**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Tom McGinnis doing the game!!! 

So much better.  He's a true play by play guy that Ala can play off.   Kate needs to take notes.  Play by play is different than color commentary.  I don't need her womansplaining the whole game.  Call the game and let the color commentary do the fill in.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

man its like a different game against the Hawks when Simmons isnt stopping our offense, and Young isnt constantly cheating his way to the line. 

Young is done now that he doesn't get the pussy irregular shooting foul calls.  Dude lived on defenders not being allowed to be within 3 feet of him because he'd contort his qtip into you and it'd be a foul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rambo said:

So much better.  He's a true play by play guy that Ala can play off.   Kate needs to take notes.  Play by play is different than color commentary.  I don't need her womansplaining the whole game.  Call the game and let the color commentary do the fill in.

Young is done now that he doesn't get the pussy irregular shooting foul calls.  Dude lived on defenders not being allowed to be within 3 feet of him because he'd contort his qtip into you and it'd be a foul.

You’d think he would be cause harden was having a similar issue as young getting foul calls. Then yesterday somehow harden gets 19 free throws. 

21 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

As a starting guard sure, but not as a back up guard that can steady a team and can run an offense. 

15 ppg, 7.2 assists, 4.2 boards, 35% from 3 in 28 minutes isn't trash this year, but sure you watched him play this year. 

But you said you wanted him to run the team. Did you mean second unit?

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

But you said you wanted him to run the team. Did you mean second unit?

Those 3 guys I mentioned can run a 1st team while the Sixers either get Simmons back or trade for a legit lead guard. Then you slide them to the 2nd unit. 

Danny Green can be traded in a few days as well as other FA that signed over the over. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

23 minutes; 11 points, 4 steals and 3 blocks 

As I was saying, Simmons defense is really good/great but, he still isn't even the best defender on his team. 

53 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Also had 3 boards and 2 assists.  A very productive 23 minutes.  If he ever gets his O game solid he'd be a great all around player.

From the highlights I saw McGinnis sounded a bit mellower on TV than on the radio.  Wonder if you can sync the radio broadcast to the TV one and listen to him the way you can sync Merrill & Mike to Eagles TV broadcasts?

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

As I was saying, Simmons defense is really good/great but, he still isn't even the best defender on his team. 

If he could just develop a corner 3 they could finally trade Danny Green. 

35 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

If he could just develop a corner 3 they could finally trade Danny Green. 

He has taken I think 10 shots from 3 so far this season. He did whiff on one completely in this game, but his shot has looked better. I'd like to see the number per game increase and see what his percentage is like then 

9 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Also had 3 boards and 2 assists.  A very productive 23 minutes.  If he ever gets his O game solid he'd be a great all around player.

I just dont think he is going to. He was an older prospect when drafted. Played all 4 years of college. And is now already in year 3 of the NBA career. He has added absolutely 0 offense to his game. Not even a corner 3 yet. Not even a little bit. 

54 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I just dont think he is going to. He was an older prospect when drafted. Played all 4 years of college. And is now already in year 3 of the NBA career. He has added absolutely 0 offense to his game. Not even a corner 3 yet. Not even a little bit. 

Yeah.  I don't see his offensive game evolving but damn is he fun to watch on defense.  He put on a clinic against the Hawks. Maxey was asked about how he defended in the game and he just said he wants to be like Matisse. 

I've read the 6ers are 2nd in the league in offensive rating. Behind Utah.

Without Ben. Or even a real PG. Or a closer.

Imagine if we had even added a player like Brogdon to what this team is already capable of, and had Maxey on that Bench unit with a green light to score at will. 

I am still banking on the idea that Morey and Rivers are just playing politics with the Ben "inching closer", to raise his trade value.  As much as I would look forward to the theatre of him playing in a Sixers uniform, at home.  He needs to go...period.  I don't want to see his face.  And it would be ugly if he walks out onto that floor again.  ESPN would have a field day with Philly fans based on what were to happen.  It could be a safety issue, honestly.  Someone sitting down on the floor could get hit with something.  Bad idea.  

confirmed: dame is heading to philly today!!!

blazers at sixers tonite. go sixers!  :whistle:  

• Haha 1

I was honestly impressed with Maxey’s defense against Atlanta. Thought he did a nice job on Young. Couple tough fouls, sure, but he challenged him and forced a lot of contested shots. 

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

confirmed: dame is heading to philly today!!!

blazers at sixers tonite. go sixers!  :whistle:  

Dame looks just horrible so far. Not sure if he is sand bagging it or his abs are still injured 

23 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Thybulle's defense is a thing of absolute beauty. He had so many amazing plays!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hope I can pay for stuff with SHIB when I go to the game next week.

How many zeros are we dropping in the next 5 months?

41 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

How many zeros are we dropping in the next 5 months?

All 4 bro!

• Haha 2