**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wanted Gordon like 5 years ago. He’s always been a good player. 

4 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

He’s still a solid 6th man off the bench. Shot 41% from 3 last year and averaged just under 14 ppg on a bad rockets team. I have less of an issue with Gordon on a 2 year contract making what he does than i do with pj tucker tbh. Gordon gives the sixers what they’ve lacked off their bench for years which is a guy who can score. The issue really is the sixers have a hole currently at starting SF. PJ tucker at 37 isn’t the answer and if they think he’s the answer they are going to be in trouble. He’s fine if he’s coming off the bench. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Interesting that Portland is willing to make a straight up deal for Thybulle. They have a bunch of players I like, who are also younger. Of course, Morey will pass on all better deals to get his old rockets guys. 

You are always pretending like you are on the phone when the trades are being proposed. Calm down for a bit. You did it before when the Haliburton deal was not available for Ben. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

he will be a good 6th man. D and shooting off the bench. 

Tucker replacing Green, remains to be seen how that goes..., Gordon as a 6th man is a giant improvement over guys like Shake, and Kork in that role.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He’s still a solid 6th man off the bench. Shot 41% from 3 last year and averaged just under 14 ppg on a bad rockets team. I have less of an issue with Gordon on a 2 year contract making what he does than i do with pj tucker tbh. Gordon gives the sixers what they’ve lacked off their bench for years which is a guy who can score. The issue really is the sixers have a hole currently at starting SF. PJ tucker at 37 isn’t the answer and if they think he’s the answer they are going to be in trouble. He’s fine if he’s coming off the bench. 

I like gordon too...he'd be really solid off the bench & has a nice all around game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

he will be a good 6th man. D and shooting off the bench. 

Tucker replacing Green, remains to be seen how that goes..., Gordon as a 6th man is a giant improvement over guys like Shake, and Kork in that role.

They would have to likely trade Harris to acquire two starters which is asking a lot. They’d downgrade at the 4 but upgrade/get a starter at SF. I don’t mind tucker as a bench guy. And ditto with Gordon. But there has to be another shoe to drop even with those guys cause we have 4 out of 5 starters. Tucker isn’t holding up all year and in the playoffs as a starter 

Just now, Blazehound said:

If those moves pan out, we’ll have one of the oldest rosters in the league. 

yay Morey!

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They would have to likely trade Harris to acquire two starters which is asking a lot. They’d downgrade at the 4 but upgrade/get a starter at SF. I don’t mind tucker as a bench guy. And ditto with Gordon. But there has to be another shoe to drop even with those guys cause we have 4 out of 5 starters. Tucker isn’t holding up all year and in the playoffs 

I dont know how Gordan has held up recently but he was injury prone for a chunk of his career too. Always gotta have a bunch of injury concerns on the roster.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know how Gordan has held up recently but he was injury prone for a chunk of his career too. Always gotta have a bunch of injury concerns on the roster.

Played 57 last year. And year before 27. However tough time gage if the rockets purposefully didn’t play him at times cause they were trying to tank to be as bad as possible. 

Played 57 last year. And year before 27. However tough time gage if the rockets purposefully didn’t play him at times cause they were trying to tank to be as bad as possible. 

Gordon is a very boom or bust move...

And 2 old rockets players, who are actually pretty old, and very old is very underwhelming. 

Im not sure the improvement with Gordon added to our bench counterbalances the massive downgrade if you have to trade Harris to also afford the PJ Tucker move. Im really pretty sure it doesnt. These moves would be ok rolls of the dice as part of something much larger. As of right now, this is the kind of disaster youd expect from Colangelo.

The sixers problems are far less morey and more the stupidity of their past in letting butler walk, giving horford $25 mil per year and now have nothing to show on the roster for that dumb decision and trading then signing Harris to the extension he got. Those 3 mistakes absolutely hurt the sixers. Can throw in the dumb mikal bridges trade on top of all of it. I’d add there was no reason to trade up from 3 to 1 to get fultz. It was known the lakers were going to take Lonzo the local kid. You were going to get Tatum or fultz. Both fit a need. Add on Boston was intent on taking Tatum from the start so they would’ve gotten fultz anyway. Those moves have hamstrung the sixers ability to make better moves. That’s like 5 massive mistakes. You can make one or two of them, but when you get to 5 you usually pay the price for it. 

• Like 1

The sixers problems are far less morey and more the stupidity of their past in letting butler walk, giving horford $25 mil per year and now have nothing to show on the roster for that dumb decision and trading then signing Harris to the extension he got. Those 3 mistakes absolutely hurt the sixers. Can throw in the dumb mikal bridges trade on top of all of it. I’d add there was no reason tk trade up from 3 to 1 to get fultz. It was known the lakers were going to take Lonzo the local kid. You were going to get Tatum or fultz. Both fit a need. Add on Boston was intent on taking Tatum from the start so they would’ve gotten fultz anyway. 

