**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Well, he did account for that possibility when he added his statement that hes not just going to run when the times are tough. Morey, the rest of the FO, and all of our fans need to take that reality check too. 

He doesnt want to leave. They dont want to trade him. And even if those parties agreed to part ways, he doesnt want to come here anyway. Im over it. On top of all that, he sucks this year. 

This.  It’s not happening.  Move on

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Well, he did account for that possibility when he added his statement that hes not just going to run when the times are tough. Morey, the rest of the FO, and all of our fans need to take that reality check too. 

He doesnt want to leave. They dont want to trade him. And even if those parties agreed to part ways, he doesnt want to come here anyway. Im over it. On top of all that, he sucks this year. 

Even if it’s not here his loyalty shouldn’t be to an organization that’s done a **** job putting a team around that’s good enough to win a title. They’ve run the same core for about 3-4 years now with minor adds and they known it wasn’t good enough. Plus their GM deserved to be fired 

I’d Be willing to bet if the blazers miss the playoffs this year (not counting the play in) and not very good to start next year he changes that tune. Also think their GM gets fired at some point and they are going to have to make the decision to trade him when he has value instead of waiting too long. I just don’t think it’s going to be this year. 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Niang and Drummond are probaby the best veteran FA signings in this city since Blount and Long 

Such an upgrade over Mike Scott and Dwight Howard.  I can't imagine any scenario where Mike Scott would've gotten us 21/5/5 tonight like Niang did. 

I was also interested to see Danny vs RoCo in the battle of washed up wings.  RoCo put up a zero last week and had another zero tonight.  Poor guy is cooked.  Why do the Blazers keep starting him?  Look at these last 5 games:

image.png.91e8ef3ee5f3ee09b24d61fefd88ae35.png

Dame deserves better than this. 

3 hours ago, therealdawk said:

Nickname for Anthony Gargano.  97.5 The Fanatic 10:00a-2:00p host. 

That spazz?   You’re citing him as a source for anything credible?   I thought that’s who you meant, but couldn’t believe it.  Sheesh.  

Well, that was unexpected. Bench is so much better this year with Niang and Drummond in the mix. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Well, that was unexpected. Bench is so much better this year with Niang and Drummond in the mix. 

The bench actually keeps us in the game now instead of just bleeding away a lead.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

The bench actually keeps us in the game now instead of just bleeding away a lead.

That was kind of a schedule loss for the Blazers, too.  Traveled west coast to east coast and it was the second of a b2b.  Either way still a good performance without Tobi and Embiid.  Ball movement was excellent.  I think at one point in the 1st half they had 21 buckets on 18 assists.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rambo said:

That was kind of a schedule loss for the Blazers, too.  Traveled west coast to east coast and it was the second of a b2b.  Either way still a good performance without Tobi and Embiid.  Ball movement was excellent.  I think at one point in the 1st half they had 21 buckets on 18 assists.

I’m only pissed because I totally didn’t see a lick of this game due to other obligations.  I wanted to see the ball movement and adjustments you referenced with key starters out: how they adapted and made it work.  Thankfully, I have NBA TV and should be able to catch all that tonight after work.  Otherwise, great win with a significantly handicapped lineup.

1 minute ago, MIRV Griffen said:

I’m only pissed because I totally didn’t see a lick of this game due to other obligations.  I wanted to see the ball movement and adjustments you referenced with key starters out: how they adapted and made it work.  Thankfully, I have NBA TV and should be able to catch all that tonight after work.  Otherwise, great win with a significantly handicapped lineup.

I had it on in the background while getting some house work done and kept waiting for the Dame and CJ to heat up and put it out of reach since it seemed every time the Sixers built up a good lead Blazers would come storming back.  Finally sat down to watch 4th and wasn't disappointed for once in a close game.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Yeah I rarely see the game live. I finally broke down and got YouTube TV for sports and added the League Pass package to it so I can just watch the games after they’ve ended

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Basically, for the most part, especially the first half, someone would only hold onto the ball for 1-2 seconds before either passing or making a move.  Most of the time, it was a pass.  Complete 180 from feeding Joel and then having the other 4 players just stand around and watch.  They also passed the ball very well along the perimeter of the 3 and the pass would go "around the horn" until the open man had a good look.  Lots of back door cuts that worked as well.  I didn't realize how good of a passer Drummond is from the high post area.  He has good vision and quick instincts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Drummond has been really impressive. The knock on him at other stops was that he would try to do too much offensively and it would lead to turnovers. Doc has him playing within himself. 

• Like 1

I gotta see another 15 games but at this point, McCollum would be a better trade for Ben than Dame.  If Dame is starting to wash up, that contract will be an albatross and we won't have any wiggle room for the next two years of Joel's prime.

26 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I gotta see another 15 games but at this point, McCollum would be a better trade for Ben than Dame.  If Dame is starting to wash up, that contract will be an albatross and we won't have any wiggle room for the next two years of Joel's prime.

Never thrilled with the Lillard idea especially when people started talking about throwing multiple firsts AND Maxey in. Crazy. 

Honestly, Seth with increased usage is on par with McColllum. More important to find a SF, or a true PG.

Best idea now is a trade for OG Anunoby to start over Green,  and Dragic for the bench PG.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

OG Anunoby

I would love him but I can't see him becoming available since his stock is continuing to rise.

McCollum would be a nice iso player in the playoffs and he is a good shooter and defender.  There are better deals to be had but I wouldn't mind him.  His age aligns with Joel's prime and his contract will be over when he is 33 so we could start the rebuild then.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gannan said:

Drummond has been really impressive. The knock on him at other stops was that he would try to do too much offensively and it would lead to turnovers. Doc has him playing within himself. 

I had to read that twice ^_^

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Never thrilled with the Lillard idea especially when people started talking about throwing multiple firsts AND Maxey in. Crazy. 

Honestly, Seth with increased usage is on par with McColllum. More important to find a SF, or a true PG.

Best idea now is a trade for OG Anunoby to start over Green,  and Dragic for the bench PG.

Who exactly are they trading for OG though? Because if I’m Toronto and Morey calls me offering Ben for him, I’m laughing in his face and hanging up. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I keep going back and forth on whether I’d rather ship him out for a bag of rocks or let him rot. I think I’m back in on trading the **** for whatever they can get. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

I keep going back and forth on whether I’d rather ship him out for a bag of rocks or let him rot. I think I’m back in on trading the **** for whatever they can get. 

For the 100th time, no!  What good does that do us?  As long as we are winning, let him rot and hold him for as long as it takes to get good return.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Khani1 said:

I would love him but I can't see him becoming available since his stock is continuing to rise.

McCollum would be a nice iso player in the playoffs and he is a good shooter and defender.  There are better deals to be had but I wouldn't mind him.  His age aligns with Joel's prime and his contract will be over when he is 33 so we could start the rebuild then.

I agree he's a better iso player than what we have and is a good shooter.  Not a good defender though.  That's why him and Dame fizzle out in the playoffs.  Can't get stops.  Well that and Portland has sucked at filling in players around them

• Like 1