be disappointed when nothing else happens.

Yeah. Just, as I was saying earlier with Harden on a 3 year deal, and Tucker on a 3 year deal, Harris expires in another 3 years.... it seems like they have set aside this 3 years to do whatever they can to win, now. And then we appear headed for a re-build.

If they are in win now mode in the next 3 years, you cant actually waste a summer with your big move being, spending the entire MLE on PJ Tucker. Theres got to be more. And to me, looking to unload Harris' salary to OKC is an indicator that something more could be coming. Otherwise, you keep a player of his caliber on the roster. You dont salary dump when you are trying to win. You salary dump when you are trying to lose, or you salary dump when you are creating space for something big. We know we arent trying to lose right now, so it seems to mean one thing...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah. Just, as I was saying earlier with Harden on a 3 year deal, and Tucker on a 3 year deal, Harris expires in another 3 years.... it seems like they have set aside this 3 years to do whatever they can to win, now. And then we appear headed for a re-build.

If they are in win now mode in the next 3 years, you cant actually waste a summer with your big move being, spending the entire MLE on PJ Tucker. Theres got to be more. And to me, looking to unload Harris' salary to OKC is an indicator that something more could be coming. Otherwise, you keep a player of his caliber on the roster. You dont salary dump when you are trying to win. You salary dump when you are trying to lose, or you salary dump when you are creating space for something big. We know we arent trying to lose right now, so it seems to mean one thing...

Harris deal expires in 2 years. At the end of 2023-24 season he’s a FA. 

• Like 1

with the above said, if they are trading Thybulle and pick 23 to salary dump, in order to get the full, larger MLE to afford Tucker, then they should be looking for draft picks in the 2025, 2026 range when these 3 year deals expire. We should want to be loaded with cap, and drat picks at that point. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Harris deal expires in 2 years. At the end of 2023-24 season he’s a FA. 

Thats good. Hopefully they arent dumb and they wait the extra year for the other 2 guys to expire too then.

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

thats good. but I suspect woj is more accurate.

Also, they should trade Thybulle and Green.  Not necessarily for a washed up 37 year old. But they should trade those guys.

34 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Did he we hear anything about Kate Suck yet?  I was hoping she wasn't going to make the cut.

I already hear her screaming PEEEEEEEJaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY Tuh-keeeeeer in my head.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thats good. Hopefully they arent dumb and they wait the extra year for the other 2 guys to expire too then.

I’m guessing they use Harris (if they don’t trade him this offseason) as an expiring contract next offseason. 

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

thats good. but I suspect woj is more accurate.

Also, they should trade Thybulle and Green.  Not necessarily for a washed up 37 year old. But they should trade those guys.

Agreed.  This reads to me as the Sixers going to their media guys to get a trade posturing message out.  I saw someone from Liberty Ballers repeating the same stance from the Sixers, so that seems even more likely to be the case.