That stuff is all in the past.

Right now, you have a complete buffoon at GM who has shown he can do, or is willing to do absolutely nothing but chase ancient players who he had on his former rockets team. He has passed on numerous opportunities to get better players. But he holds our for those players, and overpays to get them. 

He is a huge problem right now. And there were other problems, but those are over and right now he is THE problem. 

Gordon makes around $20 mill per...so I'm not sure how that would work. Green's $10 mill only gets them halfway there. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

That stuff is all in the past.

Right now, you have a complete buffoon at GM who has shown he can do, or is willing to do absolutely nothing but chase ancient players who he had on his former rockets team. He has passed on numerous opportunities to get better players. But he holds our for those players, and overpays to get them. 

He is a huge problem right now. And there were other problems, but those are over and right now he is THE problem. 

Your problem is your past decisions are playing a role in what you can do now and what assets you have now to make the moves and have the flexibility to do better things. That’s a HUGE issue. Lol 

Your problem is your past decisions are playing a roll in what you can do now and what assets you have now. That’s a HUGE issue. Lol 

they still could have done way different stuff. they werent forced in to Harden, and the plan of Tucker and Gordon. Other options existed. Other options exist this summer. Morey consistently chooses the worst options just to get his guys.

This is a disaster.  Don’t like any of these rumors.  Hope they are all smokescreens 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

they still could have done way different stuff. they werent forced in to Harden, and the plan of Tucker and Gordon. Other options existed. Other options exist this summer. Morey consistently chooses the worst options just to get his guys.

The harden deal was a bad decision. That I’ll hold on him. I’d have taken haliburton and hield and been thrilled. 

However even if he did haliburton and hield, you are stlll massively restricted due to assets and cap space that were pissed away on horford and Harris. Imagine what they could’ve done with the $63 mil (per year) they spent on horford and Harris. Those two contracts absolutely killed the sixers. Add on you’d have a starting SF if not for star hunting with bridges. Add on the Fing idiot ownership who hired doc before morey came on and won’t fire doc due to owing him money and having to pay the next coach too  

The problem is the sixers let brand, brown and colangelo destroy the team and obliterate the assets they had. then hired morey who when he got here had all of Ben Simmons and embiid left as assets. He definitely should’ve took the haliburton deal and it was a mistake. However the sixers were already Fed when he got here due to dumb decisions and throwing away assets in the past and the harden one is likely the final nail in the coffin. 

just to point out the sixers could potentially have had harden, maxey, butler, bridges, embiid, shamet and whatever they spent on horford used for bench players on this roster today if the sixers weren’t stupid before morey got here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The harden deal was a bad decision. That I’ll hold on him. I’d have taken haliburton and hield and been thrilled. 

However even if he did haliburton and hield, you are stlll massively restricted due to assets and cap space that were pissed away on horford and Harris. Imagine what they could’ve done with the $63 mil they spent on horford and Harris. Those two contracts absolutely killed the sixers. Add on you’d have a starting SF if not for star hunting with bridges. Add on the Fing idiot ownership who hired doc before morey came on and won’t fire doc due to owing him money and having to pay the next coach too  

The problem is the sixers let brand, brown and colangelo destroy the team and obliterate the assets they had. then hired morey who when he got here had all of Ben Simmons left as an asset. He definitely should’ve took the haliburton deal and it was a mistake. However the sixers were already Fed when he got here due to dumb decisions and throwing away assets in the past and the harden one is likely the final nail in the coffin. 

I realize that. I think everyone realizes that. But with various options still available for improving the team this year, it doesnt make sense to continue bringing those things up. If they make trades to clear space to have the full MLE only to waste the entire thing on PJ Tucker, its a bad decision which was not caused by any of that other stuff.

If they trade Thybulle for old injury prone Gordon when they could have had a good young player from Portland, its likely to be a bad decision. Those old moves arent dictating which wrong players Morey has to choose this year.

We are shopping on certain lower tiers because of those old moves. But he can still do a much better job choosing which players he is bringing in on those tiers. 

I still expect Morey to bring in Danuel House on a vet min, which might be the best move out of any that have been speculated on so far.

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

However even if he did haliburton and hield, you are stlll massively restricted due to assets and cap space that were pissed away on horford and Harris. Imagine what they could’ve done with the $63 mil (per year) they spent on horford and Harris. Those two contracts absolutely killed the sixers. Add on you’d have a starting SF if not for star hunting with bridges. Add on the Fing idiot ownership who hired doc before morey came on and won’t fire doc due to owing him money and having to pay the next coach too  

The problem is the sixers let brand, brown and colangelo destroy the team and obliterate the assets they had. then hired morey who when he got here had all of Ben Simmons and embiid left as assets. He definitely should’ve took the haliburton deal and it was a mistake. However the sixers were already Fed when he got here due to dumb decisions and throwing away assets in the past and the harden one is likely the final nail in the coffin. 

just to point out the sixers could potentially have had harden, maxey, butler, bridges, embiid, shamet and whatever they spent on horford used for bench players on this roster today if the sixers weren’t stupid before morey got here. 

