**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, therealdawk said:

Donovan Mitchell went full 'Sheed in that OT.  Two techs in a game of this magnitude?  I never realized he could be such a hot head. 

Must still be salty about Ben winning ROY. 

Just now, therealdawk said:

Donovan Mitchell went full 'Sheed in that OT.  Two techs in a game of this magnitude?  I never realized he could be such a hot head. 

This all stems back from the fact that Ben Simmons won the rookie of the year. every time they seem to play each other he’s always chirping at Ben Simmons

Get a competent starter to replace Green, and add another bench piece, then we’ll really be legit. 

• Like 2

so yeah... if you just trade Danny Green and picks for Ross, that might be about all we need. Already showed we can beat LA, now beat Utah. Improve the starting lineup and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

If Tobi can be like this in the playoffs, we have a different team here.

they just exploited a mismatch over and over with him in OT. He was too strong and went to the post. 

that was a nice win. 

Even better, they held Brooklyn off a little longer cause theyre probably gonna win against Houston. Currently leading.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

How about Tobias Harris Jimmy Butlering tonight?

Danny green morphed into the process sixers. 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

so yeah... if you just trade Danny Green and picks for Ross, that might be about all we need. Already showed we can beat LA, now beat Utah. Improve the starting lineup and see what happens.

I push the chips all in with Orlando and try to get Fournier and ross. You manage to pull that off and still have your trade exception to add another bench guy you have enough fire power to beat the nets. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I push the chips all in with Orlando and try to get Fournier and ross. You manage to pull that off and still have your trade exception to add another bench guy you have enough fire power to beat the nets. 

I think Delon Wright might fit in under that exception which would be nice. But at that point after Ross and Fournier, I guess youd need the stretch big. 

One concern about the Ross/Fournier package- Id love to throw whatever picks it takes to get both. But then, we probably arent re-signing Fournier. Im not sure its worth multiple extra picks to get Fournier on a half season rental. 

I guess if you win the finals its worth it, and you probably do re-sign Fournier then.

But if not, its very wasteful. 

Donovan Mitchell said in his post game presser that they (Jazz) won this game in his opinion.  It was part of his "we're constantly getting screwed by the refs" tirade.  Between this PC and his slapping the cooler to the ground on his way to the locker room I wonder what his fine will be.   That cooler slightly hit an event staffer, as well. 

4 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

Donovan Mitchell said in his post game presser that they (Jazz) won this game in his opinion.  It was part of his "we're constantly getting screwed by the refs" tirade.  Between this PC and his slapping the cooler to the ground on his way to the locker room I wonder what his fine will be.   That cooler slightly hit an event staffer, as well. 

Loser. They got owned. Embiid decided they were winning and thats what happened.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess if you win the finals its worth it, and you probably do re-sign Fournier then.

But if not, its very wasteful. 

I’d re-sign him cause i could also use him in a future trade to match salaries. I also think he would be a good fit.

Additionally how am i gonna go into free agency and get a player to add to this group that they need? They don’t have that cap ability with Simmons, Harris and embiid’s contracts.  the expiring contracts the sixers have are with meh type of players that you likely don’t re-sign. I rather give myself the option of Fournier cause I’m not sure how else they can add to improve especially via trade when howard,korkmaz, Ferguson, Bradley and scott are FAs. You’re roster at seasons end is embiid, Harris, Simmons, curry, reed, thybulle, joe, shake and Maxey. 

I never cared much either way about the Jazz, but definitely starting to dislike them with all the whining they are doing about last night. Really, blaming the refs? Officials didn’t loose the game, Embiid making Gobert his **** and having no answer for Harris in OT lost them the game. 

Mitchell in particular shouldn’t be ****ing about the officials after they gave him 3 FTs when he hip-checked Curry instead of actually attempting to make the shot. 

• Like 1

He finished the night with a triple double: 16 points, 13 assists, and 10 steals. 

He's also averaging 1.7 steals a game, 2nd in the NBA, despite playing less than 25 minutes a night. 

Sucks we couldn't keep him - he's like a poor man's Danny Ainge 

12 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

He finished the night with a triple double: 16 points, 13 assists, and 10 steals. 

He's also averaging 1.7 steals a game, 2nd in the NBA, despite playing less than 25 minutes a night. 

Sucks we couldn't keep him - he's like a poor man's Danny Ainge 

Who did they aka BB keep instead. Just came to post this. 

10 hours ago, therealdawk said:

He definitely said something to the ref that got him tossed. Kind of like Booker saying the other day, where the foul ****, to the ref. 

And the play that got him tossed, Rudy definitely pushed his elbow and forearm into Joel to knock him off balance. 

12 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Trade Simmons for a big piece.

He's leading the entire NBA as DPOY.....WTF are you talking about??

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He definitely said something to the ref that got him tossed. Kind of like Booker saying the other day, where the foul ****, to the ref. 

And the play that got him tossed, Rudy definitely pushed his elbow and forearm into Joel to knock him off balance. 

Can we just state the obvious? Donovan Mitchell is easily the most overrated player in the league. Guy is 69th in PER (OK, that's funny, but still).

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/page/2/qualified/false

Guy scores because he is a ball hog that takes a ton of shots and is horribly inefficient. Doesn't rebound, doesn't play defense, and is a whiny little beeotch. He takes 20.1 shots per game and shoots 42%; the 6 guys who shoot more are MUCH more efficient. People act like he is a borderline all NBA guy, and he probably shouldn't even be an all-star.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Can we just state the obvious? Donovan Mitchell is easily the most overrated player in the league. Guy is 69th in PER (OK, that's funny, but still).

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/page/2/qualified/false

Guy scores because he is a ball hog that takes a ton of shots and is horribly inefficient. Doesn't rebound, doesn't play defense, and is a whiny little beeotch. He takes 20.1 shots per game and shoots 42%; the 6 guys who shoot more are MUCH more efficient. People act like he is a borderline all NBA guy, and he probably shouldn't even be an all-star.

As a Grizzlies fan and Conley fan this was the year he deserved to be an All Star, Mitchell.

Crazy how he shoots 38% from 3 and 42% from the field. He must have the Westbrook syndrome of taking a lot of bad mid range jumpers.