**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

tbf the offseason was around a month long. :lol:  

He had 4 months to practice a corner 3. Not even running off a screen or moving 3, just a simple catch and shoot. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah I said a few times not to expect much improvement from anyone due to how little time there was to put on work. 

Though,  Shake took a gigantic step.  But it's a lot to ask to see a notable improvement from a player with 0 offensive skill who was a senior when drafted.  He is just never going to get much better than he is. 

I don't need him to be a slasher, stand in the corner and make it 37% of the time, not 28%

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Well let's see.  Since being drafted, Embiid has missed 280 games (LOL how is that even possible).  Simmons has missed 106 games since being drafted.  Those numbers include the full seasons they didn't play.  If we start since they both played seasons together (2017-18 season and on), then Embiid has missed 65 games, and Simmons has missed 24.

So yeah, I can totally see how you would think they're similar.

Embiid has played plenty of games the last 4 seasons. You have to drop this weird obsession that a 7 foot center should be playing 82 games a year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'd rather have embiid healthy for the playoffs than have him win the mvp. 

thats a good point. 

Unfortunately sitting out games guarantees nothing. We have seen him load managed big time and then still be injured or de-conditioned, or both, by the time playoffs come around.

he has a back issue so he'll be questionable for just about every game. if his back tightens up during warmups, he'll sit out. now maybe he can "gut it out" with some back soreness if it's a playoff game...but i'm perfectly fine with him sitting out those games in the reg season. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

he has a back issue so he'll be questionable for just about every game. if his back tightens up during warmups, he'll sit out. now maybe he can "gut it out" with some back soreness if it's a playoff game...but i'm perfectly fine with him sitting out those games in the reg season. 

Yeah with the back issue Id rather see him just miss a couple weeks and get better.

Of course, then he will probably be fat. Its almost like a no win situation with him. 

back issues don't always "heal" like that...sitting 2 weeks or whatever doesn't mean it won't tighten up again.  honestly, dropping a few lbs would probably help his back...but jo isn't gonna do that. 

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

back issues don't always "heal" like that...sitting 2 weeks or whatever doesn't mean it won't tighten up again.  honestly, dropping a few lbs would probably help his back...but jo isn't gonna do that. 

If he has a back issue thats not going to heal with rest and rehab then he shouldnt be playing at all. Hopefully, it is something more minor, which could be taken care of by a few weeks of rest. But then, thats what they should be doing. 

He should try this

Image result for shaq icy hot

OR maybe Meat McGinley has some suggestions about how he could think his back problems away?

• Haha 2

We just can't relate to being 7'1" 280lbs. I don't think he is overly fat anymore, dude is just built differently. 

[Jackson Frank] Joel Embiid on how his back’s felt since landing on his back/being fouled against the Lakers: "That’s when it started. It’s not alarming. ... The body’s just sore. ... It’s normal.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

[Jackson Frank] Joel Embiid on how his back’s felt since landing on his back/being fouled against the Lakers: "That’s when it started. It’s not alarming. ... The body’s just sore. ... It’s normal.”

Happens when you get pushed while mid air. 

Joel is officially an all star starter.

Is it true Doc is coaching the East and has to choose the reserves?

If true, He has to take Ben and Tobias or there's going to be major hurt feelings. 

Would be hilarious if he just selected Tobias.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Joel is officially an all star starter.

Is it true Doc is coaching the East and has to choose the reserves?

If true, He has to take Ben and Tobias or there's going to be major hurt feelings. 

Would be hilarious if he just selected Tobias.

All coaches select the reserves. 

NBA coaches vote for the reserves for their respective conferences, but they cannot choose players from their own team. Each coach selects two guards, three frontcourt players and two wild cards, with each selected player ranked in order of preference within each category. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

All coaches select the reserves. 

NBA coaches vote for the reserves for their respective conferences, but they cannot choose players from their own team. Each coach selects two guards, three frontcourt players and two wild cards, with each selected player ranked in order of preference within each category. 

Wow that's a tough spot for doc.

First 5 spots are pretty much locks and guessing Ben is as well. I think a legit case for Randle over Ben could be made. 

Bam, Tatum, Brown, Harden, Middleton, Ben, last spot is Trae over LaVine. 

Should be LaVine though 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

First 5 spots are pretty much locks and guessing Ben is as well. I think a legit case for Randle over Ben could be made. 

