Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

Featured Replies

We are going to see a ton of wishcasting about games with fans. Not even sure the point in asking the question anymore. 

  • Replies 27.2k
  • Views 2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Meet my new Grandson Isaiah Lee greend

  • Green Dog
    Green Dog

    Hmm.  Feels like we've finally cut the cord.  Floating out in the ether. Anger at the faceless dismissal and marginalization of it's own fans by PE.com. But extreme gratitude for guys l

  • Rhinoddd50
    Rhinoddd50

    I mentioned this previously on this board, and in the past years ago on the other board.   I'm not sure Howie has ever come out and said it this plainly, but Howie is telling the truth here.   

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Do you subscribe?

i could see teams using the raw data but feeding into their own models for analysis   That’s what it looks like to me.   Problem is that teams are looking for tendencies and to avoid tendencies.  Stats don’t substitute for film work for tells.  

I do not. 

Every team subscribes to them for their raw data — personnel usage, snaps, etc. I wouldn’t suggest they use their grades, but maybe some teams take a peek. 

I wouldn’t say stats substitute for film study for tells either, but work hand in hand. How often does a team pass on 3rd and 5? How often do they cover 2 zone on third and 10? You can get that from film work, and I’m sure teams employ analytics people to watch the film to chart such info. They can also get similar types of info from PFF from my understanding. 

I’m not here to argue with anyone over the credibility of PFF’s grading system. To me, they watch every player on every snap multiple times from all-22 (there halftime grades from the TV angle are a joke, admittedly). While the stats aren’t perfect, it’s a helluva lot better than anyone in the Blog. That’s not a knock. None of us has time or energy to do that kind of work, and I doubt we really have a better understanding of what’s happening on a given play either.

For our purposes, I think that’s useful, particularly for players who don’t play here. 

 

 

Aldon Smith reinstated now that he’s a Cowboy. What a joke

Just now, blindside said:

Aldon Smith reinstated now that he’s a Cowboy. What a joke

He hasn’t played in like 5 years. Oh well 

Isn’t Jeff Kerr a Blogger?

6 minutes ago, blindside said:

Aldon Smith reinstated now that he’s a Cowboy. What a joke

I'm not worried about a guy whose been out of the league for 5 years wasting his time getting in constant legal trouble and will be 31 in September. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm not worried about a guy whose been out of the league for 5 years wasting his time getting in constant legal trouble and will be 31 in September. 

Nice lottery ticket, but he has a higher chance of getting cut than making an impact 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Saw that.  It's only because with his track record, he's a perfect fit.  If Chuck Manson could run a sub 4.7 40, he would have a shot.  

Not sure where you could dig him up though

16 minutes ago, greend said:

Not sure where you could dig him up though

Don’t worry, Jerry has a map. 

 

 

Feeling like were going to just end up with McCoy

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Feeling like were going to just end up with McCoy

I have no issues with that. Let him finish his career here like he mentioned.

I think we would be better off with an in between the tackles physical runner. Someone who can do the dirty work. Hyde could be a good option. (as opposed to McCoy)

1 minute ago, XoqTionR said:

I have no issues with that. Let him finish his career here like he mentioned.

I don't think i would necessarily call it an issue, but if he's the best they do I'd rather give the roster spot to one of the young guys like Warren. I think McCoy is basically running on empty at this point. 

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't think i would necessarily call it an issue, but if he's the best they do I'd rather give the roster spot to one of the young guys like Warren. I think McCoy is basically running on empty at this point. 

I'm not sure what happened to him and why he was deactivated for games but he averaged 4.6 yards/carry.  Not too shabby.  He isn't what he was but he can still be effective.  I don't want them to sign him but if they do I won't be upset.  

Just now, bpac55 said:

I'm not sure what happened to him and why he was deactivated for games but he averaged 4.6 yards/carry.  Not too shabby.  He isn't what he was but he can still be effective.  I don't want them to sign him but if they do I won't be upset.  

