**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

and another loss to a team who is missing a key starter.

How many of these opportunities have we blown this season? Feels like a lot. 

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

and another loss to a team who is missing a key starter.

How many of these opportunities have we blown this season? Feels like a lot. 

The bench continues to suck. However if your three starters in Embiid, curry and Harris don’t combine to go 16-49 (32%) Do you have a much better chance at winning that game? I would also add the Sixers defense in the second half when the Raptors went on that run was crap. I have watched Harris and embiid just stand there and watch guys take wide-open threes

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The bench continues to suck. However if your three starters in Embiid, curry and Harris don’t combine to go 14-49 (28.5%) Do you have a much better chance at winning that game? I would also add the Sixers defense in the second half when the Raptors went on that run was crap. I have watched Harris and embiid just stand there and watch guys take wide-open threes

And why you need another professional NBA scorer. 

Have mentioned names a few times, but really no idea. Want to see Bogdanovic for the Hawks healthy and see if they want to blow it up. 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And why you need another professional NBA scorer. 

Have mentioned names a few times, but really no idea. Want to see Bogdanovic for the Hawks healthy and see if they want to blow it up. 

I’ve said this in the past to if they get another NBA type scorer the Sixers are extremely dangerous. Almost to the point where I think they have a chance to knock off the nets. I don’t think it’s a great chance but I think it gives them a chance. Right now they’re gonna lose that series in maybe five games. If you added a Zach Lavine type score I don’t think the nets want to run into the Sixers. However I don’t see the Sixers able to acquire that with the assets they have left and the competition that would be there  for a player like that  

To me this all stems back to the stupid Al Horford signing. You had Space to add enough shooters or scores to the lineup and team. Instead you blew it on horford and are in this position. Could have had bojan bogdonavic and another solid bench player. The Sixers would look massively better right now with that.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

At least we got that after tonight’s performance 

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ve said this in the past to if they get another NBA type scorer the Sixers are extremely dangerous. Almost to the point where I think they have a chance to knock off the nets. I don’t think it’s a great chance but I think it gives them a chance. Right now they’re gonna lose that series in maybe five games. If you added a Zach Lavine type score I don’t think the nets want to run into the Sixers. However I don’t see the Sixers able to acquire that with the assets they have left and the competition that would be there  for a player like that  

To me this all stems back to the stupid Al Horford signing. You had Space to add enough shooters or scores to the lineup and team. Instead you blew it on horford and are in this position. Could have had bojan bogdonavic and another solid bench player. The Sixers would look massively better right now with that.

only other possibility is that we have to hope a great star signs here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

Cant happen when already in the luxury tax. 

Reason why Green should be traded. You cant bring that money back next year because over the cap

• Like 1

Let's say both zhaire and shae gil meant somebody in the fold had too much sugar in the tank. Why not pick what you need in shai gil and call it a day?

4 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

Basketball is turning into international football (soccer), where premier players are focused going to places that expand their brand more so than winning a championship. Maybe we get an aging star that wants to wrap up their career with a championship, but sadly I don't see Philly as being one of the brand building locations. 

The Philadelphia 76ers pursued a trade for James Harden in January before he was eventually dealt to the Brooklyn Nets and sources tell Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer they continue to seek "major moves to increase its championship odds."

O'Connor mentions Kyle Lowry as a player to monitor. Lowry is in the final season of his current contract with the Toronto Raptors, is a native of Philadelphia and would give the 76ers a veteran perimeter shot-creator. 

Daryl Morey has been consistent during his career of doing nearly everything possible to increase his team's title odds if they are amongst the handful of teams with a shot of winning it.

I saw Embiid briefly say something to Lavine after the Bulls game. I hope he was telling him come play here. 

Vin Fosh (I know, meaningless) said Embiid told him to call his agent and work a trade to Philly.

I doubt the 2nd thing happened because its Vin, but I did like seeing Embiid talk to him at the end of the game imagining/hoping he was doing some recruiting.

