**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

29 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Maxey is still developing.  I like it.  Can he be "the guy” though?  Probably not.

No. He is a #2 if you are lucky lucky, but is best as a #3 on championship team. 

49 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

No. He is a #2 if you are lucky lucky, but is best as a #3 on championship team. 

I think Maxey with a full green light not deferring to 2 other guys can average upper 20s per game. 

The issue is building a team around his size and lack of defensive ability. 

Now is the week when @Dave Moss treats us to pics of him in his Nets gear

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Now is the week when @Dave Moss treats us to pics of him in his Nets gear

I’m a Durant fan and he got traded to Phoenix.  Let’s go Suns Nation!!!

(here you go though)

BF4A8BD4-5176-46DD-B115-FAE42DA8DD3B.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

7ho4ew.jpg

Suns will be the 2023 NBA Champs.  Over the Celtics in six.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

I’m a Durant fan

BF4A8BD4-5176-46DD-B115-FAE42DA8DD3B.jpeg

:lol: Of course you are.

• Haha 1

LaMelo Ball is another player who could want out if his team doesnt start winning.

If Charlotte doesnt get Wembanyama or Henderson in this draft, they may be in danger of losing him. Theyll have cap space, but I dont think anyone will be signing there.

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

LaMelo Ball is another player who could want out if his team doesnt start winning.

If Charlotte doesnt get Wembanyama or Henderson in this draft, they may be in danger of losing him. Theyll have cap space, but I dont think anyone will be signing there.

Any player would be crazy to not sign that max deal after the rookie deal. 

Charlotte doesnt deserve Wemby either. 

Doncic and Ball are both possibly 2 years away from the trade block,  if ever.

We are possibly going to have max space this summer. 

One guy who could move sooner is Trae Young. According to Kevin OConner front office has been light from ownership to consider trade opportunities.

Of course, he and Maxey would make a problematic pair on defense...

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Doncic and Ball are both possibly 2 years away from the trade block,  if ever.

We are possibly going to have max space this summer. 

One guy who could move sooner is Trae Young. According to Kevin OConner front office has been light from ownership to consider trade opportunities.

Of course, he and Maxey would make a problematic pair on defense...

You would want Young? 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You would want Young? 

No not really. Doesn't fit here. 

Just the first name I've heard of who could be available this summer,  when we could potentiality have cap space. 

So far the other 2 who popped up in rumors seem 2 years away. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

No not really. Doesn't fit here. 

Just the first name I've heard of who could be available this summer,  when we could potentiality have cap space. 

So far the other 2 who popped up in rumors seem 2 years away. 

He only fits on losing teams. The sons owner for the Hawks has too much power and is a big Trae fan so I doubt he moves. 

Question

Presuming we see Harden walk to Houston, and are able to trade Harris' big expiring contract to free up a max slot

Do you- A- go Stah hunting. Or B- build out the team with a deep, younger and more athletic starting 5.

I ask this because I just looked ahead at upcoming free agents. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

And I get excited when I look at this part of the list and their current prices.

image.png.685d0997e877d3fcdee40b0c71f27439.png

Itd be naive to assume those guys will remain at that price after being free agents where typically, players get overpaid. But just for the sake of this thought exercise, my poor math skills tell me  that with a max slot of 32-36 million, we can potentially choose 3 players off that list.

Assuming 2 starters are set in stone for next season:

PG- Maxey

SG-

SF-

PF-

C- Embiid

Filling in the rest with the above names you can potentially see a team of

Maxey, Hart, Brooks, Kuzma, Embiid

Tucker moves to the bench. With Melton. And I suppose there will be some kind of MLE or BAE to use add depth. (Saric returns?) May also see them bring up Springer, or possibly McClung.

I know a lot of people think thats not enough star power. But I think that team is so much more cohesive and balanced compared to what we have now. Scrappy on D. Can shoot. Athletic. And players in their prime years rather than washed up Tucker and Harden. 

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Bulls +6 seems like good odds 

Sixers are - 8.5 in the first game as well

Bulls are +4.5 vs the Heat. I don't get that number at all, I bet it 

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Teams rarely let's assets go anymore, more luck exploring the trade market. 

Screenshot_20230412-221505.png

I've thought about maybe Jimmy wanting to come back.  Not now he's another older guy. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I've thought about maybe Jimmy wanting to come back.  Not now he's another older guy. 

Kuzma will get the max or close to it. 

This is where you let guys go because you built depth. Morey can't draft and Doc doesn't play young guys because every game is game 7 in a playoff series, Sixers are in this situation. The truth is they will do like Cavs did with LeBron in fill out the roster with old dudes they over pay for. 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kuzma will get the max or close to it. 

This is where you let guys go because you built depth. Morey can't draft and Doc doesn't play young guys because every game is game 7 in a playoff series, Sixers are in this situation. The truth is they will do like Cavs did with LeBron in fill out the roster with old dudes they over pay for. 

I'll settle for hart, Oubre or brooks, and saric. 

I wouldn't mind butler. Love him.  But our luck effective he comes back that'll be the first year of his decline. 

I feel like the other guys at a mid range price you can possibly get on shorter deals too. Get some optionally back.  Don't lock in too long term. 

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'll settle for hart, Oubre or brooks, and saric. 

I wouldn't mind butler. Love him.  But our luck effective he comes back that'll be the first year of his decline. 

I feel like the other guys at a mid range price you can possibly get on shorter deals too. Get some optionally back.  Don't lock in too long term. 

Hart has said he wants to re sign with the Knicks.

Oubre isn't a winning player to me 

Dillion, he either gets paid paid or sticks with Memphis for a slight discount, I bet. 

Best bet is to trade Harris for a guy on a long deal like Butler or Beal, puke, because the team wants to rebuild

DeRozan's daughter won the Bulls the game last night. 

They shoot 78% from this line this year and 18/36 for 50% last night, she deserves a paycheck.

15 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Teams rarely lets assets go anymore, more luck exploring the trade market. 

Screenshot_20230412-221505.png

It’s Stephen A. Smith but it’s an interesting thought