Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Last time I stayed in CC was for a food show.  I wanna say I stayed at Hampton Inn at the convention center.  I walked to maggiano's for dinner.  Was perfectly safe.  But I wouldn't wanna mug me either...so there's that.  That was maybe 4 years ago.  

When Nutter was Mayor (a big proponent of stop and frisk) the city was the safest I can ever remember it being. I guess he left office about 6 years ago. It's a shame what's happened since. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

When talking about practicality, it's assumed it was being compared to the Wells Fargo.  Not camden.  So again, CC lacks practicality as it compares to the current arena.  That is undeniable.  

Not to some people.

22 minutes ago, Gannan said:

When Nutter was Mayor (a big proponent of stop and frisk) the city was the safest I can ever remember it being. I guess he left office about 6 years ago. It's a shame what's happened since. 

I know retired LEO who don't want to go to the city now even though they are armed. The far leftists DA destroyed it.

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Not to some people.

So now we know what corner your cardboard box is on.  Good to know, Mortimer.  

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I know retired LEO who don't want to go to the city now even though they are armed. The far leftists DA destroyed it.

An entire police force is small town Kenly NC just resigned.  In addition to two city clerks.  Citing an unhealthy atmosphere.  The town manager started there less than 2 months ago.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So now we know what corner your cardboard box is on.  Good to know, Mortimer.  

It's not undeniable to some of the people in this room you have been talking to. I'm against it.

  • Author
3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

It's not undeniable to some of the people in this room you have been talking to. I'm against it.

Ok and look what I said.  Other than people who live in or near CC.  

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It lacks practicality for pretty much anyone not living in or around CC.  That’s undeniable.  You can love the idea and still admit that much.  

Not only is it deniable its outright false

the trains  and highways are very easy there as is parking 

i am sure you will respond in a mature manner to this though

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

When talking about practicality, it's assumed it was being compared to the Wells Fargo.  Not camden.  So again, CC lacks practicality as it compares to the current arena.  That is undeniable.  

Yeah, but the current location isn't an option since the Sixers want to own their own stadium. Comcast won't sell them the WFC (since they own the Flyers and want them to play there), and the Sixers want their own stadium (no sharing) that they own. 

  • Author
5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Yeah, but the current location isn't an option since the Sixers want to own their own stadium. Comcast won't sell them the WFC (since they own the Flyers and want them to play there), and the Sixers want their own stadium (no sharing) that they own. 

Yep.  Understand the reasons.  Just think it’s hard to beat the "practicality” of the current spot.  Maybe Harris Blitzer should just buy the Flyers and Wells Fargo Center. Fing Comcast.  

  • Author

Maybe it’s a tactic to get Comcast to budge. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Understand the reasons.  Just think it’s hard to beat the "practicality” of the current spot.  Maybe Harris Blitzer should just buy the Flyers and Wells Fargo Center. Fing Comcast.  

They'd have to sell the Devils.

My guess is Comcast has been ripping the Sixers off on rent for years.

  • Author
1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

They'd have to sell the Devils.

My guess is Comcast has been ripping the Sixers off on rent for years.

Yep.  And ok.  

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

I know retired LEO who don't want to go to the city now even though they are armed. The far leftists DA destroyed it.

There’s even been talk of letting the kids go who beat that old man to death with the traffic cone. Hopefully the impeachment happens. 

3 minutes ago, Gannan said:

There’s even been talk of letting the kids go who beat that old man to death with the traffic cone. Hopefully the impeachment happens. 

The fact he cruised to reelection last year is unreal.

  • Author

Naval yard was discussed on WIP as a possible spot.  Just unofficial theorizing.  

6 hours ago, Blazehound said:

But this is exactly what Philadelphia needs, especially in that part of the city. And the kicker is it’s all privately funded. It’s a tremendous slam dunk win for the City IMO if this happens.

Cash flow wise, it makes perfect sense.  From a fan experience/logistics  perspective, it’s always a downgrade.

2 hours ago, vikas83 said:

They'd have to sell the Devils.

My guess is Comcast has been ripping the Sixers off on rent for years.

Howard eskin actually went into how the sixers on concessions and other events at the WFC have been getting burned by having to give a generous portion of cut on the concessions/ merchandise sales and get nothing on those other events. The sixers want to keep the concession/merchandise revenue and make money on bringing other shows to the arena. I can totally understand why the sixers ownership wants their own arena.

The chargers are dealing with this in LA now. It’s why the chargers are dumb to have moved from San Diego and not found the funds to built their own stadium. What makes it worse for the chargers, for years SD couldn’t tear down Qualcomm. They wanted to put it on the outskirts but it would’ve killed the habitat and swamp lands (my sister was the attorney for sierra club that prevented that) but failed. There was hazards under the stadium that didn’t allow for it. a couple years ago they figured it out and knocked it down for SDSU’s new stadium. If spanos wasn’t a crap owner the fans/residents of SD would’ve taken up that 1% increase in vacation tax and they’d have their own stadium. Instead no one in La really cares for them and stuck being a tenant  when they should’ve pushed for a new stadium in sd or Orange County. 

