**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

I don't think that really makes them better. While I think people are overrating Shake, losing his scoring and shot creation makes the bench inept. In return you get a guy that's perennially average with a high salary in Barnes and a stretch 4 that doesn't want to be in Philly and is shooting a terrible 25%. Pass. I'd rather see who is available on the buyout market. 

Saw a graphic.  4 players with at least 40 steals and 20 blocks this season. 

One is Ben. Another is Thybulle. Mattise has about half a many minutes as the other 3 guys on the list.  Crazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mat said:

I don't think that really makes them better. While I think people are overrating Shake, losing his scoring and shot creation makes the bench inept. In return you get a guy that's perennially average with a high salary in Barnes and a stretch 4 that doesn't want to be in Philly and is shooting a terrible 25%. Pass. I'd rather see who is available on the buyout market. 

The Sixers will already be over the cap next year without Green so the ability to add free agents is zero without the mid level. Sixers would be dumb to not get assets back on a longer deal for a guy on an expiring deal. 

Barnes, Thad Young, Ross, Bogdan Bogdanovic (Hawks wanna blow it up already?), Cedi Osman? 

I like this quote from Harris.

"I'll tell my kids one day I played with Joel Embiid," Sixers forward Tobias Harris said after Embiid's 50-point performance against the Bulls. "When they'll ask me who is the best player I ever played with, I'll say Joel Embiid. It's an honor to be out there with him on the floor."  

If you get rid of Howard and he comes at the minimum maybe. He will get offered a bigger role elsewhere 

tough to tell howard to just get out. for another pretty washed up guy no less. Worse yet Im not sure Cousins has reached the level of maturity and acceptance of role that Howard has. 

Cousins might be able to produce a bit more than Howard is at this moment, but Im not sure in the big picture that its such a great fit. 

Curb you Embiid for MVP enthusiasm.  I was in the car for most of the day and this morning Howard Eskin informed his dozens of listeners that Embiid can not win the MVP because he doesn't play enough games.  Other Eskin tidbits:

* Jokic is better than Embiid because Jokic is a better passer and turns the ball over less.

* Embiid uses his back stiffness excuse to duck the best opposing centers.

* Tobias is not an All Star.

* Ben will never score 42 points in a game again.

* The Sixers only have one decent win so far this season (LAL). 

If you didn't follow this team closely and listened to Eskin's whole show, by the end you would've thought that we were Orlando or Charlotte. 

8 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

tough to tell howard to just get out. for another pretty washed up guy no less. Worse yet Im not sure Cousins has reached the level of maturity and acceptance of role that Howard has. 

Cousins might be able to produce a bit more than Howard is at this moment, but Im not sure in the big picture that its such a great fit. 

Lakers probably go after him, since they need someone to help until AD gets back

7 hours ago, therealdawk said:

Curb you Embiid for MVP enthusiasm.  I was in the car for most of the day and this morning Howard Eskin informed his dozens of listeners that Embiid can not win the MVP because he doesn't play enough games.  Other Eskin tidbits:

* Jokic is better than Embiid because Jokic is a better passer and turns the ball over less.

If you didn't follow this team closely and listened to Eskin's whole show, by the end you would've thought that we were Orlando or Charlotte. 

Hes a tool when it comes to the sixers....large part because his son is so pro sixers and pro same hinkie. 

11 hours ago, therealdawk said:

That isn't wrong on some of the points. 

Joel assist to turnover is about 1:1 where Jokic is about 2.5 assists to 1 turnover. They are radically different players and besides the MVP vote hard to compare.

Embiid is still first to me and Jokic is a close 2nd. If you haven't watched Joker play before, you must, dude is so much fun to watch. 

Harris is 10th in Eastern Conference forwards player voting. He will have to jump some guys and hope coaches see him differently than his peers.  LaVine was 3rd player voting where Simmons was 6th. 

Embiid ducking guys is a dumb take.

Sixers haven't really played a team a good team when they were at full strength and the opposition was as well. Sixers beat the Heat without a few guys and Celtics without Tatum. Then lost some games without Ben or Embiid. Only played 40% of the season so time will tell. 

the strength of opponent is a true concern.

We have seen this team fall easily while missing only 1 player. To bad teams.

We have seen this team beat exactly 1 other contender at full strength and that was the Lakers. 

Years ago the catalyst for Brand to make an early season trade for Butler was that he saw the team lost to Boston, Toronto, etc... it was like 4 contenders in a short span that all beat us and he realized we werent good enough. 

This team hasnt been tested by any contenders. We have the top record in the east, but have cooled off a bit since the beginning of the season and Brooklyn is right on our heels. While we havent really beat anyone tough at full strength. Not just a few weeks away from the trade deadline. There isnt much time left to truly evaluate this team against top competition and then make a move.

And Im not sure we are as good as our record looks. We are getting great contributions from Harris, and occasionally Green or Curry are hot as well. But we dont win a lot of these games if Joel isnt playing at MVP level. Need more around him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

We have seen this team beat exactly 1 other contender at full strength and that was the Lakers. 

And while they dominated most of that game, they still had to go down to the last shot with the Lakers who were on the road 7 out of their last 9 games. 76ers were the 4th road game in a row for the Lakers as well. 

I love how FVV is red hot and we just keep going to our coldest shooter on the floor. Wonder why we cant score a point.

The talent on the court for the raptors is not impressive. Theyre a well coached team. Siakam is getting better after his putrid start. And FVV is good. But Lowry is out, and the rest is very meh. 

We are not good enough.

everybody sucks tonight except ben. The world feels upside down. 

Harris not doing it. Embiid not great. Shake 0-4. Just nobody doing anything tonight.