**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

First game of the year for me to be able to watch.   Sorry.  

Embiid looks horrendous 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

First game of the year for me to be able to watch.   Sorry.  

Eh i figured the Knicks would come out and play like they have so far tonight considering they lost to Orlando last night. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Embiid looks horrendous 

Doesn't look interested. Maybe partied hard last night 

The Knicks are cutting off lanes to the hoop and the Sixers aren’t adjusting. Where the hell is the midrange game? Maxey looks really bad. Kork can’t hit the side of a barn tonight. 

Look bad. I was a little worried about this possibility when I bought tickets to the Knicks game in Philly a few weeks from now. I might have paid to see them get their butts kicked. 

Anyone else noticing Joel has been completely avoiding the paint every game so far,  even without the excuse that he is making space for Ben?

He has to go live in the low post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Anyone else noticing Joel has been completely avoiding the paint every game so far,  even without the excuse that he is making space for Ben?

He has to go live in the low post.

He hasn't looked great this year from a scoring perspective. Someone else in the thread said that it wasn't sustainable for him to be carrying that much of the load each night and trying to add things to his game. Without a point guard he looks to be bringing the ball up and trying to add assist numbers.

I think it's also what has been called on offense. He is clearing out to either set screens for Curry, for Maxey to try and use his speed and get to the rim and for Tobi to try and get deep and exploit matchups in the post. 

Shaq highlighted his positioning last night and said he was getting pushed out too easily which is true. I'm wondering if there is some frustration there with how he is being used or if it's just him trying to conserve himself with his body not holding up in previous seasons. He did look frustrated against OKC where he has position a number of times and they didn't go to him. 

I think the fact he hasn't been getting to the line anywhere near as much shows he has been working a lot near the midrange. I have also noticed he hasn't gone to the swim move where he swings his arms up to get the reach.  However I'm not sure if that has to do with the rule changes or not.

16 minutes ago, Mat said:

He hasn't looked great this year from a scoring perspective. Someone else in the thread said that it wasn't sustainable for him to be carrying that much of the load each night and trying to add things to his game. Without a point guard he looks to be bringing the ball up and trying to add assist numbers.

I think it's also what has been called on offense. He is clearing out to either set screens for Curry, for Maxey to try and use his speed and get to the rim and for Tobi to try and get deep and exploit matchups in the post. 

Shaq highlighted his positioning last night and said he was getting pushed out too easily which is true. I'm wondering if there is some frustration there with how he is being used or if it's just him trying to conserve himself with his body not holding up in previous seasons. He did look frustrated against OKC where he has position a number of times and they didn't go to him. 

I think the fact he hasn't been getting to the line anywhere near as much shows he has been working a lot near the midrange. I have also noticed he hasn't gone to the swim move where he swings his arms up to get the reach.  However I'm not sure if that has to do with the rule changes or not.

He has always been used as a screener, and that's fine.  To an extent. 

He also needs to be in the low post a lot.

He can pass out of there.  He doesn't need to bring the ball up the court and act like a point center to get assists. 

He just appears more of the same from many previous slumps as far as playing soft on offense. And it's always been frustrating but it could be explained by him being a team player and letting Simmons have room to drive. But that excuse doesn't exist right now. 

And yeah that swim move is not gonna work with the new rules.

random observation from last night's game...maxey passed up a few wide open threes. his defender was giving him a lot of space...not quite as much as they give simmons...but still a lot....and maxey didn't put up threes. he needs to fix that asap. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

no worries, folks. shake will  be back soon to push maxey back to the bench where he belongs. 

Gives the team a chance to win now and KPJ is turning into a good wing player with playmaking abilities. 

Screenshot_20211026-210446.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

random observation from last night's game...maxey passed up a few wide open threes. his defender was giving him a lot of space...not quite as much as they give simmons...but still a lot....and maxey didn't put up threes. he needs to fix that asap. 

Saw that.  I think he was struggling with his shot last night and that was probably the result.  He was hesitant.  He just got shoved into a big role on this team.  I'll give him time until he gets more comfortable.  I have no clue what Doc is doing on offense to start this season.  It has no rhyme or reason.  While Maxey is the "PG" it's basically been him bringing up past half court and passing it to a guy coming off a screen behind the 3 pt line.  Doc still running the Ben half court offense including putting Maxey in the dunkers spot.  He's going to start drawing more and more heat if he keeps it up.  Have we even ran a pick and roll yet this season?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rambo said:

Saw that.  I think he was struggling with his shot last night and that was probably the result.  He was hesitant.  He just got shoved into a big role on this team.  I'll give him time until he gets more comfortable.  I have no clue what Doc is doing on offense to start this season.  It has no rhyme or reason.  While Maxey is the "PG" it's basically been him bringing up past half court and passing it to a guy coming off a screen behind the 3 pt line.  Doc still running the Ben half court offense including putting Maxey in the dunkers spot.  He's going to start drawing more and more heat if he keeps it up.  Have we even ran a pick and roll yet this season?

I am not a Rubio fan but I would trade a future 1st for him even if they are waiting for Dame/Beal. 

Or even Dragic. This team is desperate for a lead guard. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

He was also trying to fight through 2 and sometimes 3 guys to go for a layup instead of kicking out to an open man. I'm not saying he can't learn, but the kid isn't a point guard right now 

Watching the Hawks play and they could outbid the Sixers for Beal and its not close so I would X him off. 

They are just loaded at pretty much every option when Okongwu, C, comes back from shoulder surgery.

They could give Bogdanovic, Reddish, Jalen Johnson, and if have too Huerter or Hunter for Beal.

Reddish is looking like he is coming into own and by the trade deadline is going to be a great asset to trade since he wasn't extended. 

Nevermind about Hunter, dude is straight lockdown defender