Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I'm sorry....what?  I don't even like Beal that much but if you send Tobias for Beal....then why wouldn't you want this?

It would also protect us from Doc’s all bench lineup. He would have too many good players to not have at least 1 or 2 in at a time. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I'm sorry....what?  I don't even like Beal that much but if you send Tobias for Beal....then why wouldn't you want this?

I believe beal has a player option. If he opts out the wiz are in trouble cause he could just leave via FA or the sixers manage to unload tobias and clear enough space to sign him outright. So sign and trade is likely the option Washington goes with if he’s leaving. I don’t think the sixers would include maxey in that move. 

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

It would also protect us from Doc’s all bench lineup. He would have too many good players to not have at least 1 or 2 in at a time. 

If they don't win a title this year then they should move on from Doc. Just like Bucks coach was gone until KD foot was the line 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I believe beal has a player option. If he opts out the wiz are in trouble cause he could just leave via FA or the sixers manage to unload tobias and clear enough space to sign him outright. So sign and trade is likely the option Washington goes with if he’s leaving. I don’t think the sixers would include maxey in that move. 

Exactly......Beal declines the option leaving Washington with nothing...especially if Beal wants to go to Philly......so, you do a sign and trade getting Tobias, giving up Beal.  In no way shape or form do I include Maxey.  

33 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Exactly......Beal declines the option leaving Washington with nothing...especially if Beal wants to go to Philly......so, you do a sign and trade getting Tobias, giving up Beal.  In no way shape or form do I include Maxey.  

Well it's nothing or just get Harris? I doubt wizards do the deal without receiving players and picks with upside. 

Then again I didn't think the Nets were that stupid but, here we are lol. 

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

I'm sorry....what?  I don't even like Beal that much but if you send Tobias for Beal....then why wouldn't you want this?

Who is going to play SF between Beal, Maxey, and Harden? And who is your new PF? Its a poor allocation of resources. We are not in the building phase where we just need to jump at the best player available regardless of position to accumulate assets and talent. We are a team trying to win. To do so you need to be at least a bit concerned with fit on the court. Adding Beal to this roster doesnt really make much sense.

57 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Exactly......Beal declines the option leaving Washington with nothing...especially if Beal wants to go to Philly......so, you do a sign and trade getting Tobias, giving up Beal.  In no way shape or form do I include Maxey.  

Yeah, for the first time in a long time someone is going to want to come to Philly to play with Embiid, Harden, and Maxey.

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Who is going to play SF between Beal, Maxey, and Harden? And who is your new PF? Its a poor allocation of resources. We are not in the building phase where we just need to jump at the best player available regardless of position to accumulate assets and talent. We are a team trying to win. To do so you need to be at least a bit concerned with fit on the court. Adding Beal to this roster doesnt really make much sense.

That was my thought. We'd have a starting 5 of Harden, Beal, Thybulle, Niang, and Embiid, with Maxey coming off the bench. There's only one basketball, and scoring isn't a weakness on the team as it's currently constructed. 

7 minutes ago, Gannan said:

That was my thought. We'd have a starting 5 of Harden, Beal, Thybulle, Niang, and Embiid, with Maxey coming off the bench. There's only one basketball, and scoring isn't a weakness on the team as it's currently constructed. 

And Harden has come here and been incredibly efficient scoring on around 12 shots a game. Beal is inefficient and is a volume shooter to score. And he doesnt play defense. Its a bad fit. I think people look at the name and PPG numbers and really dont consider anything further than that. 

If Beal wants to come here, maybe someone else does too. Maybe Butler, or LeBron, or Ingram. Someone who plays a position that makes sense to add. 

Here is a comparison of Maxey, and Beal

Maxey: FG% .482, eFG% .541, VORP 1.5,BPM 0.9, DBPM -0.5, WS 5.8, , OWS 4.2, DWS 1.5, TS% .586, PER 16.7

 

Beal: FG% .451 eFG% .492, VORP 1.1, BPM 0.9, DBPM -1.3, WS 0.9, OWS, 1.7, DWS 0.8, TS% .539, PER 17.9

Beal is only shooting .300 from 3 this year and is only an average .372 for his career. Maxey is at 42.3% this year. Bal has never hit that mark in his career. Maxey shoots FTs at a higher percentage, and gets to the line nearly as much. Beals FTr is .263, and Maxey is at .257.

 

Maxey is having a better season by far. And really is probably about as good as Beal has ever been if you give Beal the benefit of the doubt on his down season this year, and go back and look at Maxey's numbers compared to Beal's career averages. 

 

It wouldnt be wise to move maxey to the bench for Beal. I dont think Beal accepts a bench role. And I dont think you want either of them playing SF. Its not a fit.

Im not saying, "Theres only 1 ball". If we can find someone like Harden is and Butler was, who is willing to take a bit of a statistical hit for the betterment of the team, and playing team ball, Im all for another name player/scorer type. But it cant be another SG/combo guard. Its gotta be a 3 or 4 or combo forward. 

