**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

13 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

They just said on 97.5 that Tobi is probable now.

Yup

• Like 2

I have a bad feeling the Sixers are going to get blasted in this game. I hope I’m wrong but I just have a really bad feeling that what is gonna happen

44 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I have a bad feeling the Sixers are going to get blasted in this game. I hope I’m wrong but I just have a really bad feeling that what is gonna happen

What a dumb ass foul by Embiid... Like holy hell pick up a foul with litterly no time to do anything with the ball if you steal it anyways. This is the clown crap that still tells me these guys are still to immature you can't win championships with those kinds of decisions. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What a dumb ass foul by Embiid... Like holy hell pick up a foul with litterly no time to do anything with the ball if you steal it anyways. This is the clown crap that still tells me these guys are still to immature you can't win championships with those kinds of decisions. 

It was a dumb foul but come on. Embiid is the least of this team’s worries. He’s the only reason they aren’t being run out of the gym right now. Ben, on the other hand, is back to playing timid. This is the kind of game where he NEEDS to play that aggressive style. Frankly he hasn’t even been very good on the defensive end tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And at this very moment I really don’t think the Sixers are a top-five team. We might have a record of one of the top five teams in the NBA. However I would say the jazz, Nets, Lakers when healthy, Suns and clippers are better teams. I’m curious to see what the Phoenix Suns do you at the trade deadline. If they’re able to add a fringe All-Star or another All-Star to that roster they’re super dangerous

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

And at this very moment I really don’t think the Sixers are a top-five team. We might have a record of one of the top five teams in the NBA. However I would say the jazz, Nets, Lakers when healthy, Suns and clippers are better teams. I’m curious to see what the Phoenix Suns do you at the trade deadline. If they’re able to add a fringe All-Star or another All-Star to that roster they’re super dangerous

Eh, I still think they’re a top team. It’s just unfortunate that Curry is slumping so hard. I still think they can pull this game out if SOMEONE will start giving Jo a little help. He’s single-handidly keeping them in this. Simmons needs to step the F up and start playing aggressive ball. Shots aren’t falling, so quit looking for the open shooter and take it to the rim. 

Anyway back to the point of whether they’re a top 5 team, I do believe they are, but as of right now they aren’t going to contend for the title unless they make a move or two. Ideally neither Curry nor Green should be starters, but you really have to at least upgrade one of those spots and move one of them to the bench. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

It was a dumb foul but come on. Embiid is the least of this team’s worries. He’s the only reason they aren’t being run out of the gym right now. Ben, on the other hand, is back to playing timid. This is the kind of game where he NEEDS to play that aggressive style. Frankly he hasn’t even been very good on the defensive end tonight. 

I really don’t think the big three the Sixers have is the biggest problem they have tonight. Could Harris and Simmons be better? Yes.

However when you get three points out of two of your five starters you are going to have a tough time beating the better teams in the league. We’ve been saying this for over a month now you can’t have curry and Green both start. They’re way too inconsistent night to night to have both of them in your starting lineup. You can have one but you can’t have both. You can have one inconsistent starter but your other four better be pretty consistent nightly to beat the better teams in the league. Curry and Green are wildly inconsistent. They are both probably better off being bench guys.

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Eh, I still think they’re a top team. It’s just unfortunate that Curry is slumping so hard. I still think they can pull this game out if SOMEONE will start giving Jo a little help. He’s single-handidly keeping them in this. Simmons needs to step the F up and start playing aggressive ball. Shots aren’t falling, so quit looking for the open shooter and take it to the rim. 

Anyway back to the point of whether they’re a top 5 team, I do, but as of right now they aren’t going to contend for the title unless they make a move or two. Ideally neither Curry nor Green should be starters, but you really have to at least upgrade on of those spots and move one of them to the bench. 

I don’t know I’ve watched a lot of those teams I think the suns are just a better team than the Sixers. The Suns are killing it right now. Legitimately they are second in the west right now and they have a lot of depth. They also have some assets that they can trade to get themselves a pretty nice player at the deadline. Then I look at the Lakers, I think they’re a better team and Anthony Davis is healthy. The jazz in my opinion are definitely better than the sixers. And I would argue the Nets are also better in the Sixers. The Sixers could be the fifth team in the top five. But I wouldn’t put them in the top three

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I really don’t think the big three the Sixers have is the biggest problem they have tonight. Could Harris and Simmons be better? Yes.

However when you get three points out of two of your five starters you are going to have a tough time beating the better teams in the league. We’ve been saying this for over a month now you can’t have curry and Green both start. They’re way too inconsistent night to night to have both of them in your starting lineup. You can have one but you can’t have both. You can have one inconsistent starter but your other four better be pretty consistent nightly to beat the better teams in the league. Curry and Green are wildly inconsistent. They are both probably better off being bench guys.

Agree. Between Curry and Green sucking, along with Kork’s general suckiness off the bench, it’s going to be tough to beat the better teams. I know the G League season is almost over and they sent Joe down to get more minutes but honestly I’d rather they just kept him on the roster and gave him all of Kork’s minutes. 

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

100% the least of their worries I'm not denying that and he has been amazing. It's just unnecessary that's all. The little things like that add up. 

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

Agree. Between Curry and Green sucking, along with Kork’s general suckiness off the bench, it’s going to be tough to beat the better teams. I know the G League season is almost over and they sent Joe down to get more minutes but honestly I’d rather they just kept him on the roster and gave him all of Kork’s minutes. 

I would like to see Paul Reed get some run. He’s been killing it down in the G league. He should be getting minutes because even if he gives you average bench play that’s better than what you’re getting most nights from the Sixers bench. I’m with you on Joe I would’ve like to see him get minutes here because they’re only going to benefit him when they get to the playoffs and him be more comfortable in the offense and on defense. Korkmaz is what he is. He’s not good enough consistently to be part of the rotation on a title team. 

One of the reasons why I keep mentioning Orlando and try to go get Evan Fournier and ross is because it solves two problems. One now you have shake, Ross, Dwight Howard, Thybulle off your bench and still have your trade exception to go add somebody to the bench. And Evan Fournier lets me upgrade from Danny Green and gives me another consistent scoring option which what the sixers badly need 

I’ve never been a Green fan, and he’s certainly not changing my mind. 

FINALLY Curry hits one. Only down 3 now.  Be nice if that shot falling gets Curry going. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

why did Dwight Howard just make a 3? :o

The apocalypse is happening 

Dwight Fing Howard willing them back into this game. What a damn block. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Kork... that pass... idiot. 

Dude shouldn’t be part of the rotation. They should have just gave Joe his minutes instead of sending him to the G League to play. 

• Like 1

not sure what this would do for us. I guess this just at least lets us know what his value is around the league. Maybe if theres a deal for a star to be done, we can eventually move him for a pick if that team would want.

Doc better not bring green back in. He’s literally giving you nothing tonight on offense. Might as well just go thybulle if that’s the case. 

why the hell did that JO Embiid just let the ball roll out of bounds? F ing D head. Just to act for a call that wasnt there? Just gave away a possession. 

Our 3 point defense Hs been awful tonight.  just let the jazz shooters take wide open threes.