**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Joel questionable.  Shut him down for a few games and do not let him play the all-star game.  He will go all out in the all-star game that doesn't matter and will injury himself or make his back worse.

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Joel questionable.  Shut him down for a few games and do not let him play the all-star game.  He will go all out in the all-star game that doesn't matter and will injury himself or make his back worse.

Frankly they could use the wins here. You are up a half game in the nets. And 1 game on the bucks. If I’m the sixers i want to be the 1 seed badly so i avoid the second round matchup with likely the bucks. As the 1 likely facing the heat or knicks as it currently sits. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly they could use the wins here. You are up a half game in the nets. And 1 game on the bucks. If I’m the sixers i want to be the 1 seed badly so i avoid the second round matchup with likely the bucks. As the 1 likely facing the heat or knicks as it currently sits. 

We are so bad without Joel, it's alarming.  It would be so much nicer if we had a secondary 22-23 ppg scorer who can fill the void when Joel is out.

• Like 1

Just now, Khani1 said:

We are so bad without Joel, it's alarming.  It would be so much nicer if we had a secondary 22-23 ppg scorer who can fill the void when Joel is out.

Yup. Frankly it’s what i think costs them a seed maybe even becoming the 3 seed down the stretch. 

• Like 1

Good the bench showed up today. 27 points so far 

I bet a lot of Hawk's players are calling their agent to get them the F out of Atlanta. Front Office dropped poison on their own organization. 

Hats off to gordon heyward playing well this year and coming back to what he was before that injury. Averaging 21.5 ppg (second highest of his career—21.9ppg), 5 boards and 4 assists and 1.2 steals. Shooting 42% from 3. 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I bet a lot of Hawk's players are calling their agent to get them the F out of Atlanta. Front Office dropped poison on their own organization. 

Cue the Trae Young trade rumors!

Every time i watch bojan bogdonavic play it just pissed me off as he’s nailing threes and would’ve been such a better and cheaper move than al horford. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hats off to gordon heyward playing well this year and coming back to what he was before that injury. Averaging 21.5 ppg (second highest of his career—21.9ppg), 5 boards and 4 assists and 1.2 steals. Shooting 42% from 3. 

I will never take my hat off for him

Never!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I will never take my hat off for him

Never!!!!!!

I never like seeing any player get injured especially the one he had. I might not cheer for him by tons of respect for coming back from it and getting back to where he was. Frankly I’d take him on the sixers right now playing the way he is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I never like seeing any player get injured especially the one he had. I might not cheer for him by tons of respect for coming back from it and getting back to where he was. Frankly I’d take him on the sixers right now playing the way he is. 

Never!!!! I said! 

Lol I'm only playing, I like heyward plays tough fundamental basketball. For as much as I hate the celtics it sucked that what should of been a good run for him and the team it was derailed before it began

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Never!!!! I said! 

Lol I'm only playing, I like heyward plays tough fundamental basketball. For as much as I hate the celtics it sucked that what should of been a good run for him and the team it was derailed before it began

To be honest I think the Celtics miss Hayward. I think they believe they could move on from him and they wouldn’t miss a beat but Kemba Walker hasn’t looked the same since his injury.  they miss having that type of presence with brown and Tatum. I would love if Charlotte just bottoms out before the trade deadline to try to get Hayward. I don’t think people are gonna be happy with that but with how he’s playing he is a perfect fit for what the sixers need. Simmons, curry, Hayward, Harris and embiid gives you enough shooting in the starting lineup. I don’t know if charlotte would be willing to deal him. Has 3 years left on that deal after this year. If i were Charlotte I’d try to sell at a high as he’s 30 and get expiring contracts and a couple young players to fit around ball. 

Pels are likely keeping Lonzo due to his recent strong play. Redick and Bledsoe very available. They were interested in Oubre for a playoff run but are now  more interested in stockpiling assets. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261683/JJ-Redick-Eric-Bledsoe-Reportedly-Very-Much-Available-In-Trade-Talks

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Pels are likely keeping Lonzo due to his recent strong play. Redick and Bledsoe very available. They were interested in Oubre for a playoff run but are now  more interested in stockpiling assets. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261683/JJ-Redick-Eric-Bledsoe-Reportedly-Very-Much-Available-In-Trade-Talks

No thanks on Jj. He’s played like garbage this year. He might Just be on the decline. I wouldn’t be shocked if he just gets bought out cause of the money owed and his play. I wouldn’t give up anything for him with how he’s played. And Bledsoe is a headcase everywhere he goes. 

• Like 1

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No thanks on Jj. He’s played like garbage this year. He might Just be on the decline. I wouldn’t be shocked if he just gets bought out cause of the money owed and his play. I wouldn’t give up anything for him with how he’s played. And Bledsoe is a headcase everywhere he goes. 