Of course the Harden deal was a bad one.  I said at the time it was dumb because Harden would only be here a short time and we needed to get multiple younger guys to put around Embiid.  The Harden blow up boys got all defensive, saying we didn’t trade for Harden without having a long term deal in mind.  Now the proposition of signing Harden to 2-3 additional years seems to be an even worse idea.  Dare I say Harden seems to have Hamstrung us.  Boom! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I realize that. I think everyone realizes that. But with various options still available for improving the team this year, it doesnt make sense to continue bringing those things up. If they make trades to clear space to have the full MLE only to waste the entire thing on PJ Tucker, its a bad decision which was not caused by any of that other stuff.

If they trade Thybulle for old injury prone Gordon when they could have had a good young player from Portland, its likely to be a bad decision. Those old moves arent dictating which wrong players Morey has to choose this year.

We are shopping on certain lower tiers because of those old moves. But he can still do a much better job choosing which players he is bringing in on those tiers. 

What good young players do you believe portland is giving up? They aren’t giving you Simons for him. There’s been no indication they’d give you josh hart. Frankly i don’t think they want to trade hart as they are trying to win now with lillard. So what player are you referring to? They aren’t giving up Johnson either. Little? I like him (sorry looked at the stats wrong. Was better this year getting more playing time on a team that was awful  I’m guessing portland wouldn’t include him in a deal) 

If they trade for Gordon they can’t clear enough to give a full MLE. I believe bodner talked about it in his article today if someone has it posted it cause someone subtweeted it earlier today on Twitter.

again morey has his issues and did damage with the harden deal. He helped in the sixers mess. However the harden deal doesn’t look nearly as bad and they aren’t shopping in those tiers either if the sixers didn’t sign horford and didn’t trade for Harris and extend him. If they kept butler and didn’t trade bridges then you’d have a roster of harden, maxey, bridges, butler, embiid, shamet and at least two role players for the money they spent on Harris and they’d have assets to make better trades. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What good young players do you believe portland is giving up? They aren’t giving you Simons for him. There’s been no indication they’d give you josh hart. Frankly i don’t think they want to trade hart as they are trying to win now with pollard. So what player are you referring to? They aren’t giving up Johnson either. Little? I like him but his 3 point shooting got worse this year given more mins. Shot 23.7% from 3 and his lowest FG percentage in 3 years at 43%. 

If they trade for Gordon they can’t clear enough to give a full MLE. I believe bodner talked about it in his article today if someone has it posted it cause someone subtweeted it earlier today on Twitter.

again morey has his issues and did damage with the harden deal. He helped in the sixers mess. However the harden deal doesn’t look nearly as bad and they aren’t shopping in those tiers either if the sixers didn’t sign horford and didn’t trade for Harris and extend him. If they kept butler and didn’t trade bridges then you’d have a roster of harden, maxey, bridges, butler, embiid, shamet and at least two role players for the money they spent on Harris and they’d have assets to make better trades. 

Naz Reid would be good. 

The rest of the stuff is ancient history. Morey had an opportunity to improve this team's standing and all he does is squander more assets on old rockets guys. Horrible all on his own regardless of the past GMs moves.

48 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Naz Reid would be good. 

Naz reid is on Minnesota.

You mean little? Who says portland is giving him up straight up for thybulle. Portland said they’d take thybulle doesn’t mean they’d give you little, Johnson, hart or Simons for him nor straight up player for player.

again ignoring past moves as they didn’t somewhat hamstring current GM. Having to trade horford for green and giving up a future 1st didn’t help. That was cap space gone and a future pick to use in a trade that could’ve helped us just to get rid of a contract. And they had to do it regardless of GM cause at that time the league knew horford wasn’t a fit here and a bad contract for us. So that was whoever the hell the sixers had become GM was forced to do it. That hinders your ability on the trade market. That’s a move the current GM had to make due to last which still is hurting us as that’s an asset used on basically nothing and loss of cap that should’ve been used better. Harris being on this team at that number and basically no one in the league wants to take on unless you take bad contracts back is hamstringing what players you can go after and moves you can make. 

again if morey makes that harden deal ( still a mistake) and they had butler, bridges, maxey, embiid, shamet and spent $25 mil per year for horford better spent then that harden trade while still a mistake still makes the sixers a legitimate contender. They’d also have a future first rounder (not given to Okc) to use to make a trade to pull in better a player