**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Ben and Embiid still need to grow up.  Nothing has changed apparently.  

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have referenced that piece over and over again in here, where he admits he needs to be pushed like that.

But the problem is Brett Brown as a players coach, and if he tried to call out Simmons publicly, Simmons still did the opposite to spite him.

Then, what to the 6ers do to replace Brown? Simmons needed a rah rah guy, and they went and got Doc Rivers instead. Had Doc done any research on his team prior to taking over, he would have known this. But what did he do? He doubled down on the coddling.

The one time he publicly called Ben out- after our playoff loss- what does Ben say? The relationship is irreparable and he wants out.

So, on one hand, the 6ers havent given Ben the type of tough love he says he needs to make him better. While on the other hand, anytime Ben got even a slight dose of that, he has gotten mad and responded exactly the opposite way.

Honestly, I think that quote is just Ben's idea of himself. The reality is, he's a little bish, so afraid of publicly looking bad as he develops his shot that he'd rather just not have a shot at all. Maybe I've reached peak cynicism with Ben, but I just think if you gotta tell a NBA point guard in his 5th year, "Hey buddy, maybe it'd be nice if you developed a jumper" it's already a lost cause.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

lots of simmons talk on siriusxm nba radio right now...and pompey is supposed to be on in about 15 min. 

nevemind....it was pointless....and now there's a caller suggesting harrison barnes for simmons straight up. don't waste your time like i just did. 

• Haha 1

I underestimated just how much of a pussy Ben is and how stupid Lillard is for giving Portland another shot.  I really figured after he came back from the Olympics and realized Portland did nothing to even come close to competing in the West he'd want out.  Instead he's good with them just adding Nance?  What a loser.

22 minutes ago, rambo said:

I underestimated just how much of a pussy Ben is and how stupid Lillard is for giving Portland another shot.  I really figured after he came back from the Olympics and realized Portland did nothing to even come close to competing in the West he'd want out.  Instead he's good with them just adding Nance?  What a loser.

Lillard is like Beal in that they just like living where they are at. 

7 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Off topic but interesting 

I wonder if Flat Earther is considered a religion. Hmm....

uncle_drew_UD_D006_03595_R2_rgb.jpg

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, rambo said:

Or Portland is quietly confident that they can get Simmons for McCollum and Lillard likes the idea of that addition.  Him staying "for now" is what is keeping that option in play for them, if they want it. 

Usually in a situation like this that doesn't make much sense, I assume there is info we don't have that changes things.  This could be it.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have referenced that piece over and over again in here, where he admits he needs to be pushed like that.

But the problem is Brett Brown as a players coach, and if he tried to call out Simmons publicly, Simmons still did the opposite to spite him.

Then, what to the 6ers do to replace Brown? Simmons needed a rah rah guy, and they went and got Doc Rivers instead. Had Doc done any research on his team prior to taking over, he would have known this. But what did he do? He doubled down on the coddling.

The one time he publicly called Ben out- after our playoff loss- what does Ben say? The relationship is irreparable and he wants out.

So, on one hand, the 6ers havent given Ben the type of tough love he says he needs to make him better. While on the other hand, anytime Ben got even a slight dose of that, he has gotten mad and responded exactly the opposite way.

One of the teams still interested in his is supposedly the Spurs. The idea of this diva paying for Pop would be reality TV worthy. 

Not that I care about the Blazers but doesn't Dame handle the ball most of the time?  How is he and Ben a good back court fit?  Obviously that is a talented back court but it seems that Ben and CJ would be a better basketball fit. 

4 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

Not that I care about the Blazers but doesn't Dame handle the ball most of the time?  How is he and Ben a good back court fit?  Obviously that is a talented back court but it seems that Ben and CJ would be a better basketball fit. 

Ben probably needs to play the 4 wherever he goes. I think his days as a point guard are over unless he's on a total bottom feeder that doesn't play in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

He can play a Draymond role but couldn't do it with Embiid. Impossible to get the best of his abilities with a dominant post player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Along these lines Tryone said on Mikey Miss today that Maxey himself has come out and said Philly is where he wants to be.  It will be interesting to see if Maxey participates in some of these upcoming Delaware Valley events that he was slotted in for. 

I am not a sixers fan, listening to 97.5 right now, I still can not believe how many fans make excuses and want Simmons back.  Absolutely baffling.  

Who the hell want's a guy that flat out refuses to shoot a basketball out of fear.

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

chris broussard making sheet up & it winds up being a headline. nba internet is the absolute worst. 

Yeah but he’s got spacer.png

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

JJ Redick and the Sixers told him he needs to shoot with the other hand like dude everyone can see it. No one is going to care if ends up working, but he was too cool and embarrassed to even try. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah.. the 6ers didnt develop him right though it was him running away to LA playing house with Kendall and occasionally working out with his brother in law.