**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I can see the nets letting this drag out until they get something they see as respectable in their eyes. Which if it drags it only hurts he suns cause ayton isn’t waiting around for months to sign an offer sheet if he’s offered a possible max offer sheet from the pacers. If that happens suns can match but can’t trade him i believe until late December or January. Which maybe the nets wait that long but could see a team step up during and outbid the suns. Why for Phoenix they want to get it done sooner rather than later. 

It will get interesting after this weekend that's for sure. I can imagine some other team that we aren't hearing about that might have what the nets want. Does Durant have a no trade clause? 

I have a hard time believing the nets will want to trade Durant to the sixers and watch them get a championship that they were supposed to have with Durant and Harden. Thats why I think the sixers would have to offer a bit more than a team out West. That's just my theory though lol

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It will get interesting after this weekend that's for sure. I can imagine some other team that we aren't hearing about that might have what the nets want. Does Durant have a no trade clause? 

I have a hard time believing the nets will want to trade Durant to the sixers and watch them get a championship that they were supposed to have with Durant and Harden. Thats why I think the sixers would have to offer a bit more than a team out West. That's just my theory though lol

He doesn’t have a NTC. Which really helps the nets get the best package they can and just ship him there. Now he can pull a Simmons and sit out and not show up which i think eliminated a bunch of teams from trading for him  

the issue with the nets is when they made the harden trade a couple years ago they basically gave away all their picks and swaps for the next 5 years. So they really can’t afford to just do a rebuild. I think if it was just go be bad and tank this deal likely is done where they get some young players, fillers and a boatload of firsts. Problem is they need to at least stay competitive cause without their draft capital they can’t rely on a rebuild. Add on the picks they likely get from someone like sixers and Phoenix and Miami aren’t likely good until they get picks in 2027 and 2029. The next 3 years those picks are likely back end of the first round. 

the other issue going on with the nets is they are hard capped so kyrie has to be dealt either in this trade (3-4 way deal) or dealt prior to make to go through. Another issue is Ben Simmons being on a max kills any chance on a three way deal with utah and Phoenix of including mitchell (seems utah is rebuilding with ainge doing what he did in Boston). So they could unload Simmons.  that dbag deactivated his IG so who knows. 

i think they’d prefer to deal him out west to the suns or maybe the clippers depending on what the package is. I do think the longer this goes and if it bleeds into the season and maxey gets even better that the sixers offer looks even better.

I still think it’s Phoenix unless ayton spurns them by signing an offer sheet then it’s anyones guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

On paper, the Nets can and should trade KD wherever gets them the best return for the future.

In reality, this is the NBA and the star getting traded controls so much of this.

It’s the best offer from a contender that (in KD’s judgement) doesn’t weaken that contender too much.  

Maxey isn’t far from that sweet spot.  

KD doesn't guarantee a ring. Giving him up would be a mistake. That kid could very quickly turn into a major piece for years to come. Trade Harris and get some more pieces. Put them with Maxey,  Embiid, and the kid. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

KD doesn't guarantee a ring. Giving him up would be a mistake. That kid could very quickly turn into a major piece for years to come. Trade Harris and get some more pieces. Put them with Maxey,  Embiid, and the kid. 

Maxey could be a good player on a non contending team for years to come…which is where he and the 76ers are headed.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Maxey could be a good player on a non contending team for years to come…which is where he and the 76ers are headed.

That’s the point people miss. Once embiid declines and is not a top 5 player anymore then Maxey has to jump into that top 10 player if they’re gonna compete for championships. Think about how great embiid is for the sixers to have just a shot at a title and they still feel far off.

I love maxey but I’m not sure top 10 is realistic. I think he’s more realistically top 20 and just inside top 15. So you might have maxey during that time be a really good all-star type player but  not win anything kind of like Lillard. So do you want to go for now with Kevin Durant and embiid with no promises but a huge odds increase at a title or do you want to let it play itself out (likely not good enough as constructed) and down the road you can wind up being like the blazers who have a All-Star type player but seemingly never good enough to be a true championship contender. 

that said I don’t see Kevin Durant coming here anyways. So this is purely hypothetical

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s the point people miss. Once embiid declines and is not a top 5 player anymore then Maxey has to jump into that top 10 player if they’re gonna compete for championships. Think about how great embiid is for the sixers to have just a shot at a title and they still feel far off.

I love maxey but I’m not sure top 10 is realistic. I think he’s more realistically top 20 and just inside top 15. So you might have maxey during that time be a really good all-star type player but  not win anything kind of like Lillard. So do you want to go for now with Kevin Durant and embiid with no promises but a huge odds increase at a title or do you want to let it play itself out (likely not good enough as constructed) and down the road you can wind up being like the blazers who have a All-Star type player but seemingly never good enough to be a true championship contender. 

that said I don’t see Kevin Durant coming here anyways. So this is purely hypothetical

I'd hesitantly give up Maxey for Durant.  I'd have a major issue with trading more future picks in a package with him. 

Because once we suck we won't have picks till like 2030 to even try to begin to improve. I'm done giving up future picks.  We need to be smart about how we are going to rebuild after pushing all the chips in. 

Right now,  I'd be totally fine with trading Thybulle for just a future 1st round pick if anyone is willing to give it. 

Raptors probably have best collection of assets to trade in the East if they wanted too

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Raptors probably have best collection of assets to trade in the East if they wanted too

Feels like the only untouchable in a raptors trade is Barnes. OG, siakam and Trent with picks for Durant and Harris might be the best package the nets get from any team in the east. 

JD Shaw: The Thunder have waived forward Isaiah Roby. – via Twitter JShawNBA

Every contender should be calling him

39 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Jazz fans think Spider is going to the Nets, KD to Phx and Ayton to UT.

