**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just watched The Last Dance, was really amazing....I mean Jordan is Jordan but I thought it really showed the mental fortitude it takes to win, and win championships.  And then I realized, this Sixers team has never had close to the mental toughness necessary to even come close to winning one.  You don't need players that like to win, you need a player (or players) that don't allow you to lose.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Just watched The Last Dance, was really amazing....I mean Jordan is Jordan but I thought it really showed the mental fortitude it takes to win, and win championships.  And then I realized, this Sixers team has never had close to the mental toughness necessary to even come close to winning one.  You don't need players that like to win, you need a player (or players) that don't allow you to lose.  

That is why I wanted to draft LaRavia last year.  He's that dude. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Woof 

This is why the process was necessary.

Any time you have a good young player, he ends up getting a max extension. Nobody as good as Maxey ever signs for less than that. For instance, DeAngelo Russell was a max player. Maxey is arguably better.

Its just the way the market is for free agents in the NBA.

If the 6ers can offload Tobias and Harden this summer Maxey will be the #2 and he will be averaging mid 20s scoring, easily.

However, if you dont think the team can compete you dont want to be tied to that contract. So during the process years, the 6ers had to trade up and coming players, like Jrue Holiday.

The team will have to determine whether they think Maxey can be part of a core that will be ready to contend quickly. And only extend him if they think they have a plan to build with the proper players around him and Embiid.

Korkmaz may actually be one of the worst players in the entire league. Even in a game where the Sixers are playing all bench players, he looks like trash relative to the guys he's playing with. Crazy that he was once a player we expected to be at least a good bench piece.

Process era performance tonight. Fun one.

Next time we find ourselves down 3-0 against Boston they should play this lineup to try to save the series.

I doubt Maxey + Harris would get it done without picks. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

2024 is too far away. Embiid may be declining by then. Would be nice to find something by this summer.

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

He needs a team like the Nets

• Haha 1

Curious to see what Springer does today. If he has another really good game he very well could earn himself some playoff minutes. I was surprised and impressed with his performance against ATL. 

43 minutes ago, nipples said:

Curious to see what Springer does today. If he has another really good game he very well could earn himself some playoff minutes. I was surprised and impressed with his performance against ATL. 

There is a better chance of Simmons returning to basketball than there is of Doc giving any playoff minutes to Springer. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

There is a better chance of Simmons returning to basketball than there is of Doc giving any playoff minutes to Springer. 

Probably right, but the kid will have earned some run if he has another game like the last one. Or course, shake looked good too. 

14 minutes ago, nipples said:

Probably right, but the kid will have earned some run if he has another game like the last one. Or course, shake looked good too. 

I’d be happy if he can drastically improve his game over the summer and be a viable 4th to 5th guy off the bench next year. 

14 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I’d be happy if he can drastically improve his game over the summer and be a viable 4th to 5th guy off the bench next year. 

I will say that I had little hope for him after watching SL, but he seems to have come a long way since then. I have a glimmer of hope that he can be a solid bench guard for us going forward. 

Sixers bench looks so much better than Brooklyn’s right now. Not worried about that series at all right now. 

Sixers fairly lucky to get this depleted Nets team despite having a red hot Bridges.  Should be a pretty simple series win.  The next round will be a different story.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 2:29 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Woof 

he's not worth a max contract...but this is how the nba works. 

Maxey is still developing.  I like it.  Can he be "the guy” though?  Probably not.

23 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Maxey is still developing.  I like it.  Can he be "the guy” though?  Probably not.

I'm fine with keeping him and the way the NBA market is,  he's going to require a max.

But if the team is really heading for a rebuild,  I'm not sure that it's a smart move.