Ive been thinking JJ might get bought out. Its hard for anyone to justify matching his salary in a trade. Its too much for what he does when hes not even doing it well anymore. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ive been thinking JJ might get bought out. Its hard for anyone to justify matching his salary in a trade. Its too much for what he does when hes not even doing it well anymore. 

Yup that’s been my belief. I think it’s gonna get bought out. I think it’s gonna come down to the 76ers and the nets to where he winds up. I wouldn’t mind him if you brought him in with the buyout market. That actually makes sense. In terms of trade I wouldn’t give up anything for him due to his salary and how he’s played so far this year.

Interesting name because you and I both like Gordon Hayward coming back from that injury. If the hornets think about trading him (doubtful) if I’m the Sixers I’ll inquire about it. I think if you could get him in a trade and he would be a good fit for what you need.  then you could just use your trade exception to go get another bench piece and add someone in the buyout market  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think they believe they could move on from him and they wouldn’t miss a beat but Kemba Walker

I would of never have given him that contract. I mean yes he has improved and he plays hard and what not, gives a few great games here and there. Just something about Kemba that I just do not see anything special with him at all. He isn't that much of a playmaker, he is undersized, he isn't a great shooter or scorer for that matter. So you have a guard who is undersized and isn't elite at anything. #notastar. Lol

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I would of never have given him that contract. I mean yes he has improved and he plays hard and what not, gives a few great games here and there. Just something about Kemba that I just do not see anything special with him at all. He isn't that much of a playmaker, he is undersized, he isn't a great shooter or scorer for that matter. So you have a guard who is undersized and isn't elite at anything. #notastar. Lol

I wouldn’t have given him that either. I think he’s a good point guard but not an elite point guard. He’s being paid like a star. To me the Celtics got themselves in the trouble thinking that with all these assets they have that they would eventually get a star player to come. They never did.  I firmly believe the Celtics thought Anthony Davis would be in play for them and he never was. He didn’t wanna go to Boston and they played that card of we will get Anthony Davis with all these assets we collected. When that fell apart the Celtics turned to kemba as the alternative. 

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t have given him that either. I think he’s a good point guard but not an elite point guard. He’s being paid like a star. To me the Celtics got themselves in the trouble thinking that with all these assets they have that they would eventually get a star player to come. They never did.  I firmly believe the Celtics thought Anthony Davis would be in play for them and he never was. He didn’t wanna go to Boston and they played that card of we will get Anthony Davis with all these assets we collected. When that fell apart the Celtics turned to kemba as the alternative. 

I do think Brown and Tatum still have another level they can take their game to especially Tatum which is scary. I think if those 2 get to that other level and learn how to win and find another star the east might have their hands full. Another reason the sixers really need to  strike now 

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I do think Brown and Tatum still have another level they can take their game to especially Tatum which is scary. I think if those 2 get to that other level and learn how to win and find another star the east might have their hands full. Another reason the sixers really need to  strike now 

The Celtics are going to have the same issue that the Sixers have which they have three guys in Tatum, Brown and Walker making more than what the cap is. So you’re not gonna be able to sign one. You’re gonna have to trade walker in that deal to bring someone back. I think the only time you’re gonna be able to do that is when he’s an expiring contract. He still has 2 years left so it’s likely not next year but the year after. Only issue then is the Celtics have a lack of assets As all of those trades they made have run out. Now when Walker leaves they get some cap Space but it’s still not enough to get a full max so they would have to do a sign and trade which is possible but you’d still would have to have somebody that wants to go there possible but I’m not sure who’s going to be on the market then 

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Celtics are going to have the same issue that the Sixers have which they have three guys in Tatum, Brown and Walker making more than what the cap is. So you’re not gonna be able to sign one. You’re gonna have to trade walker in that deal to bring someone back. I think the only time you’re gonna be able to do that is when he’s an expiring contract. He still has 2 years left so it’s likely not next year but the year after. Only issue then is the Celtics have a lack of assets As all of those trades they made have run out. Now when Walker leaves they get some cap Space but it’s still not enough to get a full max so they would have to do a sign and trade which is possible but you’d still would have to have somebody that wants to go there possible but I’m not sure who’s going to be on the market then 

You just go over the cap until you can get rid of Kemba. 

They need help though or could start to hear some rumors. BUT how stupid does Danny Angie not trading Hayward to the Pacers because he didn't think Myles Turner was worth the contract. Dude is a defensive game changer. 

39 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You just go over the cap until you can get rid of Kemba. 

They need help though or could start to hear some rumors. BUT how stupid does Danny Angie not trading Hayward to the Pacers because he didn't think Myles Turner was worth the contract. Dude is a defensive game changer. 

I’m actually interested to see how ainge uses the trade exception he got from Hayward. It’s 28.5 mil exception. Been rumors to Aaron gordon also to Harrison Barnes. 

When our shooters are just making the shots they're supposed to make, we're a very, very tough team to beat. And this is even with Curry struggling and no Harris. Credit to Ben as well. He's really upped his offensive play the last month or two.

• Like 1