Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I hate watching this game because Im still loving LaRavia, and Jovic looked so good too. Pick 23 was an absolute beautiful place to be in this draft. And Melton will be fine, but these guys are gonna be real good, for real long. 

Lets not over react to a summer league game

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Lets not over react to a summer league game

itll prove true in time. 

Gotta figure Riller is extremely rusty. And he has 10 points off the bench. Hasnt looked great, but still producing while trying to get legs under him.

I still feel like he can be a scorer off the bench. 

I hope he can really get cooking as SL goes on. 

47 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I see slow feet and little effort 

Yep slow, clumsy, and sloppy.

46 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

itll prove true in time. 

Sets up confirmation bias

but you live on itys

14 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Sets up confirmation bias

but you live on itys

Do you have an issue with all the itys about Mikal Bridges, or is it only me who you cant stand being right?

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Do you have an issue with all the itys about Mikal Bridges, or is it only me who you cant stand being right?

Its the pervasive nature of yours

i was in on bridges too. That one was invredibly obvious though.

relax and let the weight of evidence build

i like springer but i am not sure what he is…not a pg. can he shoot well enough to be a 2? Skeptical with the glacial pace of his release. Like that he goes to the rim but is he limited to that? We shall see

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

Its the pervasive nature of yours

i was in on bridges too. That one was invredibly obvious though.

relax and let the weight of evidence build

i like springer but i am not sure what he is…not a pg. can he shoot well enough to be a 2? Skeptical with the glacial pace of his release. Like that he goes to the rim but is he limited to that? We shall see

theres no difference....

Springer is still just 19 I think. Pick didnt make any sense at all considering timeline. But if he can do what he did tonight, and eventually bring along a bit of a jump shot... he actually looks promising. 

He still looks years away from being ready which is disappointing. But thats not really on him. Thats goofy Morey picking a project when they are trying to win now. Then, you know this year he trades the pick with a future star like Jovic available, to trade for a role player bench guy. We just dont ever seem to have a real plan. Or, its constantly changing.

Springer’s release is cringe worthy. Joe and Reed were the only guys I saw contributing to our roster this year based on what I saw tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Springer’s release is cringe worthy. Joe and Reed were the only guys I saw contributing to our roster this year based on what I saw tonight. 

yeah. reed looks horrible and Im not sure I will ever be able to tolerate watching him. But cant argue with results. He finds ways to be productive. 

Joe needs to shoot a better percentage. But hes not shy about shooting 15 3s in a game. And, that seems to be what Morey wants. I think Queen will be the same way. Hes probably going to be in the low 30s %wise. But hes gonna keep chucking and thats Moreyball.

Springer wont be ready for years, if ever. But if he continues to put film out there like tonight, maybe, just maybe he can become a semi-valuable trade throw in type guy.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. reed looks horrible and Im not sure I will ever be able to tolerate watching him. But cant argue with results. He finds ways to be productive. 

Joe needs to shoot a better percentage. But hes not shy about shooting 15 3s in a game. And, that seems to be what Morey wants. I think Queen will be the same way. Hes probably going to be in the low 30s %wise. But hes gonna keep chucking and thats Moreyball.

Springer wont be ready for years, if ever. But if he continues to put film out there like tonight, maybe, just maybe he can become a semi-valuable trade throw in type guy.

Reed can hit the outside shot, fights for boards, and plays tough D. I’m not planning the victory tour, but he’s good enough to play 15-18 minutes a game off the bench this season. 

  • Author

We talkin bout summer league.  
 

go get ‘em tomorrow boys 

 

 

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

What a bish

Am I the only one that cringes when watching Chet play. I swear it looks like any bump or fall is going to cause a fracture. Not just any type fracture but a fracture where the bone comes through the skin. I can't wait until the trainers get some weight on him. 

10 hours ago, West_Philly said:

Am I the only one that cringes when watching Chet play. I swear it looks like any bump or fall is going to cause a fracture. Not just any type fracture but a fracture where the bone comes through the skin. I can't wait until the trainers get some weight on him. 

Dude can play basketball and looked good even though was a bad Jazz team. He had a transition between the legs 3 for his size and age was smooth 

 

 

 

11 hours ago, Gannan said:

Reed can hit the outside shot, fights for boards, and plays tough D. I’m not planning the victory tour, but he’s good enough to play 15-18 minutes a game off the bench this season. 

reed is a high-energy, hustle guy. he should get some minutes. hard to say how many since he's prone to getting in foul trouble. 

bassey did not impress last night...looked slow & robotic out there. only 1 game though. maybe he doesn't have his conditioning yet. 

joe's shot was off. no big deal. it happens. 

springer has some hops & seems to be figuring some things out. not much of a shooter but could be a good all-around player & defender. reminds me of evan turner for some reason. 

the rest of the summer league team stinks. 

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What a bish

Guess I’m a lil bish too. I HATE the idea of having to trade Maxey. Kid’s potential is off the charts and with that work ethic I have little doubt that he’ll be a consistent all star for years. 
 

There’s very few players in the league I’d trade him for, KD just happens to be one of them. But I wouldn’t feel great about it. And if they didn’t win a title with KD, while Maxey goes in to be a star for the next decade it would hurt. 

Didn’t see anything remotely exciting from any of the summer league guys last night.  Sigh 

39 minutes ago, nipples said:

Guess I’m a lil bish too. I HATE the idea of having to trade Maxey. Kid’s potential is off the charts and with that work ethic I have little doubt that he’ll be a consistent all star for years. 
 

There’s very few players in the league I’d trade him for, KD just happens to be one of them. But I wouldn’t feel great about it. And if they didn’t win a title with KD, while Maxey goes in to be a star for the next decade it would hurt. 

It was just a joke man

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It was just a joke man

I realize that. Was just saying I’d legitimately be a little sad to see Maxey go, even if it means getting KD. 

 

18 minutes ago, nipples said:

I realize that. Was just saying I’d legitimately be a little sad to see Maxey go, even if it means getting KD. 

Got you, yeah I'm on the fence about that one. I don't think we have to worry about it though

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

 

Wonder what money he will get. 

Caleb Martin got 3 years 20 million to stay with the Heat.

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.