**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 hours ago, bbabraham said:

When our shooters are just making the shots they're supposed to make, we're a very, very tough team to beat. And this is even with Curry struggling and no Harris. Credit to Ben as well. He's really upped his offensive play the last month or two.

i dunno..  there are certain posters in this thread who've said simmons is who he is, and i think they may be right.  he's gonna get shut down in the playoffs.  let's just put him on the trade block and get what surprises us before he tanks his value again.  we all know he does not have a jump shot and has not improved AT ALL since his rookie year because of that.  also, this is a LIE:

Defensive Player Ladder: Ben Simmons steals No. 1 spot | NBA.com

ben simmons does NOT have elite defense.  there's some metric out there that says he doesn't...  we're better off getting what we can (2 good players, maybe?) for him.  don't forget that simmons will NEVER work with embiid.

doc, morey, and the team may say glowing things about simmons...  but this is just GM speak.  they secretly want to move simmons, don't fall for it.  if pompey and his sources say simmons had his bags packed, they are more reliable than morey saying he wanted to shut down the noise of trading ben simmons ever since he got here.

also, simmons ONLY upped his game recently because he was told to pack his bags.  it's COMPLETELY the true story.  it's not like he was injured last year and was still recovering...  and may be now, you know..  getting closer to what he was before (22/9/8 15 games before ASB last year -- 21/7/8 currently).  he just upped his game cause he was about to be traded..  yeah.

• Haha 1

Thanks for your weekly check in!!

Did you copy that from your blog post? You might want to use grammarly.com before the teacher gives you an F for not knowing how to write a sentence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Thanks for your weekly check in!!

Did you copy that from your blog post? You might want to use grammarly.com before the teacher gives you an F for not knowing how to write a sentence. 

it's cute that all you can do now is result to insults since stats and reality don't back you up.

i guess only one of us watches the games now.

23 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Every time i watch bojan bogdonavic play it just pissed me off as he’s nailing threes and would’ve been such a better and cheaper move than al horford. 

What is Horford up to these days?

11 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

What is Horford up to these days?

14 points 7 boards just under 4 assists. 

bojan last two years 

Also shooting 41 percent from three

60D3DCBD-C2A5-47A5-A4F6-C4DFD5AF4264.jpeg

I don't blame Morey for wanting to see what this team (+ trade deadline tinkering) can do. Playoffs Embiid has never been dialed in to this extent, and passing out of the double the way he is currently, and Simmons didn't play last postseason and you saw what happened there. Had Simmons played last postseason and the result remained the same he wouldn't still be here today. Alas, we now have to give this group, with competent team design via Morey, a shot. 

Add a shooter and defender at the deadline and let's see how they do vs the Nets. 

roster construction is tough when you have 3 players taking up almost the entire salary cap (ben, jo, tobi).  you can tweak the rest of the roster & hope you hit on some guys playing really well while still on their rookie deals or find a vet or 2 willing to play for the vet min...but you're basically handcuffed from making any major moves unless you're willing to pay a sheetload of luxury tax like golden state does. 

that's the modern nba though...the good teams have 2-3 superstars taking up most of the cap room.  you just have to make sure you have the right 2-3 superstars. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

roster construction is tough when you have 3 players taking up almost the entire salary cap (ben, jo, tobi).  you can tweak the rest of the roster & hope you hit on some guys playing really well while still on their rookie deals or find a vet or 2 willing to play for the vet min...but you're basically handcuffed from making any major moves unless you're willing to pay a sheetload of luxury tax like golden state does. 

that's the modern nba though...the good teams have 2-3 superstars taking up most of the cap room.  you just have to make sure you have the right 2-3 superstars. 

And what Morey is masterful at. He was running a team with a hand behind his back at Houston because they didn't want to pay luxury tax. 

Why in my opinion I would be shocked not to see Danny Green traded. He is the best asset the Sixers have, a 13 million dollar expiring deal with 8 million in an Horford trade exception. 

