Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

18 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The issue is Miami has Lowry out for this game. Butler is a game time decision with his injury. not be facing a Miami team that’s their full squad either. 

C’mon

The issue is Miami strip clubs.

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know if theres anything to it, but I was just reading about Tobias for Westbrook and a 2027 1st this summer, which is awfully specific. Not sure where the idea, or rumor comes from.

Bad contract for bad contract. Harris is said to be a solid fit to play off ball and space the floor better in LA. 

Westbrook expires after the season and allows the 6ers to be players in free agency the next summer. And, supposedly got along well enough with Harden for their short time together. 

 

I dont like the basketball fit of Westbrook at all. But that idea is out there. 

 

 

The first round pick in 2027 is awfully specific because i believe it’s the only first round pick the lakers can trade for the foreseeable future. 
 

there was also this report this trade deadline https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-trade-rumors-la-telling-teams-2027-first-round-pick-is-off-limits-per-report/amp/

as overpaid as tobi is, a lot would need to be added to match Westbrook’s contract….and then there’s Westbrook behind a god awful fit in philly…I’m guessing the lakers are floating that one. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

as overpaid as tobi is, a lot would need to be added to match Westbrook’s contract….and then there’s Westbrook behind a god awful fit in philly…I’m guessing the lakers are floating that one. 

Honestly feels more like lakers fans/bloggers. They were a lot of lakers fans on Twitter and bloggers putting out they believed they could get Ben Simmons for westbrook.

Screenshot_20220306-151626_Reddit.jpg

 

 

On 3/5/2022 at 5:18 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ah ok that makes sense. Bulls are equally going to be a challenging game. 

It’s possible but I really think the Sixers blow them out. Chicago’s dropped four straight, and didn’t the Sixers beat them by double digits twice already?

Besides the nets problems with injuries, Kyrie and everything else, I don’t think Steve Nash has done a very good job as HC. Maybe that changed once KD, kyrie and Simmons are all on the floor but up til now. i think they could upgrade to a better coach who still wouldn’t have gotten them to a 3-16 record over the last 19 games. I think that this is another problem that’s not talked about nearly enough with Brooklyn

Why would we even want Westbrook?

Personality aside.... We have Harden and Maxey. 

I'm only trading Harris for an elite 3 and D wing or Jimmy Butler,and I don't see any of those types becoming available. 

There also aren't too many Free Agents who fit what the Sixers need next year.... Maybe Miles Bridges? 

Perhaps you could do a sign and trade? (Although I think Harris is a better fit for a "Win Now" team) 

29 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Why would we even want Westbrook?

Personality aside.... We have Harden and Maxey. 

I'm only trading Harris for an elite 3 and D wing or Jimmy Butler,and I don't see any of those types becoming available. 

There also aren't too many Free Agents who fit what the Sixers need next year.... Maybe Miles Bridges? 

Perhaps you could do a sign and trade? (Although I think Harris is a better fit for a "Win Now" team) 

I tend to think harris becomes much more attractive to teams around next year’s trade deadline. He will only have the rest of that season and then is an expiring contract. I think that’s really when you can maximize Harris if we want to trade him. Not sure what team would want him or make the trade for him.

Ugh hard pass on that fraud westbrook

he and embiid hate each other anyway dont they?

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Ugh hard pass on that fraud westbrook

he and embiid hate each other anyway dont they?

Probably. Russ is an unlikeable dbag. 

7 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Ugh hard pass on that fraud westbrook

he and embiid hate each other anyway dont they?

He hasn't changed his style for anyone and isn't good enough of a shooter to make up for it. 

I really think thybulle and Harris are going to be in a package at some point to get either a 3 and D wing or a stretch 4. I think thybulle has great value to a team that lets him just do the dirty work and has a bunch of shooters around him and has been good at developing young players shots. 

Matisse’s shot is a great source of frustration to me…

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Matisse’s shot is a great source of frustration to me…

They really should have him work with herb McGee 

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Matisse’s shot is a great source of frustration to me…

He doesn't always extend his arm and brings the ball back over his head. 

Fairly easy fixes to me.  With no National team stuff this off season he has a full summer 

  • Author
8 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Matisse’s shot is a great source of frustration to me…

It serves as a way to improve their rebounding #’s.  

[Charania] Ben Simmons will not play in Thursday’s Nets-76ers – but is expected to make the return trip to Philadelphia and join team on bench inside Wells Fargo Center, sources say.

Just now, mr_hunt said:

[Charania] Ben Simmons will not play in Thursday’s Nets-76ers – but is expected to make the return trip to Philadelphia and join team on bench inside Wells Fargo Center, sources say.

Yeah right

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

[Charania] Ben Simmons will not play in Thursday’s Nets-76ers – but is expected to make the return trip to Philadelphia and join team on bench inside Wells Fargo Center, sources say.

 I’d pay anything for the sixers to have a video montage of all his bricked free throws in the playoffs, passing up on the dunk in the atlanta game and finished off with Kendall Jenner with Devin Booker. 

  • Author
37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 I’d pay anything for the sixers to have a video montage of all his bricked free throws in the playoffs, passing up on the dunk in the atlanta game and finished off with Kendall Jenner with Devin Booker. 

Yeah, I was thinking about that this morning when 97.5 was talking about if they will do a tribute for him.  I think they should do one for Curry and Drummond and that's it.  Even though Drummond was a Sixer for only a few months.  

Yeah… I’m highly skeptical that Ben will even show up to sit on the bench Thursday. 
 

I mean maybe the Nets force him to, figuring he takes the boos in a game when he’s not playing to lessen the backlash when he finally does play at Philly. But don’t think that strategy will work. He’ll hear it from the bench and he’ll hear it even louder when he eventually does play. 

  • Author
1 minute ago, nipples said:

Yeah… I’m highly skeptical that Ben will even show up to sit on the bench Thursday. 
 

I mean maybe the Nets force him to, figuring he takes the boos in a game when he’s not playing to lessen the backlash when he finally does play at Philly. But don’t think that strategy will work. He’ll hear it from the bench and he’ll hear it even louder when he eventually does play. 

Someone is going to do something dumb.  We all know it.  

i encourage all fans to wear their simmons jerseys to the game....along with a clown nose & wig. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.