Im not against Lowry for the right price. But LaVine would be way better. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I saw Embiid briefly say something to Lavine after the Bulls game. I hope he was telling him come play here. 

Vin Fosh (I know, meaningless) said Embiid told him to call his agent and work a trade to Philly.

I doubt the 2nd thing happened because its Vin, but I did like seeing Embiid talk to him at the end of the game imagining/hoping he was doing some recruiting.

They have the same trainer, Drew Hanlen, so probably know each other. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They have the same trainer, Drew Hanlen, so probably know each other. 

good hope that helps recuiting. 

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think it depends on the Lowry price. I’m not willing to include Maxey in that deal. Lowry is a free agent at the end of the year and i don’t think he makes you better than the nets. Only way I’m giving up something of great value if it makes me better or close to the nets. Sadly Lowry makes you better likely lock as the second best team in the eats but i think you still lose in 5 games to the nets. I’d give up way more for lavine. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think it depends on the Lowry price. I’m not willing to include Maxey in that deal. Lowry is a free agent at the end of the year and i don’t think he makes you better than the nets. Only way I’m giving up something of great value if it makes me better or close to the nets. Sadly Lowry makes you better likely lock as the second best team in the eats but i think you still lose in 5 games to the nets. I’d give up way more for lavine. 

NBC article suggested Green, Scott, and Ferguson, and picks. 

I wouldn't add picks as we were a 3rd team jumping in to help match salaries.  

On that note,  I wonder if we could then flip Lowry to Chicago for Lavine. Now you're talking a big expiring contract in Lowry. Young players (maxey/Shake?) and picks. Seems like a solid package. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

NBC article suggested Green, Scott, and Ferguson, and picks. 

I wouldn't add picks as we were a 3rd team jumping in to help match salaries.  

On that note,  I wonder if we could then flip Lowry to Chicago for Lavine. Now you're talking a big expiring contract in Lowry. Young players (maxey/Shake?) and picks. Seems like a solid package. 

I wouldn’t add firsts for Lowry. I think that would hurt you in future deals.

Are we sure the bulls even want to trade Lavine? I’ve heard rumors about the sixers would want to acquire. Nothing substantial from the bulls. I’d do it if we could get Lavine back in a three way type deal. However I’m doubting Lowry want to go to Chicago but then again I’m guessing Chicago just buys him out considering it’s just a couple months anyway. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t add firsts for Lowry. I think that would hurt you in future deals.

Are we sure the bulls even want to trade Lavine? I’ve heard rumors about the sixers would want to acquire. Nothing substantial from the bulls. I’d do it if we could get Lavine back in a three way type deal. However I’m doubting Lowry want to go to Chicago but then again I’m guessing Chicago just buys him out considering it’s just a couple months anyway. 

So the 3 way deal in the article was centered around Drummond to Toronto. 6ers jump in to match salaries and get Lowry for our troubles.

We flip Lowry to Chicago for LaVine. 

Lowry gets bought out by Chicago. 

We sign Lowry on a cheap deal.

Lowry and LaVine with us for the Championship run. 

Lowry

LaVine

Ben

Tobias

Embiid

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

So the 3 way deal in the article was centered around Drummond to Toronto. 6ers jump in to match salaries and get Lowry for our troubles.

We flip Lowry to Chicago for LaVine. 

Lowry gets bought out by Chicago. 

We sign Lowry on a cheap deal.

Lowry and LaVine with us for the Championship run. 

Lowry

LaVine

Ben

Tobias

Embiid

I believe there’s a rule if you trade a player and he’s bought out you can’t sign him after the buyout. It’s why would likely just be easier to send to Chicago as part of the original deal cause if he’s bought out then you could sign him.  

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I believe there’s a rule if you trade a player and he’s bought out you can’t sign him after the buyout. It’s why would likely just be easier to send to Chicago as part of the original deal cause if he’s bought out then you could sign him.  

so a 4 teamer then. now its getting far fetched. -_-