Unless Simmons is traded the nets can’t get mitchell due to the league’s rule that you can’t have two players on rookie max extensions. 

• Like 1

Hypothetically if you are the nets which do you prefer:

warriors give: Wiggins, kuminga, Poole and wiseman 

suns: ayton, bridges and cam. 

to me it depends on what Wiggins you’re going to get. Because Andrew Wiggins if he plays like he did this year and in the NBA finals at 27 years old he could be an all-star caliber wing for at least another 6-7 years just because he’s so young. The problem I have with that is you don’t know what he’s going to be outside of the Warriors.

But at the same time I think ayton is a good center and he’s likely borderline All-Star but I’m not sure I want to pay $30 million hoping he becomes an all-star. While I think Jordan Poole and Kuminga have more upside and higher ceiling compared bridges and cam  Johnson as they are younger with much higher ceilings. I like bridges but I think he’s capped at what he’s going to at 26. I think Kuminga could wind up in a couple years being better than Bridges. 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hypothetically if you are the nets which do you prefer:

warriors give: Wiggins, kuminga, Poole and wiseman 

suns: ayton, bridges and cam. 

to me it depends on what Wiggins you’re going to get. Because Andrew Wiggins if he plays like he did this year and in the NBA finals at 27 years old he could be an all-star caliber wing for at least another 6-7 years just because he’s so young. The problem I have with that is you don’t know what he’s going to be outside of the Warriors.

But at the same time I think ayton is a good center and he’s likely borderline All-Star but I’m not sure I want to pay $30 million hoping he becomes an all-star. While I think Jordan Poole and Kuminga have more upside and higher ceiling compared bridges and cam  Johnson as they are younger with much higher ceilings. I like bridges but I think he’s capped at what he’s going to at 26. I think Kuminga could wind up in a couple years being better than Bridges. 

Ayton is a poor mans Embiid.

6ers are already proving how hard it is to win in today's NBA when you build around a traditional center. And hes Embiid. While Ayton, while very good, is just Ayton. As the centerpiece of that package, its fools gold. We are probably never going to do it. And so, with Ayton, its even less likely.

Kuminga and Poole > Bridges and Cam. Even if you think its close, Wiggins puts it over the top. AND, youre still getting Wiseman too. And hes a real nice young center prospect who in that package is actually just like an afterthought. Warriors have the best package and it doesnt even look close.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ayton is a poor mans Embiid.

6ers are already proving how hard it is to win in today's NBA when you build around a traditional center. And hes Embiid. While Ayton, while very good, is just Ayton. As the centerpiece of that package, its fools gold. We are probably never going to do it. And so, with Ayton, its even less likely.

Kuminga and Poole > Bridges and Cam. Even if you think its close, Wiggins puts it over the top. AND, youre still getting Wiseman too. And hes a real nice young center prospect who in that package is actually just like an afterthought. Warriors have the best package and it doesnt even look close.

Yeah that’s my logic when looking at it. If Wiggins consistently plays like he did this season and in the finals he can be an all star caliber wing. We think he’s old but he’s only 27. I think Wiggins, kuminga and Poole is a better trio in todays nba and j kuminga and Poole can be even better as they are both younger than cam and bridges  

i don’t think the nets can do that trade anyway cause Simmons has max rookie extension and so does Wiggins. 

That’s why he opted in for 37 mil lol 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah that’s my logic when looking at it. If Wiggins consistently plays like he did this season and in the finals he can be an all star caliber wing. We think he’s old but he’s only 27. I think Wiggins, kuminga and Poole is a better trio in todays nba and j kuminga and Poole can be even better as they are both younger than cam and bridges  

i don’t think the nets can do that trade anyway cause Simmons has max rookie extension and so does Wiggins. 

I think Wiggins problem was being on the wolves. They said Jimmy Butler doesn't like soft players with no work ethic, he wants absolutely nothing to do with you..... Wiggins was the only guy he liked on the Wolves, and loved Wiggins toughness and work ethic. So it must of been KAT that jimmy had the issue with. 

34 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think Wiggins problem was being on the wolves. They said Jimmy Butler doesn't like soft players with no work ethic, he wants absolutely nothing to do with you..... Wiggins was the only guy he liked on the Wolves, and loved Wiggins toughness and work ethic. So it must of been KAT that jimmy had the issue with. 

I tend to agree. However i think on the nets he might just be put back into another twolves situation with how things are going there. If the nets were set up better organizationally  and not Nash as a coach i think he could be the caliber player he was in the finals. 

i love ayton but imo ayton isn’t embiid, Ad (maybe not now but when healthy) and jokic. He’s in the tier below those guys. Still has potential to get better but i don’t see him as one of those guys. The problem is Phoenix who took him no. 1 over guys like young and doncic don’t view him as a max level player. It speaks volumes that the organization that drafted him doesn’t feel that way when some other rookies have gotten maxes who I’d say aren’t as good nor have room to develop like he does if he gets a bigger role in an offense. Doesn’t help his case that he basically quit in game 7 cause he wasn’t happy with Williams and CP3. Should’ve just sucked it up and finished it out. Now people will question whether he’ll just quit when he’s unhappy or things aren’t going well. 

Reportedly a trade to the Warriors is unlikely.

Thompson adds that while Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green have been in conversation with Durant, the trio are not pressing the front office for a trade and are fine defending the title with their current roster.

The Nets are reportedly in "consistent contact" with the Heat and the Suns over a potential Durant trade.

51 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

So do we get any summer league on tv?

Starting tomorrow there are 3 consecutive days with games on TV.

Utah Summer League games:
7/5 vs. Memphis - ESPN
7/6 vs. Utah - ESPN 2
7/7 vs. OKC - NBA TV