**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Maxey is sort of the ideal asset.  He’s not so good that a championship hunting star won’t want to be here anymore.

What team in the title picture has trade-able player better than Maxey?

I mentioned this earlier today, maxey because he still two years left on his rookie contract and as young as he is (21) with the potential all star talent is a better player in my opinion than ayton  who you’re gonna have to pay Max too or bridges he’s already making 22 mill and already and he’s 25 years old. So he’s likely only has a little more room to get even better. There really isn’t a better player (age, contract and upside) that’s realistic for the Nets to get than maxey. the problem is the Sixers have nothing else to put with maxey that makes the nets want to take that deal. If thybulle would have panned out to what the Sixers thought then you could have done that.  Unfortunately he didn’t. Ayton, bridges and cam and picks is better than just maxey or what the sixers could offer. 

10 hours ago, eagle45 said:

The Sixers have zero chance of winning a title.  That became apparent when Leonard’s shot fell a few years back.  Embiid is never healthy enough to carry them in the playoffs, the supporting cast lacks the star power to pick up that slack, and the remaining assets were inadequate to change those fatal flaws.  Marginally improving the bench doesn’t win them a title. 

Pairing Embiid with Durant…with Harden in the back court as the third option?  That gives you a shot.  May not work, but you’ve got a shot.

You already know they aren’t good enough as is. If any collection of non-Embiid players on this team can get it done (not sure it can), you ship all of them to Brooklyn.  

According to the rules in here, you’re not a Sixers fan.  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mentioned this earlier today, maxey because he still two years left on his rookie contract and as young as he is (21) with the potential all star talent is a better player in my opinion than ayton  who you’re gonna have to pay Max too or bridges he’s already making 22 mill and already and he’s 25 years old. So he’s likely only has a little more room to get even better. There really isn’t a better player (age, contract and upside) that’s realistic for the Nets to get than maxey. the problem is the Sixers have nothing else to put with maxey that makes the nets want to take that deal. If thybulle would have panned out to what the Sixers thought then you could have done that.  Unfortunately he didn’t. Ayton, bridges and cam and picks is better than just maxey or what the sixers could offer. 

Generally, in order to win in the NBA, you need the star getting traded to force his way onto your team, which then puts together a package that isn't as good as what someone else can offer.  But they force it, and you get away with it.  They'd need Durant to force it to play with Embiid.  I have no idea if he'd be interested in doing that.

11 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Generally, in order to win in the NBA, you need the star getting traded to force his way onto your team, which then puts together a package that isn't as good as what someone else can offer.  But they force it, and you get away with it.  They'd need Durant to force it to play with Embiid.  I have no idea if he'd be interested in doing that.

Well pj is friends with his mom......... 😂😂

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

According to the rules in here, you’re not a Sixers fan.  

giphy.gif

:roll: :roll:   

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Classmates

• Haha 2

wow. Pelicans are near agreement on 5 year max extension for Zion.

here are the guys who cant be traded to the Nets because Ben Simmons is there.

• Haha 3

huge f'n commitment to a guy who can't get on the court. good luck with that, pels. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

huge f'n commitment to a guy who can't get on the court. good luck with that, pels. 

yep. that is insane. Thatll be a historically bad contract in the NBA. 

Here are some House highlights.

Hartenstein is in this video a few times, and is a free agent. Been wondering if they go there after Drummond signed elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Here are some House highlights.

Hartenstein is in this video a few times, and is a free agent. Been wondering if they go there after Drummond signed elsewhere.

He went to the Knicks 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He went to the Knicks 

oh ok.

well then I guess we roll with Bassey and Reed. Docs guy and Morey's guy at center are both gone then. 

Did McLemore sign anywhere yet?

Cody and Caleb Martin are RFA wings who would be worth offering Thybulle for in a sign and trade.

Shariffe Cooper and Skylar Mays are nice young players who would probably be better than Shake. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

agree its better. My only complaint is the price for Tucker, and House.

Looking forward to more moves though. A thybulle trade, and a decent vet min guy could have them looking real good. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You do realize when i mentioned that it was in jest right? 

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

To me that’s the issue. I think KD would be fine going to suns, heat and potentially the sixers. I don’t think he’d fuss or be upset if he were traded to any of those teams.

There’s issues going on with each one of those teams though. Based off the reports, they’d want Bam in a trade with Miami. That can’t happen due to having Simmons on the roster. So they’d either have to deal Simmons or take a lesser package. I don’t think Herro, whatever other player and picks is going to get that done cause i think suns would beat that offer. 

the issue with the suns offer is the Nets have no interest in ayton. It could be posturing but what i was told was they aren’t thrilled paying close to a max to a center who’s not viewed in the same way as embiid, jokic and AD (when healthy/prior to the past couple years). However they might be the best offer they get from anyone or the Suns would have to deal ayton in a sign and trade to get pieces back that the nets like more. But another issue arises as ayton if he gets frustrated or irritated with the situation could sign an offer sheet. Whoever offers it can structure it to really hurt the suns future ability to have flexibility and maneuver as well as luxury tax for a player they don’t think is a max/close to max if matched. I was told they’d match anyway and trade him down the road. But if he does that ayton and they match, i believe they can’t trade him for a couple months which decreases the suns offer to bridges, cam and picks. And cam needs a new contract. Ayton, bridges and cam with picks is likely the best offer the nets receive from anyone but ayton or another team could really hurt the suns if they offer an offer sheet and he signs it 

the sixers like i mentioned previously have maxey but not much after that. If you want KD here, you pull for Ayton to grow more frustrated or be offered a max offer sheet and sign it. 

Ultimately, I think he goes to the Suns and is just postering right now. Nets may get some extra swaps and Ayton deal in a few years won't look as bad with increase in cap. 

Also, not a bad defensive front line with Ayton, Simmons, and Bridges. We all wanted Simmons to go to an irrelevant franchise and may get our wish. 

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You do realize when i mentioned that it was in jest right? 

So did i

16 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Ultimately, I think he goes to the Suns and is just postering right now. Nets may get some extra swaps and Ayton deal in a few years won't look as bad with increase in cap. 

Also, not a bad defensive front line with Ayton, Simmons, and Bridges. We all wanted Simmons to go to an irrelevant franchise and may get our wish. 

I tend to think it’s Phoenix just cause it’s still a better package than anyone else can offer. The nets are in a bad spot cause houston owns their draft picks and swaps so they can’t afford to just be bad and tank to get better picks and rebuild. Ayton, bridges, cam and picks beats any offer Miami and Philly can put together. 

Another interesting dynamic to this is that the nets have to either deal kyrie prior or in a multi-team trade cause they are hard capped. I think they aren’t going to get the value of kyrie as a player due to his persona and unreliability. I know lakers are interested. Saw Dallas which not sure how he fits with Luka then again he played with Lebron and they won a title. But he is also kyrie so in a year he might want to have his own team and not be with luka (based off my understanding kyrie can’t sign an immediate long term extension so any team dealing for him would have to hope he doesn’t change his mind down the road and signs a long term extension. Then again could benefit them as they don’t give up nearly as much nor get locked into kyrie). I think a darkhorse for kyrie is Miami. If they could unload Lowry and only give up Herro with a pick or picks then i think Riley would take that chance. 

We talking bout Summer 

• Like 1