 

If not Ingram, or LeBron, or Butler, the best type of player we can add is a Bridges or OG Anunoby type. They were 3 and D guys who are developing a more rounded offensive skillset but do not require the ball to put up their numbers, and most importantly they can play the position we need them to play.

  • Author

Holy F!!!!   What A Bish!!!  
 

 

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Holy F!!!!   What A Bish!!!  
 

 

This dude is the poster child for the snowflake generation. What kind of precedent does this set? Any professional athlete can refuse to play and get paid if fans are mean to them and their feelers are hurt? Is this what professional sports is coming to?

  • Author
Just now, Gannan said:

This dude is the poster child for the snowflake generation. What kind of precedent does this set? Any professional athlete can refuse to play and get paid if fans are mean to them and their feelers are hurt? Is this what professional sports is coming to?

Yep.  That's what that generation has brought it to.  

I think a spite cheer is in order.  Let's F this little **** out of any chance at a grievance.

38 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Holy F!!!!   What A Bish!!!  
 

 

972D369C-7266-4A54-9259-4363D532422A.thumb.jpeg.3ec931b8b89c426c4690c97c9b7af881.jpeg

make that mf'er cry! 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  That's what that generation has brought it to.  

So....I have my sales kickoff, we do a virtual escape room (because we are all remote)......someone was murdered on the screen and you had to guess whether it was the cook, the maid, etc....based on everything the group thought it to be the maid or the cook.  Also, the person running the escape room was a girl (in character acting totally crazy).  So everyone is joking, tossing out who they think and the crazy girl asks me who do I think....and I say the maid.  She's like why....joking I say.....cause women are crazy.  So....my boss calls me after, says someone took offense, sent an email to senior management.  I assumed it was a woman...find out it was a guy.  I'd really love to get him on the phone or in person and say......you didn't have the courtesy to just discuss it with me?  I would have told you I have two teen daughters, girlfriend, mom...and I try and do more for them in a day than most do for women in a month.  But.... can see how this offended you seeing as you have no balls and are a woman.......

  • Author
1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

So....I have my sales kickoff, we do a virtual escape room (because we are all remote)......someone was murdered on the screen and you had to guess whether it was the cook, the maid, etc....based on everything the group thought it to be the maid or the cook.  Also, the person running the escape room was a girl (in character acting totally crazy).  So everyone is joking, tossing out who they think and the crazy girl asks me who do I think....and I say the maid.  She's like why....joking I say.....cause women are crazy.  So....my boss calls me after, says someone took offense, sent an email to senior management.  I assumed it was a woman...find out it was a guy.  I'd really love to get him on the phone or in person and say......you didn't have the courtesy to just discuss it with me?  I would have told you I have two teen daughters, girlfriend, mom...and I try and do more for them in a day than most do for women in a month.  But.... can see how this offended you seeing as you have no balls and are a woman.......

Jesus.  What a beta move.  

 

I made a comment regarding covid and the 4th of July parade on our towns facebook post a few years ago.  Essentially supporting my disgust that the fireworks were cancelled because of covid but town supported and organized "marches" were not....during the same time (summer of 2020).  Some twink on there saw my FB profile and saw the company I worked for and he messaged my company trying to get me in trouble because I was not "supporting science".  The guy wasn't even part of the event organizers or worked for the town.  He was just some regular dude.  Holy ish….if I could have seen that guy in person. Some millennial twerp who probably drinks white claws and drives a prius.  You know the guy.  

 

 

44 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Holy F!!!!   What A Bish!!!  
 

 

I'm sorry, I took business law....how does putting yourself in a stadium with 25,000 fans of a team that you left high and dry and having them verbally abuse you help with a case against said team?  If anything, Ben would have a case against the Nets for sheer stupidity not keeping him away from it.....especially since he has mental issues that he is dealing with.

1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

I'm sorry, I took business law....how does putting yourself in a stadium with 25,000 fans of a team that you left high and dry and having them verbally abuse you help with a case against said team?  If anything, Ben would have a case against the Nets for sheer stupidity not keeping him away from it.....especially since he has mental issues that he is dealing with.

they'll claim that the sixers' negative comments about him damaged his image & ability to get endorsement deals...or some sheet like that. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

they'll claim that the sixers' negative comments about him damaged his image & ability to get endorsement deals...or some sheet like that. 

Maybe the fact that he never developed a jump shot, cried when slightly criticized and took his ball and went home was more of a detriment? 

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

make that mf'er cry! 

 

6 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Maybe the fact that he never developed a jump shot, cried when slightly criticized and took his ball and went home was more of a detriment? 

that's very insensitive of you.  no wonder you couldn't even make it through a work team building exercise without getting in trouble!  :nonono:   

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.