Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

Been a fan of carter since that draft. Wanted him in round 2.

Hes a good defender who can hit 3s. Should get him.

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If they just unload Harris and green (expiring contract) i believe it goes to $15 mil for 0-6. 

Thats good.

But other than the long shot of landing Mikal Bridges Im not sure who what 0-6 years max player is. And does Harden give up any amount of money for that level of player? Probably doubtful. Players are fanboys like fans. Big names all that matters. Harden likely only does it for another established superstar name. Not an up and comer like Bridges.

 

I think IF Harden chooses to leave any money on the table, its the veteran all star that requires the whole team to be depleted. 

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265915/Teams-Preparing-For-Damian-Lillard-Donovan-Mitchell-Zion-Williamson-Trade-Demands

 

 

ESPN reports that James was upset the Lakers didn't make a deal leading up to the trade deadline. In addition, James was even more upset when Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka said he was on board with keeping the roster whole. ESPN sources indicate James never agreed to that plan.

The belief is that James will push Los Angeles to make moves to surround him with veteran talent for another title run. And that he may make those roster-change demands before considering signing an extension this summer, when the Lakers can first offer him one.

 

 

May be looking to offload Harris in the summer to go after Mitchell or James.

That's because lebron and AD wanted the current roster they have now and it isn't working and it's a disaster... So the FO told LeBron and AD this is the roster you wanted so go make it work or pound sand lol. They would of had to mortgage even more of the future they don't have. To fix a roster that those 2 dopes wanted. I can't say I blame them. Even though the Lakers FO still blows. 

 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thats good.

But other than the long shot of landing Mikal Bridges Im not sure who what 0-6 years max player is. And does Harden give up any amount of money for that level of player? Probably doubtful. Players are fanboys like fans. Big names all that matters. Harden likely only does it for another established superstar name. Not an up and comer like Bridges.

Bridges signed a 4 year $90 contract with the suns back in December so he’s out. I actually think Harris is more viable in a trade closer to the deadline next year. He becomes an expiring contract in 23-24 season and can use green as well to matchup salary. Basically Harris is making $37.6 mil and green is making $10 mil so you can matchup with another high salary player. I’d add keeping thybulle was big cause you likely can use him as a bargaining chip depending on the player and team involved. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Bridges signed a 4 year $90 contract with the suns back in December so he’s out. I actually think Harris is more viable in a trade closer to the deadline next year. He becomes an expiring contract in 23-24 season and can use green as well to matchup salary. Basically Harris is making $37.6 mil and green is making $10 mil so you can matchup with another high salary player. I’d add keeping thybulle was big cause you likely can use him as a bargaining chip depending on the player and team involved. 

As I see it, either in the summer or at the deadline, Harris, Green, and Thybulle get traded for another star.

Some of us can want a couple solid starters to fill out the team instead of another star at this point, but itll be tough to find a team with 2-3 guys on that level to match all that salary. And that team being one who believes Harris and Thyubulle are worth losing 2-3 starters for. Highly unlikely. So the only realistic option left is bringing in another singular star piece.

 

 

52 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265915/Teams-Preparing-For-Damian-Lillard-Donovan-Mitchell-Zion-Williamson-Trade-Demands

 

 

ESPN reports that James was upset the Lakers didn't make a deal leading up to the trade deadline. In addition, James was even more upset when Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka said he was on board with keeping the roster whole. ESPN sources indicate James never agreed to that plan.

The belief is that James will push Los Angeles to make moves to surround him with veteran talent for another title run. And that he may make those roster-change demands before considering signing an extension this summer, when the Lakers can first offer him one.

 

 

May be looking to offload Harris in the summer to go after Mitchell or James.

Bron is such an unlikeable dbag. He’s the one who wanted the roster he currently has.  Now he’s demanding they fix his mistake. 

14 minutes ago, nipples said:

Bron is such an unlikeable dbag. He’s the one who wanted the roster he currently has.  Now he’s demanding they fix his mistake. 

Yup, that's what I just wrote. The FO said make the roster you wanted work they are not going to destroy the team any further. The only tradable pick they have is a 2027 1st round pick lol. They are gonna have to blow it all up again.

Who would have thought that adding a top 5 all-time ball hog to a roster with Lebrawn and AD wouldn’t work?

11 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Who would have thought that adding a top 5 all-time ball hog to a roster with Lebrawn and AD wouldn’t work?

Russ as good as he is. Has never once adapted his game, from not playing defense in the clutch to taking bad jumpshots with 18 secs left on the clock. 

James probably thought he would adapt a bit, but Russ gonna Russ

23 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Who would have thought that adding a top 5 all-time ball hog to a roster with Lebrawn and AD wouldn’t work?

Yup and then they scapegoat the coach. .. so in turn the coach benched Westbrook. Then act like it's no big deal that they suck. Well it wasn't a big deal because l bron thought the front office would fix it for him... Instead they told him to go pound sand lol. Now he is butt hurt

17 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Russ as good as he is. Has never once adapted his game, from not playing defense in the clutch to taking bad jumpshots with 18 secs left on the clock. 

James probably thought he would adapt a bit, but Russ gonna Russ

I’m sure Russ told James he would adapt. An ounce of common sense would have told anyone he won’t.

5 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I’m sure Russ told James he would adapt. An ounce of common sense would have told anyone he won’t.

