Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Would hate to have the 5th highest 3point % shooter in the league on the team? Fing dummy. 

He wouldn’t have a role here. Tell me you haven’t watched the Sixers this year without telling me you haven’t watched them. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

He wouldn’t have a role here. Tell me you haven’t watched the Sixers this year without telling me you haven’t watched them. 

Yeah no role where Embiid had a double team rate of 33.1, no role for an elite 3p shooter. 

I wonder if an elite shooter would create more space for Harden and Embiid, I wonder. 

Joe does everything Shake does but better, numbers back it up. 

 

Trolling 

 

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Yeah no role where Embiid had a double team rate of 33.1, no role for an elite 3p shooter. 

I wonder if an elite shooter would create more space for Harden and Embiid, I wonder. 

Joe does everything Shake does but better, numbers back it up. 

I haven't watched Joe in OKC.

I have watched him with the 6ers and he was a shooter who never had enough opportunity to get in rhythm. He rarely had a good shooting night. Never surpassed Kork and I wish he did. 

I also watched him in Summer League where he was a shooter, AND a creator on offense, with a solid handle and even a nice step back move. A really, really nice player. 

 

If OKC has gotten the SL version of Joe by being smart enough to give him enough time to feel comfortable,  then we have lost a significant piece.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I haven't watched Joe in OKC.

I have watched him with the 6ers and he was a shooter who never had enough opportunity to get in rhythm. He rarely had a good shooting night. Never surpassed Kork and I wish he did. 

I also watched him in Summer League where he was a shooter, AND a creator on offense, with a solid handle and even a nice step back move. A really, really nice player. 

 

If OKC has gotten the SL version of Joe by being smart enough to give him enough time to feel comfortable,  then we have lost a significant piece. That's a player who can contribute even on a championship team.  And supposedly it was done for cap reasons but he could have been paid instead of House.

 

 

i was really looking forward to an embiid/simmons matchup...we'll see if he plays. 

 

and no niang vs durant either :sad:  

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

 

i was really looking forward to an embiid/simmons matchup...we'll see if he plays. 

 

and no niang vs durant either :sad:  

The real questions is, will Simmons play?

I feel a sore vagi back coming on.

Embiid didn't even touch him smh

7 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Embiid didn't even touch him smh

such a flop. So much for the emphasis a few years ago on flopping. Should have been a foul on Kyrie for doing that. 

What a bad call.

Maxey is on fire 

PJ is out scoring Ben 6-0 with 4 less minutes.

Game shouldnt be this close. That 8-0 run after they went up 14 hurt.

Harden had some timely turnovers and Joel is not having a good game by his standards. Should still win but made it much more difficult than needed. 

looks like they hung on.

When can we extend Maxey? I think he has earned the rookie max.

 

Great balance of scoring through the lineup (except Tuckers 6 point offensive explosion). 45 points from the bench lead by Maxey's 27.

Really nice stuff.

 

Someone mentioned wishing we didnt have to give up Seth Curry in the Simmons trade.

There are a few guys I regret having traded over the years.

One was Jrue. And wanted him back for a long time. Over that now. Ship has sailed.

Seth was a tough one. 

But I still really like Dario Saric a lot. I think hes one of those all heart guys. I love his attitude on the court. His hustle. He may not be as good a defender as Tucker has been in his career. But he makes the hustle plays. He has some playmaking ability. And he is a more willing scorer. I suspect he is not available. But I feel he would be a somewhat attainable piece if they named a price, and I would just love to replace TJ with him in the starting lineup. I think he would make this team better. He reminds me of my guy LaRavia.

Big test against the best team in the nba Saturday. Harden and Embiid are rested and we are fully healthy. Let’s see what we are all about. 

Putting Maxey on the 2nd unit was a genius move 

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Big test against the best team in the nba Saturday. Harden and Embiid are rested and we are fully healthy. Let’s see what we are all about. 

not sure we are fully healthy. Supposedly Joel's foot hurts and he was questionable for this game.

4 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Putting Maxey on the 2nd unit was a genius move 

Yes. And important to credit Maxey for that, rather than Doc. Doc would never think of it. He doesnt make genius moves.

Love Harden's complete emasculation of Ben tonight. The ONE think he can still claim to do well is defense. And Harden megged him with that pass to Embiid. Made him look foolish even on D.

9 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Big test against the best team in the nba Saturday. Harden and Embiid are rested and we are fully healthy. Let’s see what we are all about. 

seems like we hardly ever get the embiid v jokic matchup...one of them usually doesn't play. we'll see on saturday. jojo's foot is bothering him & jokic sat out last night's game against the bucks, so i have my doubts. 

 

 

 

 

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Someone mentioned wishing we didnt have to give up Seth Curry in the Simmons trade.

There are a few guys I regret having traded over the years.

One was Jrue. And wanted him back for a long time. Over that now. Ship has sailed.

Seth was a tough one. 

But I still really like Dario Saric a lot. I think hes one of those all heart guys. I love his attitude on the court. His hustle. He may not be as good a defender as Tucker has been in his career. But he makes the hustle plays. He has some playmaking ability. And he is a more willing scorer. I suspect he is not available. But I feel he would be a somewhat attainable piece if they named a price, and I would just love to replace TJ with him in the starting lineup. I think he would make this team better. He reminds me of my guy LaRavia.

You could make a playoff team with all the guys they traded away the last few years. 

seth got cooked by huerter in the playoffs. great shooter, for sure...but he really hurt them in the playoffs. dario is coming off an acl tear & averaging 6ppg...he also struggled on D when he was here the first time. good guy...bad fit.  the jrue trade was really bad. traded him for the #6 pick they used on noel. :lol:   

 

they really need an athletic wing but those guys are hard to come by. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.