**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

i was really looking forward to an embiid/simmons matchup...we'll see if he plays. 

and no niang vs durant either :sad:  

The real questions is, will Simmons play?

7 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Embiid didn't even touch him smh

such a flop. So much for the emphasis a few years ago on flopping. Should have been a foul on Kyrie for doing that. 

What a bad call.

Harden had some timely turnovers and Joel is not having a good game by his standards. Should still win but made it much more difficult than needed. 

When can we extend Maxey? I think he has earned the rookie max.

Great balance of scoring through the lineup (except Tuckers 6 point offensive explosion). 45 points from the bench lead by Maxey's 27.

Really nice stuff.

Someone mentioned wishing we didnt have to give up Seth Curry in the Simmons trade.

There are a few guys I regret having traded over the years.

One was Jrue. And wanted him back for a long time. Over that now. Ship has sailed.

Seth was a tough one. 

But I still really like Dario Saric a lot. I think hes one of those all heart guys. I love his attitude on the court. His hustle. He may not be as good a defender as Tucker has been in his career. But he makes the hustle plays. He has some playmaking ability. And he is a more willing scorer. I suspect he is not available. But I feel he would be a somewhat attainable piece if they named a price, and I would just love to replace TJ with him in the starting lineup. I think he would make this team better. He reminds me of my guy LaRavia.

Big test against the best team in the nba Saturday. Harden and Embiid are rested and we are fully healthy. Let’s see what we are all about. 

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Big test against the best team in the nba Saturday. Harden and Embiid are rested and we are fully healthy. Let’s see what we are all about. 

not sure we are fully healthy. Supposedly Joel's foot hurts and he was questionable for this game.

4 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Putting Maxey on the 2nd unit was a genius move 

Yes. And important to credit Maxey for that, rather than Doc. Doc would never think of it. He doesnt make genius moves.

• Like 1

Love Harden's complete emasculation of Ben tonight. The ONE think he can still claim to do well is defense. And Harden megged him with that pass to Embiid. Made him look foolish even on D.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Khani1 said:

seems like we hardly ever get the embiid v jokic matchup...one of them usually doesn't play. we'll see on saturday. jojo's foot is bothering him & jokic sat out last night's game against the bucks, so i have my doubts. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Someone mentioned wishing we didnt have to give up Seth Curry in the Simmons trade.

There are a few guys I regret having traded over the years.

One was Jrue. And wanted him back for a long time. Over that now. Ship has sailed.

Seth was a tough one. 

But I still really like Dario Saric a lot. I think hes one of those all heart guys. I love his attitude on the court. His hustle. He may not be as good a defender as Tucker has been in his career. But he makes the hustle plays. He has some playmaking ability. And he is a more willing scorer. I suspect he is not available. But I feel he would be a somewhat attainable piece if they named a price, and I would just love to replace TJ with him in the starting lineup. I think he would make this team better. He reminds me of my guy LaRavia.

You could make a playoff team with all the guys they traded away the last few years. 

• Like 1

seth got cooked by huerter in the playoffs. great shooter, for sure...but he really hurt them in the playoffs. dario is coming off an acl tear & averaging 6ppg...he also struggled on D when he was here the first time. good guy...bad fit.  the jrue trade was really bad. traded him for the #6 pick they used on noel. :lol:   

they really need an athletic wing but those guys are hard to come by. 

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

seth got cooked by huerter in the playoffs. great shooter, for sure...but he really hurt them in the playoffs. dario is coming off an acl tear & averaging 6ppg...he also struggled on D when he was here the first time. good guy...bad fit.  the jrue trade was really bad. traded him for the #6 pick they used on noel. :lol:   

they really need an athletic wing but those guys are hard to come by. 

Unathletic Dario still made defensive plays from time to time.  I'm just saying, he's at least a athletic as the fossil of PJ Tucker.

All moot as he's not available.  Just saying,  he's one of those guys id always take back in a heartbeat.

If you could undo one process era move, what would it be? 

Not trading Simmons for Kawhi in 2018?

Signing Simmons to an extension instead of Butler?

Trading up to draft Fultz.  (Let's assume Boston picks Tatum at #1 anyway)

Signing Horford

Signing Harris to a max extension

Drafting Okafor over Porzingas

Trading away Bridges (Which ultimately landed you Harris)

Just now, iladelphxx said:

If you could undo one process era move, what would it be? 

Not trading Simmons for Kawhi in 2018?

Signing Simmons to an extension instead of Butler?

Trading up to draft Fultz.  (Let's assume Boston picks Tatum at #1 anyway)

Signing Horford

Signing Harris to a max extension

Drafting Okafor over Porzingas

Trading away Bridges (Which ultimately landed you Harris)

I would draft Ingram over Simmons as the primary change.

• Like 2