2 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Yeah, but the current location isn't an option since the Sixers want to own their own stadium. Comcast won't sell them the WFC (since they own the Flyers and want them to play there), and the Sixers want their own stadium (no sharing) that they own. 

Comcast should be forced to sell it all

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

There’s even been talk of letting the kids go who beat that old man to death with the traffic cone. Hopefully the impeachment happens. 

Its not like he bombed a city block

The stadium complex blows.  The only way to get there is to drive or take the subway. 

The surrounding area sucks and you have like 4 bar options. 

12 train lines go to Jefferson Station, which is right there.  Anyone crying about parking can just drive to the nearest train station and take the train. 

This is just a small piece of a huge retail/residentisl/entertainment/business project. 

The plan is to turn Market East into the entertainment hub of Philadelphia. 

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

 

12 train lines go to Jefferson Station, which is right there.  Anyone crying about parking can just drive to the nearest train station and take the train. 

 

Please let me know where my nearest convenient train station is to take me to philly. 

I can drive 45-60 minutes and an additional 10 dollars in tolls, or about an hour and 10 minutes without tolls, to Allentown to jump on a greyhound bus and ride that for 2 hours to Philly. Thats ridiculously dumb.

Or I can drive to Pottstown for an Amtrack which Im seeing, in addition to my drive time, are anywhere from 1hr 25 minutes on the train up to 2hr 37 minutes to Philly.

Or, I can drive an hour and a half to reading, for Amtrack and take the train for another 2 hours. Or theres an option for 3hrs and 20 minutes. 

Or I can drive to Lehighton, and take a Fullington bus for 5 hours and 20 minutes!

From there, I have no idea how much longer itll take to get to the actual arena.

 

I can drive to Philadelphia in 1.5 - 2 hours, and park right at the stadium, and more importantly, I can get home just as quickly. They better be able to come up with some way better options for the thousands of out of towners who will be there each night.

Any of those other options are idiotic. 

49 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Please let me know where my nearest convenient train station is to take me to philly. 

I can drive 45-60 minutes and an additional 10 dollars in tolls, or about an hour and 10 minutes without tolls, to Allentown to jump on a greyhound bus and ride that for 2 hours to Philly. Thats ridiculously dumb.

Or I can drive to Pottstown for an Amtrack which Im seeing, in addition to my drive time, are anywhere from 1hr 25 minutes on the train up to 2hr 37 minutes to Philly.

Or, I can drive an hour and a half to reading, for Amtrack and take the train for another 2 hours. Or theres an option for 3hrs and 20 minutes. 

Or I can drive to Lehighton, and take a Fullington bus for 5 hours and 20 minutes!

From there, I have no idea how much longer itll take to get to the actual arena.

 

I can drive to Philadelphia in 1.5 - 2 hours, and park right at the stadium, and more importantly, I can get home just as quickly. They better be able to come up with some way better options for the thousands of out of towners who will be there each night.

Any of those other options are idiotic. 

Dude you're not an out of towner...... You live in the middle of nowhere. 

There is going to be plenty of parking and less gridlock because more people are going to stay in town after the games and also take public transportation. 

 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Please let me know where my nearest convenient train station is to take me to philly. 

I can drive 45-60 minutes and an additional 10 dollars in tolls, or about an hour and 10 minutes without tolls, to Allentown to jump on a greyhound bus and ride that for 2 hours to Philly. Thats ridiculously dumb.

Or I can drive to Pottstown for an Amtrack which Im seeing, in addition to my drive time, are anywhere from 1hr 25 minutes on the train up to 2hr 37 minutes to Philly.

Or, I can drive an hour and a half to reading, for Amtrack and take the train for another 2 hours. Or theres an option for 3hrs and 20 minutes. 

Or I can drive to Lehighton, and take a Fullington bus for 5 hours and 20 minutes!

From there, I have no idea how much longer itll take to get to the actual arena.

 

I can drive to Philadelphia in 1.5 - 2 hours, and park right at the stadium, and more importantly, I can get home just as quickly. They better be able to come up with some way better options for the thousands of out of towners who will be there each night.

Any of those other options are idiotic. 

Not for actual philadelpians

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Dude you're not an out of towner...... You live in the middle of nowhere. 

There is going to be plenty of parking and less gridlock because more people are going to stay in town after the games and also take public transportation. 

 

I don't live in the middle of nowhere. 

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Not for actual philadelpians

Duh...

But there will be thousands at each game with the same issues caused by the lack of practicality of a center city arena. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I don't live in the middle of nowhere. 

Duh...

But there will be thousands at each game with the same issues caused by the lack of practicality of a center city arena. 

Only once or twice a year as you said. Not worth worrying about

if you dont go someone else will

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.