Bam, Tatum, Brown, Harden, Middleton, Ben, last spot is Trae over LaVine. 

Should be LaVine though 

Harris has been trying hard and seems to want it. I think he somewhat deserves it but its hard to put him in over some others. 

Im sure Doc will put Ben in because hes in love with Ben.

But hes probably gonna hurt Tobi's feelings. I wonder how that will play out throughout the rest of the season.

Daryl Morey says Ben Simmons criticism is 'maddening' | RSN (nbcsports.com)

“… The reality is if Ben was on a different team, where everyone on the floor was a shooter in space, that would be optimal for Ben, but it wouldn’t be optimal for ... his chances to win a title," Morey said. "But that’s why people see these glimpses from Ben, it’s when everything around him is optimized. ... He’s just an extremely talented player on both ends; that’s just a treasure to have. The focus on the things he can’t do is pretty maddening, personally, to me. When I had Yao Ming in Houston, there wasn’t like a million people saying, ‘He should be able to do this and this,’ they just sort of appreciated Yao Ming for what he was.”

morey also says if ben were on another team, it wouldn't be optimal for the sixers to win a title..

GM SPEAK!!!  GM SPEAK!!!  HE'S GONNA TRADE HIM!!!! :ph34r:

and as far as ben having a very good 15ft. jumper...

"You want, each time down the floor, for your most efficient options to happen,” Morey said. "Even if Ben was a very good 15-foot shooter, the only time that could be our optimum option is if it’s four or less on the shot clock. Otherwise, you might get a spot-up 3, you might get a Joel (Embiid) post-up, you might get a Tobias (Harris) drive to the hoop. There’s so many other options you’d pick before that, even if you had it.”

does morey even watch the game???  BEN IS TRASH cause he doesn't have a very good 15ft. jumper.  i think we need to dump morey, yesterday. :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Harris has been trying hard and seems to want it. I think he somewhat deserves it but its hard to put him in over some others. 

Im sure Doc will put Ben in because hes in love with Ben.

But hes probably gonna hurt Tobi's feelings. I wonder how that will play out throughout the rest of the season.

All the coaches pick the reserves, not Doc. 

And no way three Sixers deserve to get in. I personally think it should be only Embiid. 

Randle deserves to get in over Harris. Knicks are competing every night and when you look at the team they shouldn't be close to .500

44 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

All the coaches pick the reserves, not Doc. 

And no way three Sixers deserve to get in. I personally think it should be only Embiid. 

Randle deserves to get in over Harris. Knicks are competing every night and when you look at the team they shouldn't be close to .500

oh thats good its not up to just Doc. That would look bad of him to take 3 6ers especially when its tough to take Tobias over some other players. 

So now it wont be all on him when Harris doesnt make it. 

I agree with only Embiid. And I like Simmons not making it so he feels some motivation to play hard for about a week or at least 1 game. 

2 hours ago, JayEcho said:

Daryl Morey says Ben Simmons criticism is 'maddening' | RSN (nbcsports.com)

morey also says if ben were on another team, it wouldn't be optimal for the sixers to win a title..

GM SPEAK!!!  GM SPEAK!!!  HE'S GONNA TRADE HIM!!!! :ph34r:

and as far as ben having a very good 15ft. jumper...

does morey even watch the game???  BEN IS TRASH cause he doesn't have a very good 15ft. jumper.  i think we need to dump morey, yesterday. :ph34r:

like anything else if we dont win a championship the failure is on morey for not trading ben because he doesnt know how to build a championship. he seems stuck in his own ways of how he built the rockets and not looking at teams that won championships.

The other night Howard played although there was a death in his family

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'NATION NAT Sutub PHILA 39 StubHub PHILA JUST WANTED TO GO OUT AND PLAY AS HARD AS COULD TO JUST LET THEM KNOW THAT NO MATTER WHAT GOES ON IN MY LIFE, I'LL ALWAYS GIVE... THIS ORGANIZATION ALL OF ME." DWIGHT HOWARD VIA SIXERSWIRE CLUTCHPOINTS'

No Simmons tonight.

• Like 3

Fing Korkmaz out there trying to outscore Lavine and Embiid combined. 

eh. he only took 2 shots. it feels like more. they were horrible shots. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Fing Korkmaz out there trying to outscore Lavine and Embiid combined. 

eh. he only took 2 shots. it feels like more. they were horrible shots. 

That pass he argued being hit was an awful pass even if it was.