**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

13 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Victor is an inefficient shooter and has had one good year. He just turned down 22 million a year so wants max money and isn't worth all the assets. 

Not to mention he is out tonight due to injury management on his right quad which he tore last year 

The rumors for a while have been that Oladipo wants to hit free agency and go to Miami.  Unless you get him for next to nothing, purely as a rental for the rest of this season, I wouldn't give up anything of real value for him.  

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

two more:

don't care.

three more: 

can't be scared.

The Nets don't have the defense to deal with Embiid and DPOTY Simmons needs to step up and do whatever he can vs Harden and Durant. And then Morey needs to figure out the Lowry deal to throw him at Kyrie (if Kyrie even plays).

It is what it is. The excuse of being scared of the other better teams in the conference is out the window. That excuse is what set this all into motion back in 2013. You can't keep hiding behind that way of thinking. 

the failure is on josh harris, we could have all the talent available butler, harden, kawhi instead he overvalued our own players and picked brett over talented players letting other teams in our conference snatch them and we are always two steps back.

i cant tell you how idiotic this organization really is because we could had a few championships after lebron left and instead it's always about josh's ego and not about winning a championship.

15 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know how willing Denver would be as sellers. Maybe not at all. Hypothetically, salaries match with Murray for Green, Scott, Maxey. I think hes a player worth giving up Maxey for without question unlike Oladipo which is obviously more debatable. My question is, how many picks is Murray worth in that deal? I kinda feel like hes underrated playing out in Denver where not many pay attention to. Is he Harden type pick compensation? If you give that, is it an offer that would entice Denver to maybe do it? I kinda feel it would be worth it. Hes under contract for 5 years. 

and what the hell happened to Gary Harris and all these 0 point games with a 9 PER?

14 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Murray worries me. He has games where is awesome and others suck, zero consistency. 

He had 9 turnovers the other day I was watching the Nuggets. 

First I don’t think Denver wants to trade Murray unless they can get an upgraded player back where Murray is included in that deal.  So the salaries might match up but I don’t see them giving up Murray unless they’re using him to get a star player back. This is an a salary dump for them as they are in the mist of jokic’s prime. 

Second I would give up a pretty nice package to get Murray because his ceiling is what you saw in the bubble last year. Still averaging 21.6ppg this year and he’s been very inconsistent this year. I think alongside Ben Simmons, Joel embiid and Tobias Harris he might be a better player then what you’re seeing in Denver cause i think he’d have better overalls starting lineup around him. 

the nuggets would be crazy to give up murray for anyone besides simmons or embiid. ridiculous to think they would. 

• Like 3

Simmons and how many 1sts? That's my question.  How many picks do you guys think it would take?

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Simmons and how many 1sts? That's my question.  How many picks do you guys think it would take?

Simmons is wildly more valuable than Murray. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the nuggets would be crazy to give up murray for anyone besides simmons or embiid. ridiculous to think they would. 

They gave Malik Beasley away for nothing and let Grant walk because they thought Porter was better so they don't have a track record of smart decisions 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Second I would give up a pretty nice package to get Murray because his ceiling is what you saw in the bubble last year. Still averaging 21.6ppg this year and he’s been very inconsistent this year. I think alongside Ben Simmons, Joel embiid and Tobias Harris he might be a better player then what you’re seeing in Denver cause i think he’d have better overalls starting lineup around him. 

You have to remember the bubble had a black screen behind the basket so were a handful of players that had crazy higher shooting % in the bubble then anywhere else. Depth perception helps a lot and never understood why March Madness is in football arenas, it definitely hurts shooters. 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Simmons is wildly more valuable than Murray. 

true. i just can't imagine why denver would want to trade murray to the 76ers unless they're getting one of ben or jojo. i mean...for who? for what? 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They gave Malik Beasley away for nothing and let Grant walk because they thought Porter was better so they don't have a track record of smart decisions 

it's a nice thought, i guess. of course the 76ers should give up any of maxey, shake, mattise, etc for murray if denver actually agreed to something crazy like that. 

• Like 1

You want this dummy running a fast break with the game on the line, like what in the f

28 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You have to remember the bubble had a black screen behind the basket so were a handful of players that had crazy higher shooting % in the bubble then anywhere else. Depth perception helps a lot and never understood why March Madness is in football arenas, it definitely hurts shooters. 

I don’t disagree. I actually think it’s why the Miami Heat were able to go on the run that they did in the bubble and the Suns to play as hot as they did. That said he still averaging 22 points per game this season and he has not been consistent. 

