**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think stretch four becomes bigger cause i don’t see Harris here long term. I’m fine with those guys as well particularly jovic. he would be a nice kid to groom and i think becomes a solid nba starter  

have a feeling the sixers are dealing that pick to get a proven commodity. Frankly even if they get a proven commodity it might be smarter to have the rookie that can be a contributor as he’ll be cheaper longer. I’ve seen Dort put out there. But not sure why OKC would want thybulle in that deal as he’s going to need a new contract next year and where they are at in their build makes little sense for them in terms of value to take on thybulle unless they are planning on dealing him elsewhere at the deadline. Frankly think it would be a 3 way deal. Maybe Chicago gets involved where thybulle goes there, sixers get dort and Okc gets picks 

I like Dort but then playing three guards and think it can be done with Dort size. Big fan but think have to pay him as well

It should be win now type players and those only or trade the pick for a win now player. Embiid is in prime of career and Harden is at tail end. They need dudes that can add value this year. 

Branham, Agbaji, Jalen Williams, Liddell, Terry, Braun would be on my list 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I like Dort but then playing three guards and think it can be done with Dort size. Big fan but think have to pay him as well

It should be win now type players and those only or trade the pick for a win now player. Embiid is in prime of career and Harden is at tail end. They need dudes that can add value this year. 

Branham, Agbaji, Jalen Williams, Liddell, Terry, Braun would be on my list 

I’m more willing to pay dort than thybulle. Dort’s offense to me is worth paying him. Frankly I’d try to get him into a 6th man role cause i think he’d would thrive in that role. Sixers badly need a wing that is a 3 and D. And if they trade tobias then they need a 4 who attacks the glass and you ideally like a midrange game that can grow into some 3s 

listened to hofman on the radio today. He made a point that the sixers will not be afraid to take a long term upside guy and hope yo develop him to potentially deal down the road rather than someone who’ll just contribute now but has a very low ceiling but high floor. Point being springer last year where their analytics were higher down the road that could be used in a rotation or traded due to being super young with what they considered high upside. 

I am with you. I’d take guys like Braun, Terry and Williams. My two guys are Terry and Williams. If they fall to 23 we should be running up to that podium thrilled. 

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

latest thing I read was that execs are expecting the 6ers to keep the pick, and choose someone who they feel can provide rotation minutes right away. Still not gonna get my hopes up too much, but, gives reason to get in to these prospects.

I think those guys who can shoot really well, and handle the ball are immediate contributors off the bench. Even if you have to play them at the 3 for the time being. (LaRavia moreso than Jovic in the short term because Jovic is so skinny at 6'11'' and like 230). However Jovic does seem to have the higher offensive upside as a guy who can actually create his own shot. Hes already taking step back 3s. LaRavia seems to be more of a spot up guy who can create for others, but not so much himself.

Pacers are discussing Brogdon trades. Id trade Harris for Brogdon, and use 23 draft one of these stretch 4s. Brogdon and McConnell works salary-wise.

Is Doc being fired in this scenario? I just don’t trust him to give consistent minutes to a rookie, even if the player is productive.

• Like 2

I like Jake Laravia for the Sixers

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Is Doc being fired in this scenario? I just don’t trust him to give consistent minutes to a rookie, even if the player is productive.

I guess with Green hurt abs possibly traded or released, and possibly trading thybulle and Kork, he may not have a choice but to play a young wing. 

38 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

It depends if Millsap is on the team

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

His arms look like they go down to his ankles lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

22 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

His arms look like they go down to his ankles lol

holy crap, this kid is long. If that shooting is for real and he's youngish I would package whatever it took to move up from 23 to secure him.

This is also why I am not a GM. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBENT87 said:

holy crap, this kid is long. If that shooting is for real and he's youngish I would package whatever it took to move up from 23 to secure him.

This is also why I am not a GM. 

7 foot wing span 

• Like 1

Reportedly, blazers, Hawks, and Heat are teams to watch for Jerami Grant.

16 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

He is over 6-7 right?

