Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It seems like the other turks are afraid to be seen associating with him. 

Good grief

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It seems like the other turks are afraid to be seen associating with him. 

What a bunch of jive turkeys lol

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ohhh I did not. So they have beef? Or dies he not fit into Enis narritive?

Enes narrative?

It’s possible they are concerned with the safety of their family in Turkey.  Kanter was right to publicly condemn Erdogan but there is certainly risk for him or anyone associated with him as long as Erdogan still runs the country.

58 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Good grief

It’s because they could possibly die. Their family members could die… or, at the very least, they’d be thrown in jail.

28 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was just asking what is going on and why he can't play with Furkan. I really don't care they both suck, anyways. 

 

You have to check out the story. It’s crazy.

Cliff’s Notes version: 

Kanter is an outspoken critic of Erdogan (Turkish leader) and is also a follower of Erdogan’s rival (who fled Turkey and now actually lives in the Poconos). That guys name is Fethulla Gulen.

While Kanter was in Eastern Europe a few years ago (Bulgaria/Romania/one of this awful places) his passport was revoked and he was stuck there.

The United State’s version is that Turkish officials were going to snatch him up, but the CIA got there first and snuck him back to the US.

This is no joke. His dad had to get on Turkish TV and say bad things about him (obviously forced to do so). 

There is a whole lot more to the story. Fellow countrymen would be putting loved ones at risk by associating with Kanter. 

Side note: Hedo Turkoglu is high up in Turkish government. He’s a senior advisor to Erdogan.

14 minutes ago, SB52 said:

You have to check out the story. It’s crazy.

Cliff’s Notes version: 

Kanter is an outspoken critic of Erdogan (Turkish leader) and is also a follower of Erdogan’s rival (who fled Turkey and now actually lives in the Poconos). That guys name is Fethulla Gulen.

While Kanter was in Eastern Europe a few years ago (Bulgaria/Romania/one of this awful places) his passport was revoked and he was stuck there.

The United State’s version is that Turkish officials were going to snatch him up, but the CIA got there first and snuck him back to the US.

This is no joke. His dad had to get on Turkish TV and say bad things about him (obviously forced to do so). 

There is a whole lot more to the story. Fellow countrymen would be putting loved ones at risk by associating with Kanter. 

Side note: Hedo Turkoglu is high up in Turkish government. He’s a senior advisor to Erdogan.

Oh wow, that is crazy! I apologize, I thought you were just trying to be a deek or being condescending because I said " narritive" which was the wrong word to use. 

Thank you for sharing. 

I've seen some shows where an American is dating someone from Turkey and it's insane how the smallest thing can get you banned from that country or disowned by your family. 

  • Author

Looks like we got perimeter ball handling Embiid again tonight. 

Niang doing a heck of a job guarding a guy a foot taller and 75lbs heavier. 
 

edit: I just looked it up and Niang is only 10 pounds lighter 😂😂

45 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Looks like we got perimeter ball handling Embiid again tonight. 

I dont care much for tonight. I think hes out there to make sure he doesnt miss too many games to win MVP this year.

I think the team is coasting last game and this game, and getting ready to turn it up after the break.

If he is still lollygagging then, and messing with his hurt wrist, then Ill become concerned that we have hit his yearly March brick wall. 

What a surge at the end of the half. 

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

What a surge at the end of the half. 

man. was just gonna say that was anything but coasting like I thought they were doing. What an explosion!

 

This is a pretty impressive game by Maxey. Jrue is a heck of a defender. 

Did Doc leave Embiid and Maxey off the court too long? Lead is gone. 

baad quarter shooting it.

cant get Embiid in the post at all.

Unfortunately Maxey hasnt got a layup to fall all 2nd half. Close but no cigar. 

great D by maxey on Holiday there though!

Maxey was a little off with his finishes but he usually hits them. 

I didnt expect anything from this team in these last 2 games before the break. But I also didnt expect it to be so embarrassingly bad against Boston. After that, itd be really nice to get this win against a healthy Milwaukee team heading in to the break knowing you are adding Harden then.

 

Close it out :76:

Kork going for a ride on the Giannis train

Kork gonna win this jump ball

man. I thought the elbow and forearm in to Kork's neck was pretty aggressive. But I guess not a foul. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

man. I thought the elbow and forearm in to Kork's neck was pretty aggressive. But I guess not a foul. 

That’s where i thought the foul was. Thought it was obvious he got an elbow to kork’s head. 

How was that not a foul?

that was nice by Harris to bust through that double. And not awesome by Niang to miss the FT.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.