I would argue his February was a lot more like the bubble than his January was. In January he struggled to get to 19 points a game. In February he was averaging 25.8 points per game. So he’s becoming more consistent as the season is going on. I think some of the reasons why he struggled early on was because he didn’t have a full off-season. Go look at all the final four teams besides the Lakers all three of the other struggled to start the season. Celtics, Miami and Denver have all struggled at the start of the season. 

Also while he hasn’t been consistent he still averaging over three points per game higher than his last three-year average. From 2018 to 2020 his average was 17.8 points per game. He never had more than 18.5 points per game average. He’s all the way up at 21.6 and he hasn’t been as consistent this year. That tells me if he gets consistent there’s a good chance that number can be even better. 

I am curious to see what the clippers do at the end of this year if they don’t get to where they want to be. Kawhi can opt out of their contract which I think he would. George is locked in (*updated). If the clippers do not at least get to the finals I think they could blow that whole thing up. You could see both George and kawhi if both are willing to leave be sign and trade options. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

true. i just can't imagine why denver would want to trade murray to the 76ers unless they're getting one of ben or jojo. i mean...for who? for what?

I don't understand why you don't get that Denver is willing to help the Sixers win a chip no matter the cost to them.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, rambo said:

I don't understand why you don't get that Denver is willing to help the Sixers win a chip no matter the cost is to them.

I would be shocked if Denver even remotely considered trading Murray unless they were getting a better player back and he was part of the trade where they got a better player back. Otherwise I think they want to bring in another star to go with him and jokic

55 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I am curious to see what the clippers do at the end of this year if they don’t get to where they want to be. Kawhi can opt out of their contract which I think he would. George is a FA. If the clippers do not at least get to the finals I think they could blow that whole thing up. You could see both George and kawhi if both are willing to leave be sign and trade options. 

PG signed a massive extension a few months ago. 

4 yr(s) / $176,265,466

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would be shocked if Denver even remotely considered trading Murray unless they were getting a better player back and he was part of the trade where they got a better player back. Otherwise I think they want to bring in another star to go with him and jokic

They got Porter to dangle if they need another "star" 

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

PG signed a massive extension a few months ago. 

4 yr(s) / $176,265,466

My bad. I thought spotrac had it updated but you have to scroll all the way through to see it. I could see see kawhi opting out and leaving so still curious 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They got Porter to dangle if they need another "star" 

That’s why I don’t think they would trade Murray. I think they would use draft capital and someone like Michael Porter Junior to make that trade. Unless they were getting some sort of star like a beal or Damian Lillard and they required that being part of the trade. Otherwise I think the Nuggets are moving forward with jokic and murray as the two guys and trying to add another star

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I could see see kawhi opting out and leaving so still curious 

We can't afford him and he wouldn't sign with us anyway.  No stars want to come here in free agency.

Just now, Khani1 said:

We can't afford him and he wouldn't sign with us anyway.  No stars want to come here in free agency.

I’m more curious to see where he winds up in the NBA landscape to be honest. If he comes East it shifts the landscape again depending on where he goes. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m more curious to see where he winds up in the NBA landscape to be honest. If he comes East it shifts the landscape again depending on where he goes. 

His Uncle won't let him leave. Heck, Kawhi lives in San Diego, takes a helo to practice and games, and why was so much division last year among the team. Kawhi pretty much did what he wanted 

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

His Uncle won't let him leave. Heck, Kawhi lives in San Diego, takes a helo to practice and games, and why was so much division last year among the team. Kawhi pretty much did what he wanted 

I think there’s actually more of a chance he tries to pull a sign and trade to the Lakers and even warriors then leaves for the East. I still think the warriors are a team in play. 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

My bad. I thought spotrac had it updated but you have to scroll all the way through to see it. I could see see kawhi opting out and leaving so still curious 

That’s why I don’t think they would trade Murray. I think they would use draft capital and someone like Michael Porter Junior to make that trade. Unless they were getting some sort of star like a beal or Damian Lillard and they required that being part of the trade. Otherwise I think the Nuggets are moving forward with jokic and murray as the two guys and trying to add another star

Shake and tyrese plus a pick for murray should get it done. If you need to add filler we can do that.

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You want this dummy running a fast break with the game on the line, like what in the f

They were all dumb as eff on that. 

2 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Shake and tyrese plus a pick for murray should get it done. If you need to add filler we can do that.

Yeah Denver isn’t taking shake and Maxey for Murray. They rather have Murray. Maxey might turn out to be a good player and shake is a second unit backup and likely 7-8th man on a championship team. Denver needs another star not more role players. 

• Like 1