He’s 6’7 1/4 with shoes. Might grow an inch or two cause he’s still 19. He has really good vision as a passer. It’s why when Kerr went down they made him the main ball handler and point guard. His shot needs some work but he really improved from his freshman year to sophomore year to the end of his sophomore year. He hit a bunch of clutch 3s for Arizona down the stretch. He has an IT factory about him and this past year he was a guy who’d get in your face and let you know about it. Off the court he’s a hard worker. Nice kid got to talk with him a couple times. Loves to just play and work on his craft. I’ve had some Arizona coaches tell me they wouldn’t be at all surprised if he went on to have an Iggy type of career and be better than Mathurin (Arizona’s lottery pick in this draft) in the nba. 

before the combine Arizona coaches thought he was coming back to be the guy on Arizona and boost himself into a lottery player in the 2023 draft. Whoever takes him this year is likely getting a kid who likely would’ve seen his stock rise next year and project as a lottery pick. 

• Like 1

Danilo Gallinari is more likely to get waived and hit free agency in order to reduce the Hawks’ payroll by $16 million than to get extended. – via Yossi Gozlan @ HoopsHype

• Like 1

The design company that designed the AI Era uniforms 👀

Crazy how few prospects we have worked out so far. I wonder if reporters just arent getting the info and the 6ers FO is being great about keeping things quiet, or if the inverse is true- we are being super obvious with who we want to draft.

When you work out Jaden Hardy, and the next best guy is Marjon Beauchamp and a couple other guys, it feels very obvious who the pick would be. 

But maybe theyve just been very secretive about workouts with guys like Jovic, Liddell, etc... 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Crazy how few prospects we have worked out so far. I wonder if reporters just arent getting the info and the 6ers FO is being great about keeping things quiet, or if the inverse is true- we are being super obvious with who we want to draft.

When you work out Jaden Hardy, and the next best guy is Marjon Beauchamp and a couple other guys, it feels very obvious who the pick would be. 

But maybe theyve just been very secretive about workouts with guys like Jovic, Liddell, etc... 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they took hardy. I think he’s a couple years away from being a big contributor. But prior to going to the g league he was top 5 player in his high school class. I could see them thinking because he played with more mature players in the g league that he was at a disadvantage and would've went higher if he went to college and had more success. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they took hardy. I think he’s a couple years away from being a big contributor. But prior to going to the g league he was top 5 player in his high school class. I could see them thinking because he played with more mature players in the g league that he was at a disadvantage and would've went higher if he went to college and had more success. 

he looks like he can score a bit, and operate in the pick and roll. 

He doesnt have blow by quickness, but he seems to create enough room with methodical maneuvers like Fultz did. He shot 88% from the FT line so you expect he will become a reliable 3 point shooter at some point. I think he is not known as a great finisher at the basket, but he can get up for some nice dunks. It would seem he can improve as a finisher as well.

At some point fairly soon he looks to have potential as a 3 level scorer. Wouldnt hate it. But he does appear to need a little time to be a consistent contributor. I think he is capable of bench minutes right away, but I think youd get an occasional flash of potential, and otherwise would look kinda like a shake milton out there just waiting for him to gain consistency. 

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I didnt want PJ Tucker when he was washed like 3 years ago or whenever the last time he was available was.

I still dont want PJ Tucker. But you knew after Embiid's comments naming him specifically, we are going to be in on PJ Tucker.

Just when you think we may be done with Danny Green and his frequent 0 point scoring games, here comes another.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I didnt want PJ Tucker when he was washed like 3 years ago or whenever the last time he was available was.

I still dont want PJ Tucker. But you knew after Embiid's comments naming him specifically, we are going to be in on PJ Tucker.

Just when you think we may be done with Danny Green and his frequent 0 point scoring games, here comes another.

Dude is a winning basketball player, he just is

20 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Dude is a winning basketball player, he just is

maybe on a championship caliber team. Here, he wont make a bit of difference. We dont have enough other players to carry his load of 0 productivity just so he can annoy other players. 

If he opted out of 7.5 million, hes planning on getting paid more. Now youre talking spending our entire, or almost entire MLE on him, and thats our main possible way to add talent to this team. I think thatd be as disappointing as the time we spent our money on Mike Scott. With similar results.

• Like 1