**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Of course the Harden deal was a bad one.  I said at the time it was dumb because Harden would only be here a short time and we needed to get multiple younger guys to put around Embiid.  The Harden blow up boys got all defensive, saying we didn’t trade for Harden without having a long term deal in mind.  Now the proposition of signing Harden to 2-3 additional years seems to be an even worse idea.  Dare I say Harden seems to have Hamstrung us.  Boom! 

At this point the sixers should let harden play on his option or give him the option and a 1 year extension. Reason on the option pus a year is that is entering 23-24 offseason they’d have harden and Harris as expiring contracts to use in making a deal or they could just let both walk at the end of year and have a ton of cap space. Problem with just letting both walk is you swing and miss and likely wasting 2 of the best years of embiid’s prime. 

Gotta believe with haliburton, Mathurin and Duarte that the pacers might look to deal hield and brogdon 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Gotta believe with haliburton, Mathurin and Duarte that the pacers might look to deal hield and brogdon 

Buddy has to be available 

I actually loved what he did with the Pacers last year and he showed a lot with his handles off the bounce 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Buddy has to be available 

I actually loved what he did with the Pacers last year and he showed a lot with his handles off the bounce 

Would love to be able to acquire him on the sixers. Would be a smaller SF but they need his shooting. I’d offer thybulle, green (whatever to make it work money wise) and 23 but I’m guessing they get a better offer 

44 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

again you ignore past moves as they didn’t somewhat hamstring current GM. 

No. Im not doing that again, nor have I ever. You are projecting that on me. 

What I am saying is, with the cards he has been dealt, he can be doing much better. 

Im just worried about what he is doing now. I know those guys Fd up his deck of cards. But we can only judge him on the opportunities he has had. Not the opportunities we wish he had. So far, the opportunities he has, with the cards he has been dealt, are still being squandered. Hes been just as bad as the F up GMs who came before him.

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

No. Im not doing that again, nor have I ever. You are projecting that on me. 

What I am saying is, with the cards he has been dealt, he can be doing much better. 

Im just worried about what he is doing now. I know those guys Fd up his deck of cards. But we can only judge him on the opportunities he has had. Not the opportunities we wish he had. So far, the opportunities he has, with the cards he has been dealt, are still being squandered. Hes been just as bad as the F up GMs who came before him.

His opportunities like not being forced to give up one of his future first rounders due to having to deal horford due to past mistake. That hurt some of his ability. That’s a pick that could’ve been used to make a better trade to acquire a player you would’ve liked. Any GM who took over had to do that.

ive Never said he couldn’t have done better. Definitely could’ve. However the deck of cards he was dealt and any GM who took over was not ideal.

The harden trade was bad. Should’ve taken haliburton and hield. That’s his biggest blunder unless harden somehow turns it around  

He also got seth curry for Richardson. That seemed like a pretty good trade for us. 

Danny green due to poor decisions prior was the 5th best player on this team at his age and they desperately needed him to have success which is due to poor management from before.

I’d add we were pretty happy with Drummond before dealing him.

The harden trade is where he Fed up so far. And maybe springer who they took a chance on at 28 which according to bodner and Hoffman on their last podcast said they were desperately trying to deal before the draft and no one wanted the pick via trade. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

His opportunities like not being forced to give up one of his future first rounders due to having to deal horford due to past mistake. That hurt some of his ability. That’s a pick that could’ve been used to make a better trade. Any GM who took over had to do that.

ive Never said he couldn’t have done better. Definitely could’ve. However the deck of cards he was dealt and any GM who took over was not ideal.

The harden trade was bad. Should’ve taken haliburton and hield. That’s his biggest blunder unless harden somehow turns it around  

He also got seth curry for Richardson. That seemed like a pretty good trade for us. 

Danny green due to poor decisions prior was the 5th best player on this team at his age and they desperately needed him to have success which is due to poor management from before.

I’d add we were pretty happy with Drummond before dealing him.

The harden trade is where he Fed up so far. And maybe springer who they took a chance on at 28 which according to bodner and Hoffman on their last podcast said they were desperately trying to deal before the draft and no one wanted the pick via trade. 

not really interested in excuses for Morey. Its time to grade him. We already know the other guys sucked. Im not grading him on not having the assets the other guys had. Im grading him on what he has done. Bad.

looking at ESPNs BPA as if it were a prediction of who will be available for us, we can be looking at Kessler, Terry, Hardy, Jovic, and LaRavia still on the board. They dont have McGowens anywhere in thenext 25, but Id add him to that list too. It looks good.

Can Terry be another D Murray as he develops some scoring?

big jump up for Jalen Williams. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

not really interested in excuses for Morey. Its time to grade him. We already know the other guys sucked. Im not grading him on not having the assets the other guys had. Im grading him on what he has done. Bad.

he had a loss of some assets due to prior to mistakes. He had to give up a future first just to get horford gone which also limited his cap flexibility. Like one of those players you covet that you want to trade for, they could’ve gone after and maybe gotten if he wasn’t forced to make that deal. Which any GM who’s taken over would’ve had to do. That’s not an excuse that’s a reality the sixers had to accept and live with. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

he had a loss of some assets due to prior to mistakes. He had to give up a future first just to get horford gone which also limited his cap flexibility. Like one of those players you covet that you want to trade for, they could’ve gone after and maybe gotten if he wasn’t forced to make that deal. Which any GM who’s taken over would’ve had to do. That’s not an excuse that’s a reality the sixers had to accept and live with. 

and we are living with it. And also moving on and grading him on what he is doing. Which is crap.

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

OKC just traded "multiple 1s round picks" for this Deing guy. 

They also took Holmgren #2. This is going to go down as a historically bad draft for them.

A thybulle and 23 trade to move up would be ok now. Griffin a big time shooter at SF, or Branham would be great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Griffin would be a steal 

His D was bad bad last year and hope he comes back from injuries 

I supposed Morey will be more interested in acquiring old, oft injured Gordon, instead of a nice young player like Branham. 

14 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

They also took Holmgren #2. This is going to go down as a historically bad draft for them.

What? You take fliers on guys with high upside and if they stink this year you get a shot at Victor. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

What? You take fliers on guys with high upside and if they stink this year you get a shot at Victor. 

Yeah, just take a flyer with the #2 pick. Makes sense. 

seinfeld-eye-roll.gif

Even if Branham doesnt make it all the way to us, Dalen Terry, Jovic, LaRavia, and McGowens all still there you cant really ask to be sitting prettier.

Their guy Hardy is still there too. Of course he would be my last choice on that list.

Very glad Tari is gone. 

2 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Yeah, just take a flyer with the #2 pick. Makes sense. 

seinfeld-eye-roll.gif

Didn't you say you wouldn't take Mark Williams in the 1st. Yes, let's listen to you. 

Meant more Dieng but Chet is an elite versatile big who can lob run with Giddy/SGA and shoot 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Even if Branham doesnt make it all the way to us, Dalen Terry, Jovic, LaRavia, and McGowens all still there you cant really ask to be sitting prettier.

Their guy Hardy is still there too. Of course he would be my last choice on that list.

Very glad Tari is gone. 

Terry to Bulls

Bulls taking Terry. Which is ok with me. Wouldnt have minded the upside pick but with PJ 0 points Tucker on the court, not a lot of room for another non-scorer on the floor. 

Amazed and ecstatic- Branham

Excitement- Jovic, McGowens, LaRavia

Moderate enthusiasm- Tyty, EJ Liddell

Cautious optimism- Hardy

Those are my tiers of preferences now.

• Like 2