• Like 1

I think I would go after Patty Mills and Buddy Heidl as my first options. Mills is expiring contract and Buddy has a favorable contract as the years go on. 

Fight fire with fire and have Joel, Ben, Thybulle as defensive guys. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think I would go after Patty Mills and Buddy Heidl as my first options. Mills is expiring contract and Buddy has a favorable contract as the years go on. 

Fight fire with fire and have Joel, Ben, Thybulle as defensive guys. 

Buddy's ppg are down 3 from his last two years yet he is playing 3 more minutes a game.  What is happening?

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Buddy's ppg are down 3 from his last two years yet he is playing 3 more minutes a game.  What is happening?

Luke Walton is a crappy coach tbh. As an Arizona guy and actually a friend on that staff (played basketball with in high school and friends since) he leaves a lot to be desired as a coach. He’s a better assistant than a head coach. It’s kind of obvious now but was told at the time when the warriors had success with him it was more cause of the talent and what Kerr asked him to do with the squad. He wasn’t implementing his stuff and how he wanted things done. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

His shooting % is definitely down, but to me best bet money and fit wise. You hope Joel and him can mimic Joel and Redick a bit. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

His shooting % is definitely down, but to me best bet money and fit wise. You hope Joel and him can mimic Joel and Redick a bit. 

Would we will be able to acquire him without giving up Maxey?  A 1st, Danny and some fillers?

hield would give them a 4th guy making over $20 mill per year :lol:  so don't expect any kind of depth whatsoever. 

29 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

hield would give them a 4th guy making over $20 mill per year :lol:  so don't expect any kind of depth whatsoever. 

Honestly i think the better bet is to go to Orlando try to get Fournier and ross. Orlando is toast and they want to clear cap space this offseason. You could send them about 30 mil in expiring contracts, Maxey and pick(s) and take ross off their hands since he has multiple years left. Fournier is an expiring but they get an extra 13 mil in expiring doing the type of deal i posted a couple days ago. I’d be willing to bet Orlando is willing to unload ross to get potentially 30 mil in money cleared for 2021 offseason. Sixers would still have their MLE and trade exception of 8.2 mil

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly i think the better bet is to go to Orlando try to get Fournier and ross. Orlando is toast and they want to clear cap space this offseason. You could send them about 30 mil in expiring contracts, Maxey and pick(s) and take ross off their hands since he has multiple years left. Fournier is an expiring but they get an extra 13 mil in expiring doing the type of deal i posted a couple days ago. I’d be willing to bet Orlando is willing to unload ross to get potentially 30 mil in money cleared for 2021 offseason. Sixers would still have their MLE and trade exception of 8.2 mil

A fan of Ross and he can create his own shot which this team struggles with at times. His catch and shot from 3 was basically the same as Green last time I checked 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

A fan of Ross and he can create his own shot which this team struggles with at times. His catch and shot from 3 was basically the same as Green last time I checked 

It’s a move that makes a ton of sense for the sixers. Not sure the magic would be accepting of what you offer back or if they got better offers. 

49 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Is Tobi available tonight?

I wouldn’t play him. I’d let him get all the rest he has and through the all star weekend 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t play him. I’d let him get all the rest he has and through the all star weekend 

Sucks but probably the smart move. This is a team that NEEDS home court to have a shot. Things are too tight with the Nets right now to take any game lightly. But, better than rushing Harris back and re-aggravating that injury. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Sucks but probably the smart move. This is a team that NEEDS home court to have a shot. Things are too tight with the Nets right now to take any game lightly. But, better than rushing Harris back and re-aggravating that injury. 

Ideally you really want him to win this game. Cause you are right it’s tight and the sixers need home court. The second round you are facing either nets or bucks (likely bucks). If you are the one it’s Miami, Boston or Toronto or knicks. I feel much better about reaching Ecf going through Miami, Boston or Toronto. Sixers haven’t fared great against Toronto but i like their chances better against those three then bucks or nets. Kind of hope if you are the two you get knicks in round 1 not Boston, Miami or Toronto