**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Speaking of all the speculation of trading for LaVine and never actually hearing that he is available, I have been feeling so bored with this upcoming trade deadline.

I feel like I played with just about every trade scenario I could think of, yet theyre all completely hypothetical. There seems to be absolutely 0 rumors right now with the deadline about 1 month away.

Normally theres some big names that youre wondering will the trade them? Wont they? Theres not even any of those scenarios this year. Theres literally nothing. All we have is the same guys we have speculated about for years like LaVine, Beal, McCollum and who knows if any of them are truly even remotely attainable?

We need to make a move and theres no juicy rumor to get excited about. Now its been said we are looking for a BIG move after missing out on Harden, and no possibilities were named other than speculating on Lowry- which is extremely underwhelming. 

When is someone going to drum  up something interesting?

As a Grizzlies fan we are starting to have a log jam at the wing position. 

Grayson Allen, Kyle Anderson, and Justice Winslow (who just returned from injury) 

Issue is they are all under team friendly deals, under contract next year, and Sixers do not exactly have anything enticing to bring back in trade. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Speaking of all the speculation of trading for LaVine and never actually hearing that he is available, I have been feeling so bored with this upcoming trade deadline.

I feel like I played with just about every trade scenario I could think of, yet theyre all completely hypothetical. There seems to be absolutely 0 rumors right now with the deadline about 1 month away.

Normally theres some big names that youre wondering will the trade them? Wont they? Theres not even any of those scenarios this year. Theres literally nothing. All we have is the same guys we have speculated about for years like LaVine, Beal, McCollum and who knows if any of them are truly even remotely attainable?

We need to make a move and theres no juicy rumor to get excited about. Now its been said we are looking for a BIG move after missing out on Harden, and no possibilities were named other than speculating on Lowry- which is extremely underwhelming. 

When is someone going to drum  up something interesting?

I feel like we are still a month away from the deadline. I feel like closer to the deadline you like see some teams drop out of playoff race or thinking they are not a true contender.  I’d be willing to get right after the all star break you start hearing about more rumors and bigger names potentially moved. 

Can you imagine the break with Ben and Lavine?  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Even the Lowry rumor feels off. The Raptors are 4 games back from the Sixers for christs sake. They started off terrible but that doesn't mean they still are/trying to tank for a draft pick. 

39 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

Even the Lowry rumor feels off. The Raptors are 4 games back from the Sixers for christs sake. They started off terrible but that doesn't mean they still are/trying to tank for a draft pick. 

They started 2-8 and are now 16-15. They have a great coach and staff that knows how to develop guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

Yeah true

33 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The play in game makes it more competitive basketball wise, but less teams will tank and give up on guys. 

which makes it harder for a team like us trying to upgrade weaknesses for the playoff run. Gonna have to give up more than you would like to get a team to take themselves out of that play in game race. 

lakers released quinn cook.  i remember him shooting the 3 well for the wariors a couple seasons ago but have no idea how his overall game is. 

16 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

No way he comes here.  Lebron will get him of course.

No way he plays over Gasol and Harrell. 

15 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

lakers released quinn cook.  i remember him shooting the 3 well for the wariors a couple seasons ago but have no idea how his overall game is. 

Could be a good guard, but bet he goes to the Nets. He is boys with KD. 

26 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Yeah I really wanted him as the backup PG but we got Neto instead. Cook is a great shooter. 

I've seen Ariza suggested as a potential buyout candidate.  He could still be better than Mike Scott. 

Anyone else NOT wanting us to get the #1 seed?  I want to #2 sandwiched between Brooklyn and Milwaukee.  That way, you only have to play one of them instead of potentially both.

Wasn’t able to get the game last night.   What was the reason for the quiet night from Embiid?  

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wasn’t able to get the game last night.   What was the reason for the quiet night from Embiid?  

Didn’t see the game but he never seems to really go off against Toronto. 

That said, you know he’s been great this year when he puts up 18 and 12 and it’s viewed as a quiet game. 

Embiid didnt have a great night shooting, plus refs were really letting both teams play, and embiid was getting pretty physical double teams most of the night. Seems like it opened things up for the rest of the team though and they capitalized. Overall it was a nice win. Embiid also battled and did what he could to put up 18 and get to the line. I thought Harris had a really nice game just taking what comes to him and Ben played well, there were a few points in the 3rd where the offense was sputtering and he took over and got more aggressive to get some points and break it up. 

11 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wow doncic with a dagger against Boston 

It might not last but I love seeing the Cs below .500!

Can you imagine talk radio in this city if the Sixers had that record?

image.thumb.png.776167323ae015a858c3f41f4655bd93.png

17 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

It might not last but I love seeing the Cs below .500!

Can you imagine talk radio in this city if the Sixers had that record?

image.thumb.png.776167323ae015a858c3f41f4655bd93.png

They'd be talking about the eagles instead.