Which is why I laugh my ass off at all of these national pundits that say Simmons is going to thrive on the Nets, the Nets won this deal by a landslide!!  Just f'ing wait until whomever is guarding Simmons always doubles Durant.  Or even better, in the 4th quarter in crunch time when you have the best player in the world standing there as Simmons shoots free throws (lmao) making Durant useless.

Michael Rubin, Meek Mill, Jay Z, and Maverick Carter have bought Mitchell and Ness for 250 million.

 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Michael Rubin, Meek Mill, Jay Z, and Maverick Carter have bought Mitchell and Ness for 250 million.

 

The quality of Mitchell and ness jerseys has gone downhill over the last 10 years. Frankly fanatics/sports memorabilia have horrific customer service. I actually purchased a Brandon books game used jersey about a month ago. They sent me a signed Jonathan Taylor colts jersey (replica jersey). Returned it and they said they didn’t have the brooks anymore. Week later their reps sent out a massive email to buyers saying they had it and then went onto sell it to someone else when i said that was mine. F both of them. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The quality of Mitchell and ness jerseys has gone downhill over the last 10 years. Frankly fanatics/sports memorabilia have horrific customer service. I actually purchased a Brandon books game used jersey about a month ago. They sent me a signed Jonathan Taylor colts jersey (replica jersey). Returned it and they said they didn’t have the brooks anymore. Week later their reps sent out a massive email to buyers saying they had it and then went onto sell it to someone else when i said that was mine. F both of them. 

I dont know about Mitchell and Ness, but I know fanatics brand merch is unpredictable in sizing. Usually runs small though. Not great quality.

Id assume Mitchell and Ness quality will at best stay the same, maybe further degrade.

But I wonder if they can actually end up growing the company and actually land a uniform contract with a league. 

Fanatics already sells Mitchell and Ness stuff. And I dont imagine these guys bought the company just on a whim that style is cyclic and looser fitting clothing will make a comeback eventually. I suspect there is a plan to actually do something with the company. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know about Mitchell and Ness, but I know fanatics brand merch is unpredictable in sizing. Usually runs small though. Not great quality.

Id assume Mitchell and Ness quality will at best stay the same, maybe further degrade.

But I wonder if they can actually end up growing the company and actually land a uniform contract with a league. 

Fanatics already sells Mitchell and Ness stuff. And I dont imagine these guys bought the company just on a whim that style is cyclic and looser fitting clothing will make a comeback eventually. I suspect there is a plan to actually do something with the company. 

Fanatics brand is also usually lower quality and doesn’t hold up as long as some other brands. What sucks about the game used market (mostly NFL with fanatics) they’ve really basically monopolized that market so the prices have skyrocketed as you have to go through them. Unless you have a connection or deal directly with the eagles (again need an in… actually before one of the preseason games the eagles sell gamers/team issued). For instance a jalen hurts game used jersey they were trying to sell for $9000 and a devonta smith jersey for $15000. I purchased a Jason kelce for $1700 about 3 years ago. Before that could get guys like mcnabb, Trent cole, mccoy, maclin, desean, sproles and others somewhere between 500-1500 depending on game and player. 

  • Author
59 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Fanatics brand is also usually lower quality and doesn’t hold up as long as some other brands. What sucks about the game used market (mostly NFL with fanatics) they’ve really basically monopolized that market so the prices have skyrocketed as you have to go through them. Unless you have a connection or deal directly with the eagles (again need an in… actually before one of the preseason games the eagles sell gamers/team issued). For instance a jalen hurts game used jersey they were trying to sell for $9000 and a devonta smith jersey for $15000. I purchased a Jason kelce for $1700 about 3 years ago. Before that could get guys like mcnabb, Trent cole, mccoy, maclin, desean, sproles and others somewhere between 500-1500 depending on game and player. 

Yep.  All of that Super Bowl gear was fanatics and it’s all complete garbage.  I know because I bought a lot of the crap when we won it.  

Screenshot_20220221-203404_Instagram.jpg

3 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20220221-203404_Instagram.jpg

Interesting question for those on here, but what would your top 5 sixers of all time be? I think the criteria you want to go with makes it multiple ways you could go. In no particular order I’d have wilt, dr. J, Moses, barkley and iverson in the top 5. I can see the argument for Hal Greer. If embiid can play at this level for 2-3 more years, wins an mvp and win a title I think you’d have to get him into the top 5. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Interesting question for those on here, but what would your top 5 sixers of all time be? I think the criteria you want to go with makes it multiple ways you could go. In no particular order I’d have wilt, dr. J, Moses, barkley and iverson in the top 5. I can see the argument for Hal Greer. If embiid can play at this level for 2-3 more years, wins an mvp and win a title I think you’d have to get him into the top 5. 

Gotta put Wilt the Stilt in there.

7 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Gotta put Wilt the Stilt in there.

He was. I had him before Dr. J

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He was. I had him before Dr. J

Ah, I see it.  I’m a grammar NSDAP in my day job (journalism major) and swept past his name because I literally surfed for a capital "W” 🤣

Is this the guy that Embiid posted when Simmons got traded?

May be an image of 5 people

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

It was Haliburton, Hield, and Barnes. Harris and Ben out. With Harris and Ben out, and then tradeing Barnes expiring contract theyd have cap space for a big time player, while also having Haliburton and Hield. Its better in every way.

Now, Morey has 2 ways to still come out of this one like roses. 1. They win the finals this year with Harden. or 2. They still find a way to get another max player or enough other significant contributors to join next year and win the finals next year.

The issue is that Philly is not a destination location. We have missed every year on bringing in "big name talent"

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.