Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

Sixers fairly lucky to get this depleted Nets team despite having a red hot Bridges.  Should be a pretty simple series win.  The next round will be a different story.

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

On 4/7/2023 at 2:29 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Woof 

 

 

he's not worth a max contract...but this is how the nba works. 

Maxey is still developing.  I like it.  Can he be "the guy” though?  Probably not.

23 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Maxey is still developing.  I like it.  Can he be "the guy” though?  Probably not.

I'm fine with keeping him and the way the NBA market is,  he's going to require a max.

But if the team is really heading for a rebuild,  I'm not sure that it's a smart move. 

29 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Maxey is still developing.  I like it.  Can he be "the guy” though?  Probably not.

No. He is a #2 if you are lucky lucky, but is best as a #3 on championship team. 

49 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

No. He is a #2 if you are lucky lucky, but is best as a #3 on championship team. 

I think Maxey with a full green light not deferring to 2 other guys can average upper 20s per game. 

The issue is building a team around his size and lack of defensive ability. 

Now is the week when @Dave Moss treats us to pics of him in his Nets gear

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Now is the week when @Dave Moss treats us to pics of him in his Nets gear

I’m a Durant fan and he got traded to Phoenix.  Let’s go Suns Nation!!!

(here you go though)

 

BF4A8BD4-5176-46DD-B115-FAE42DA8DD3B.jpeg

7ho4ew.jpg

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

7ho4ew.jpg

Suns will be the 2023 NBA Champs.  Over the Celtics in six.

3 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

I’m a Durant fan

 

BF4A8BD4-5176-46DD-B115-FAE42DA8DD3B.jpeg

:lol: Of course you are.

LaMelo Ball is another player who could want out if his team doesnt start winning.

If Charlotte doesnt get Wembanyama or Henderson in this draft, they may be in danger of losing him. Theyll have cap space, but I dont think anyone will be signing there.

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

LaMelo Ball is another player who could want out if his team doesnt start winning.

If Charlotte doesnt get Wembanyama or Henderson in this draft, they may be in danger of losing him. Theyll have cap space, but I dont think anyone will be signing there.

Any player would be crazy to not sign that max deal after the rookie deal. 

Charlotte doesnt deserve Wemby either. 

Doncic and Ball are both possibly 2 years away from the trade block,  if ever.

We are possibly going to have max space this summer. 

One guy who could move sooner is Trae Young. According to Kevin OConner front office has been light from ownership to consider trade opportunities.

 

Of course, he and Maxey would make a problematic pair on defense...

 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Doncic and Ball are both possibly 2 years away from the trade block,  if ever.

We are possibly going to have max space this summer. 

One guy who could move sooner is Trae Young. According to Kevin OConner front office has been light from ownership to consider trade opportunities.

 

Of course, he and Maxey would make a problematic pair on defense...

 

You would want Young? 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You would want Young? 

No not really. Doesn't fit here. 

Just the first name I've heard of who could be available this summer,  when we could potentiality have cap space. 

So far the other 2 who popped up in rumors seem 2 years away. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

No not really. Doesn't fit here. 

Just the first name I've heard of who could be available this summer,  when we could potentiality have cap space. 

So far the other 2 who popped up in rumors seem 2 years away. 

He only fits on losing teams. The sons owner for the Hawks has too much power and is a big Trae fan so I doubt he moves. 

Bulls +6 seems like good odds 

Sixers are - 8.5 in the first game as well

 

Paul Reed’s better than The Dream & The Admiral!

Question

Presuming we see Harden walk to Houston, and are able to trade Harris' big expiring contract to free up a max slot

Do you- A- go Stah hunting. Or B- build out the team with a deep, younger and more athletic starting 5.

I ask this because I just looked ahead at upcoming free agents. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

And I get excited when I look at this part of the list and their current prices.

image.png.685d0997e877d3fcdee40b0c71f27439.png

 

Itd be naive to assume those guys will remain at that price after being free agents where typically, players get overpaid. But just for the sake of this thought exercise, my poor math skills tell me  that with a max slot of 32-36 million, we can potentially choose 3 players off that list.

Assuming 2 starters are set in stone for next season:

PG- Maxey

SG-

SF-

PF-

C- Embiid

Filling in the rest with the above names you can potentially see a team of

Maxey, Hart, Brooks, Kuzma, Embiid

Tucker moves to the bench. With Melton. And I suppose there will be some kind of MLE or BAE to use add depth. (Saric returns?) May also see them bring up Springer, or possibly McClung.

 

I know a lot of people think thats not enough star power. But I think that team is so much more cohesive and balanced compared to what we have now. Scrappy on D. Can shoot. Athletic. And players in their prime years rather than washed up Tucker and Harden. 

Teams rarely let's assets go anymore, more luck exploring the trade market. 

Screenshot_20230412-221505.png

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Bulls +6 seems like good odds 

Sixers are - 8.5 in the first game as well

Bulls are +4.5 vs the Heat. I don't get that number at all, I bet it 

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Teams rarely let's assets go anymore, more luck exploring the trade market. 

Screenshot_20230412-221505.png

I've thought about maybe Jimmy wanting to come back.  Not now he's another older guy. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I've thought about maybe Jimmy wanting to come back.  Not now he's another older guy. 

Kuzma will get the max or close to it. 

This is where you let guys go because you built depth. Morey can't draft and Doc doesn't play young guys because every game is game 7 in a playoff series, Sixers are in this situation. The truth is they will do like Cavs did with LeBron in fill out the roster with old dudes they over pay for. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.