**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

That pass he argued being hit was an awful pass even if it was. 

it was probably actually a shot. 

• Haha 1

On a lot of nights, LaVine might be more efficient than tonight. Hes scored 30 but 9-24 shooting night. 

However, I suppose theres a strong possibility that if he came here and doesnt get the same volume of shooting opportunities, we might get a guy scoring about the same amount of points as Tobias Harris, or Jimmy Butler did. 

But thats ok with me. On any given night he might be hot. Even if not, we can use a consistent 17-20 added to our starting lineup rather than what Danny Green gives us. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

On a lot of nights, LaVine might be more efficient than tonight. Hes scored 30 but 9-24 shooting night. 

However, I suppose theres a strong possibility that if he came here and doesnt get the same volume of shooting opportunities, we might get a guy scoring about the same amount of points as Tobias Harris, or Jimmy Butler did. 

But thats ok with me. On any given night he might be hot. Even if not, we can use a consistent 17-20 added to our starting lineup rather than what Danny Green gives us. 

But we know he can give you 25 a night on a consistent basis when it is needed. When Joel or Harris are inconsistent. 

Embiid is ridiculous this year. He’s become everything we’d hoped he’d be really. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

But we know he can give you 25 a night on a consistent basis when it is needed. When Joel or Harris are inconsistent. 

thats true. The nights Embiid misses, LaVine can score his 30 to keep a team in it like he did for the Bulls tonight against a much better 6ers team. 

Or yeah, if Joel and Harris are cool on a night, good chance LaVine has it. With 3 players that good someone should be on.

Tonight's performance is why you absolutely mortgage the future. The Sixers have a chance at a title with some more consistent scoring help. 

Okay keep Ben, but Maxey, Shake, and every first round pick is available to get that guy. 

• Like 3

There was something on NBC recently and I cant find it now. It was about Toronto being like the only team interested in Drummond and the salary matching challenge. It also talked about Philly sliding in to remedy that, and acquiring Lowry in the deal which actually worked out pretty cheap for us considering we were helping 2 other teams complete a deal, and Lowry of course is a salary dump. 

It seemed to make a lot of sense. I wish I could find the article to share.

I think it just had us sending some salaries like Green and Scott to help match. And getting Lowry in return.

You can almost get super crazy and think maybe you can also get LaVine by giving up Maxey or Shake and Thybulle, and picks. 

Lowry

LaVine

Ben

Harris

Embiid

Championship

I’m here to eat crow about my frustration with Embiid the past couple years.  Motivated, he’s unstoppable.  Great for him.  Get him help.  

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Tonight's performance is why you absolutely mortgage the future. The Sixers have a chance at a title with some more consistent scoring help. 

Okay keep Ben, but Maxey, Shake, and every first round pick is available to get that guy. 

Sure.  But not for Harden.  

• Like 3

A man that size shouldn’t be able to do that. Unreal. Motivated, in shape Embiid is scary for the league. 

Who knows how long this can last. Go for broke. Make a move and gun for the Lakers. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I don’t think it’s about mortgaging the future for them. I think Morey and the Sixers would be willing to do that part. I think it comes down to do the Sixers have enough assets to be able to get that player and also have a better offers than other teams? Those two questions I’m not sure they do

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

A man that size shouldn’t be able to do that. Unreal. Motivated, in shape Embiid is scary for the league. 

Who knows how long this can last. Go for broke. Make a move and gun for the Lakers. 

But allow the move to be for a guy who has a future past 2 years.  Unlike Harden.  And also a move that doesn’t eliminate the Sixers from making a first round draft pick for the next 8 years.  

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

But allow the move to be for a guy who has a future past 2 years.  Unlike Harden.  And also a move that doesn’t eliminate the Sixers from making a first round draft pick for the next 8 years.  

I have to wonder what it takes to get Beal. Green, Scott and Tony Bradley can make the salary work. 2 firsts and 2 swaps?

17 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I have to wonder what it takes to get Beal. Green, Scott and Tony Bradley can make the salary work. 2 firsts and 2 swaps?

Maybe they love Maxey  or Milton, but probably would take Simmons. 

I bet they make teams take that Bertans contract if they want Beal. 

Well, gotta give it up for Joel.  Great night!

MVP. 

As far as the team goes, they really still need to make a move (or two) if they want any shot at a title. With this version of Embiid, they have a legit shot, they need to go all in NOW. 

It seems pretty clear that Ben isn’t getting traded. It’s not ideal, but I still think they can win if they have the right pieces around Simmons and Embiid. I know they’ve only lost I believe once this year with all the starters playing, but I still think ideally you want to make a move that either ships Green out entirely, or at least pushes him to the bench. In a perfect world Curry would also go to the bench, but unfortunately I don’t see how they’re going to be able to acquire two starters. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nipples said:

MVP. 

As far as the team goes, they really still need to make a move (or two) if they want any shot at a title. With this version of Embiid, they have a legit shot, they need to go all in NOW. 

It seems pretty clear that Ben isn’t getting traded. It’s not ideal, but I still think they can win if they have the right pieces around Simmons and Embiid. I know they’ve only lost I believe once this year with all the starters playing, but I still think ideally you want to make a move that either ships Green out entirely, or at least pushes him to the bench. In a perfect world Curry would also go to the bench, but unfortunately I don’t see how they’re going to be able to acquire two starters. 

Harrison Barnes, 28, is under contract next two years and is owed 20 & 18 million. He can do a lot ot things well, would fit into the team perfectly, and playing really well this year. 

15.8ppg, 6 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 38.8% from 3 on 4 attempts, 85% FT shooter. Has a PER of 15.7 where Green is 9.7. Fivethirtyeight advanced metric has him as 36th best player with a WAR of 2.5 which is above Khris Middleton, Bam, and Tobias to name a few. 

Probably need to add a protected 1st, but Harrison and Bjelica solve the front court issues. 

Screenshot_20210220-112959.png

59 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Here is the piece about getting involved in a Cleveland/Portland Drummond deal and acquiring Lowry

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/andre-drummond-trade-rumors-five-possible-destinations-for-cavaliers-expensive-veteran-center/

Raptors are 7-3 in last 10 games and back in the playoff mix. Just don't see how they trade Lowry unless Pascal gets hurt and they want to tank.