He was better at the beginning of the year. After week 8 he had 32 carries for something like barely 100 yards. He was hovering around 3.2 ypc on what is probably the best running back friendly team in the league. 

    Rushing Receiving Scoring Fumbles Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
Rk Date G# Week Age Tm   Opp Result GS Att Yds Y/A TD Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Ctch% Y/Tgt TD Pts Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
  13 Games             10-3-0   101 465 4.60 4 34 28 181 6.46 1 82.4% 5.32 5 30 3 2 0 1 0 0            
1 2019-09-08 1 1 31.058 KAN @ JAX W 40-26   10 81 8.10 0 1 1 12 12.00 0 100.0% 12.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 20 29% 0 0% 0 0%
2 2019-09-15 2 2 31.065 KAN @ OAK W 28-10   11 23 2.09 0 3 3 0 0.00 0 100.0% 0.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 30 40% 0 0% 0 0%
3 2019-09-22 3 3 31.072 KAN   BAL W 33-28 * 8 54 6.75 1 3 3 26 8.67 1 100.0% 8.67 2 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 26 38% 0 0% 0 0%
4 2019-09-29 4 4 31.079 KAN @ DET W 34-30 * 11 56 5.09 1 4 2 33 16.50 0 50.0% 8.25 1 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 32 47% 0 0% 0 0%
5 2019-10-06 5 5 31.086 KAN   IND L 13-19   0 0   0 2 2 23 11.50 0 100.0% 11.50 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 14 23% 0 0% 0 0%
6 2019-10-13 6 6 31.093 KAN   HOU L 24-31 * 8 44 5.50 0 2 2 0 0.00 0 100.0% 0.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 27 49% 0 0% 0 0%
7 2019-10-17 7 7 31.097 KAN @ DEN W 30-6 * 12 64 5.33 0 2 2 12 6.00 0 100.0% 6.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 26 43% 0 0% 0 0%
8 2019-10-27 8 8 31.107 KAN   GNB L 24-31 * 9 40 4.44 0 4 4 23 5.75 0 100.0% 5.75 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 23 39% 0 0% 0 0%
9 2019-11-03 9 9 31.114 KAN   MIN W 26-23 * 3 9 3.00 0 1 1 0 0.00 0 100.0% 0.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 10% 0 0% 0 0%
10 2019-11-18 11 11 31.129 KAN @ LAC W 24-17   7 29 4.14 1 6 4 28 7.00 0 66.7% 4.67 1 6 1 0 0 1 0 0 26 39% 0 0% 0 0%
11 2019-12-01 12 13 31.142 KAN   OAK W 40-9 * 5 10 2.00 1 3 3 20 6.67 0 100.0% 6.67 1 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 24 37% 0 0% 0 0%
12 2019-12-08 13 14 31.149 KAN @ NWE W 23-16 * 11 39 3.55 0 3 1 4 4.00 0 33.3% 1.33 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 24 31% 0 0% 0 0%
13 2019-12-15 14 15 31.156 KAN   DEN W 23-3 * 6 16 2.67 0 0 0 0   0 0.0%   0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 17 25% 0 0% 0 0%
18 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I think we would be better off with an in between the tackles physical runner. Someone who can do the dirty work. Hyde could be a good option.

Boobie, Scott, Warren, Holyfield and Clement can all run between the tackles and are physical runners.  I don’t see the Eagles spending much on a free agent that is available now. 

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Boobie, Scott, Warren, Holyfield and Clement can all run between the tackles and are physical runners.  I don’t see the Eagles spending much on a free agent that is available now. 

Hyde was productive last season.  He would be good depth.  

If Freeman goes to Seattle that's a good move for them.  Their offense is just going to be good.  Would prefer not to see him go there but it looks like that's what will happen.

 

I'd be ok with Hyde if the price is good, but its kind of weird he's going onto his 6th team in 4 years. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.