**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Excerpt from that article:

Danny A back in 2008 would then turn those picks into vet players and win one. Except...4 first round picks in the late 20s don't amount to crap.

Sounds silly because Russel isnt all that, but Id like that deal a lot more with him added and a few less draft considerations.

Its a really, really strong offer if we were a rebuilding team. But we need a little more firepower right now. Beasley is nice, but not enough. Okogie and McDaniels, solid young players but not good enough right now...

Thinking about the next move, you also need his salary. You cant just trade all those picks for the star. Need salary to match a deal. 

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

JJ Redick and the Sixers told him he needs to shoot with the other hand like dude everyone can see it. No one is going to care if ends up working, but he was too cool and embarrassed to even try. 

Not supposed to be you are you right handed mental moron

1 hour ago, rambo said:

Only problem is you're getting trash picks for most of those years. 

That core is three of the biggest underachievers in this league minis Edwards. I don't see deep playoff runs with them or lasting long together. KAT will want out soon enough. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That core is three of the biggest underachievers in this league minis Edwards. I don't see deep playoff runs with them or lasting long together. KAT will want out soon enough. 

I tend to think they’d probably be 7-9th in the west behind Lakers, clippers, Suns, utah, golden state and Denver when healthy. Could argue dallas if they figure a way to get another player to pair up with luka 5eveb without they might although Ben actually defends well against luka) and the Grizzlies depending on how their guys develop going forward. 

15 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

I wonder if Flat Earther is considered a religion. Hmm....

uncle_drew_UD_D006_03595_R2_rgb.jpg

He converted to Islam recently. He is going to use that to try and get a religious exemption 

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tend to think they’d probably be 7-9th in the west behind Lakers, clippers, Suns, utah, golden state and Denver when healthy. Could argue dallas if they figure a way to get another player to pair up with luka 5eveb without they might although Ben actually defends well against luka) and the Grizzlies depending on how their guys develop going forward. 

Luka himself makes the Mavs a 50 win team. 

8 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I agree i take those picks

just do something like this already. it's not dame...and it's not ideal. but it gets ben out of philly. 

image.thumb.png.b5d7925aa2ed2e84e1e4b920aacda167.png

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

just do something like this already. it's not dame...and it's not ideal. but it gets ben out of philly. 

image.thumb.png.b5d7925aa2ed2e84e1e4b920aacda167.png

You just can't. I would call his bluff. 

I call Rich Paul right now and ask him if he wants another big commission check. Then Simmons for Lavine straight up and agree to pay LaVine the max today. 

I think that may be on the high side of possible deals at this point.  I'd actually be somewhat OK with McCollum at this point only because I don't see any other veteran player of that caliber or better being available for a Simmons deal.   I really want this whole situation to be over but I think I'm going to hate the ultimate result.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the Minnesota deal.  If Sacramento is really out with Fox or Hali, it just seems like the most likely match.  You can't take the Hield deal. 

16 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You just can't. I would call his bluff. 

I call Rich Paul right now and ask him if he wants another big commission check. Then Simmons for Lavine straight up and agree to pay LaVine the max today. 

Is Chicago really going to move Lavine?  I'd be shocked if they don't at least have that line up play together until the trade deadline before they would consider that.

LaVine a few weeks ago. He is an UFA after this year and you wonder why he hasn't been extended but they signed DeRozen who is pretty similar styles

"I try to let my performance obviously on the court dictate what I get. I think that’s what everybody wants, to get paid what they’re worth, and when my time comes I definitely will get that,” LaVine said, via NBC Sports Chicago’s Rob Schaefer. "I think with different situations with different people taking less money or taking the max, it’s a business at the end of the day. And I definitely want what I deserve, and whatever that is, I’ll have it coming to me."

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Luka himself makes the Mavs a 50 win team. 

I think they are more in the 46-48 win range. They played 72 games they won 42. Meaning they’d have to go 8-2 in the last 10 games to make it to 50. Plus they won 4 games against the Lakers without Lebron and the warriors without Klay. The more i think about it the more i think they are definitively better then the wolves even if the wolves get Simmons though. So Minnesota likely at best 8 

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

chicago just had a really active offseason & i've heard nothing about lavine wanting to leave. 

I believe he actually said he wanted to stay. I posted the tweets a couple weeks back right around the start of free agency. 

Also factor in he’s with klutch sports agency now so that doesn’t bode well for the sixers 

47 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I think that may be on the high side of possible deals at this point.  I'd actually be somewhat OK with McCollum at this point only because I don't see any other veteran player of that caliber or better being available for a Simmons deal.   I really want this whole situation to be over but I think I'm going to hate the ultimate result.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the Minnesota deal.  If Sacramento is really out with Fox or Hali, it just seems like the most likely match.  You can't take the Hield deal. 

that's kind of where i am at this point. i'm not expecting anything great...especially with the sixers having no leverage. mccolllum + 1 other piece might be it. 

minnesota...i don't really get if none of their 4 best players are involved. hield would be a disaster...at least cj can create some.  

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

that's kind of where i am at this point. i'm not expecting anything great...especially with the sixers having no leverage. mccolllum + 1 other piece might be it. 

minnesota...i don't really get if none of their 4 best players are involved. hield would be a disaster...at least cj can create some.  

Yeah.  CJ over Hield all day.  Hield is completely useless unless he's shooting.  CJ at least showed he can run some point when Lillard is out.

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I find it humorous the kings believe they are gonna do a deal of just hield and bagley. Bagley sucks and is a bust. Hield they were trying to give away earlier in the offseason and besides the Lakers never got close 

• Like 2

I mentioned the possibility of Simmons teaming up with Dame in Portland the other day a possible reason Dame decided to stay. Maybe something to that. This type of social media stuff usually ends up being nonsense but…

8 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I mentioned the possibility of Simmons teaming up with Dame in Portland the other day a possible reason Dame decided to stay. Maybe something to that. This type of social media stuff usually ends up being nonsense but…

Even with Ben that Portland team is Destined to be the 7 or 8 seed in the west. Lakers, Suns, utah, Clippers, warriors are definitively better than them. I’d add when healthy the nuggets and mavs would be as well.