**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Second best winning percentage in the league but currently only the 4th best odds to win the title.  Nuggets are currently +700

image.thumb.png.a078cbac44dfe121544ec54b62bf9e90.png

• Haha 1

I feel hope and interest trying to crawl its way back in.....must resist the temptation!!  I said I'd start paying attention WHEN they get out of the 2nd round......but now I'm analyzing the last 12 games, the Bucks/Celtics last remaining games going is the 1 seed possible??  If they get the 1....then do they have a shot to go to the ECF or Finals?  When in the next 12 games will Embid get injured right before the playoffs?

Embiid on fire and pushing for MVP, which will limit his rest and probably secure an injury down the stretch, 76ers playing their best ball in March....definitely should just buy the blu-ray to this movie instead of constantly streaming it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Embiid on fire and pushing for MVP, which will limit his rest and probably secure an injury down the stretch, 76ers playing their best ball in March....definitely should just buy the blu-ray to this movie instead of constantly streaming it.

I'm glad he's chasing it again because I hope it improves his chances of playing on Monday.  I'm going to that one. 

After that,  I'd rather see him get some rest and stay healthy for playoffs.  But we all know what's more important to him. 

15 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm glad he's chasing it again because I hope it improves his chances of playing on Monday.  I'm going to that one. 

After that,  I'd rather see him get some rest and stay healthy for playoffs.  But we all know what's more important to him. 

I'm actually going to disagree on this one.......their schedule is brutal, playoff like........but I look at it as an opportunity to play great teams, on the road which should be a perfect tune up for the playoffs because that is exactly what they are going to have in the playoffs.  The last couple of years, their end of year schedule was pathetic, easy and I think it gave them a false sense of readiness.....

Let the Sixers play everyone through this brutal stretch, play all of these playoff teams and get ready!  And, lest we not forget, the #1 seed (definitely the #2 seed) is still in play.  Tell me you wouldn't love to get the #1 seed and avoid playing both the Bucks and the Celtics to get out of the East?

Now...you have permission to give me a 50 yard running nut kick if Embid takes an elbow to his face, breaks his orbital socket again and the season goes in the sitter lol

Also, lets go back in the way back machine to the Phillies last season where they weren't home for like a month......they went on the road and it brought them together.  I know, apples and oranges but still......sometimes adverse situations, especially at the end of the year, are exactly what you need to bring it all together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nipples said:

This damn team. Stop making me believe. 

I know...I'm getting sucked back in.....like an abusive relationship!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I'm actually going to disagree on this one.......their schedule is brutal, playoff like........but I look at it as an opportunity to play great teams, on the road which should be a perfect tune up for the playoffs because that is exactly what they are going to have in the playoffs.  The last couple of years, their end of year schedule was pathetic, easy and I think it gave them a false sense of readiness.....

Let the Sixers play everyone through this brutal stretch, play all of these playoff teams and get ready!  And, lest we not forget, the #1 seed (definitely the #2 seed) is still in play.  Tell me you wouldn't love to get the #1 seed and avoid playing both the Bucks and the Celtics to get out of the East?

Now...you have permission to give me a 50 yard running nut kick if Embid takes an elbow to his face, breaks his orbital socket again and the season goes in the sitter lol

Also, lets go back in the way back machine to the Phillies last season where they weren't home for like a month......they went on the road and it brought them together.  I know, apples and oranges but still......sometimes adverse situations, especially at the end of the year, are exactly what you need to bring it all together.

Theres actually rumors saying that people in the 6ers organization want to play boston in the playoffs because they think they can beat them. They are already delusional. And thinking differently than you. 

At this point, you know Embiid will have something wrong come playoff time. Whether its injury, or illness. Its always one, or both. Always. He has never been healthy for a post season.

[quote]"A lot of my assistant coaches were in Philadelphia when he was a young player, and they kept telling me he was going to be the best big guy ever to play the game," Karl said. "I see him moving in that direction, but I don't know. He takes too many possession off. He has lazy body language. He gets angry at things that we don't understand why."[/quote]

24 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

[quote]"A lot of my assistant coaches were in Philadelphia when he was a young player, and they kept telling me he was going to be the best big guy ever to play the game," Karl said. "I see him moving in that direction, but I don't know. He takes too many possession off. He has lazy body language. He gets angry at things that we don't understand why."[/quote]

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Jokic plays for the Nuggest :rolleyes:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

what an idiot....

I'm just waiting for the next genius to bring up that the 76'ers record isn't terrible in the games he does miss so he can't be the MVP since they still win

He should be drawing interest from the 6ers for our head coaching job.

• Like 3

One of the worst performances in a long time from everyone except embiid and Melton.

Refs were some of the worst ever too.

Horrible and yet somewhat exciting game. 

7 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

One of the worst performances in a long time from everyone except embiid and Melton.

Refs were some of the worst ever too.

Horrible and yet somewhat exciting game. 

The game and outcome is pretty much what I expect come playoff time.

18 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

harden's worst game as a sixer...i guess pat bev locked him up. 

He bothered him a lot. But there were way too many forced pick and rolls from Harden to Embid. Bounce passes hitting defenders feet/legs. Other of Hardens passes getting tipped or picked. He was just horrible. 

Aside from him, Tobi didnt step up at all. We expect that now. Niang never hit any big 3s to help make a push. House is pretty worthless.

Maxey tried but didnt really have it tonight. He gets minimal shots throughout the game, and suddenly he has to be chucking harden step backs to try to win the game. Often times, he makes those. Last night, 2 air balls. Just wasnt anyone's night.

Only 2 players who did anything last night were Embiid, and Melton who had a bunch of big defensive plays, and ended up scoring pretty well too.

Refs took Embiid out of the game. He played in foul trouble most of the 2nd half. Too many times he had to let easy lay ins go without challenging. And he had to get less aggressive on offense. He was driving in the 1st half. Couldnt do that most of the 2nd half so he wouldnt charge. He ended up fouling out with only about 2 or 3 legitimate fouls.