Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, stine said:

Personally, I would not go near this trade if Watson is found to be guilty. He could be the best QB in the league and I would still not want him. I will have no part of that type of person on my team. If you all want a pervert as your face of the franchise, go for it. I will burn my Eagles gear and watch other teams play.

If he is found guilty he is likely going to jail so won’t have to worry about it and also don’t see the Eagles going for him then.

Whooooo TC STARTS TODAY!!!!!!! Still a slow time but first step to being back to football 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports have said we been looking into  WR Josh Doctson former 1st round pick of Washington. 

21 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Reports have said we been looking into  WR Josh Doctson former 1st round pick of Washington. 

shouldn't we figure out what we have at WR before shopping for more? I mean we have so many in camp now......

1 hour ago, stine said:

shouldn't we figure out what we have at WR before shopping for more? I mean we have so many in camp now......

I mean I don’t want Doctson just saying what reports are… Doctson is a 28 year old WR that has done nothing in the nfl. 

Hell I want us to be able to move on from Greg ward love his attitude seems like a great guy but limited WR. 

Id like to see Smith/Reagor/Quez/Fulham/ Hightower be are 5 yes young inexperienced but at least we should know what we have if we go 6th then maybe Ward/Walker/JJaw 

17 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

And I would argue that it was one of the WORST trades in the history of the league! If I were the owner, I would not have allowed it to happen and I would have FIRED Howie on the spot for even considering it.

I doubt you could even make the argument that it is the worst trade in the history of the Eagles.  I don't even think it could be the worst trade by Howie.

Herschel Walker trade was bad.  Ricky Williams draft trade.  Falcons trading Favre...I mean, those are just the first three I could think of.  There are probably worse in the NFL.  You're telling me that Wentz is our Brett Favre?  I'll believe it when I see it.

6 minutes ago, Vee said:

mean, those are just the first three I could think of.  There are probably worse in the NFL.  You're telling me that Wentz is our Brett Favre?  I'll believe it when I see it.

Hindsight knowing what Farve became makes the trade look bad but at the time ATL gained a 1st round pick for a QB that attempted 4 passes as a rookie…. also Farve first two years in GB were bad didn’t breakout till 94. 

Been thinking if Geodart is the starter this year and the plan seems to be leaning toward 3 WR sets how many snaps do we think Ertz or another backup TE will get??? 

The bargaining power the Texans have is multiple interests. A market. If Denver offers Two Firsts and and Second…who will beat that?

We wanted Wentz and Hurts. Why wouldn’t we want Watson and Hurts? Especially knowing that Watson is facing some unknown.

7 hours ago, Vee said:

I doubt you could even make the argument that it is the worst trade in the history of the Eagles.  I don't even think it could be the worst trade by Howie.

Herschel Walker trade was bad.  Ricky Williams draft trade.  Falcons trading Favre...I mean, those are just the first three I could think of.  There are probably worse in the NFL.  You're telling me that Wentz is our Brett Favre?  I'll believe it when I see it.

Read it again….ONE of the worst trades……

10 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Read it again….ONE of the worst trades……

in the history of the entire NFL?   

no.  Not even in the Top 100. 

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We wanted Wentz and Hurts. Why wouldn’t we want Watson and Hurts? Especially knowing that Watson is facing some unknown.

Why wouldn’t the Texans want Hurts in return lol… Not always about what Philly wants Texans could ask for Hurts wouldn’t be shocking considering they have no QB to speak of this year.

Having two young option in Hurts/Mills makes a ton of sense better chance of having your guy at QB then being able to use the rest of the picks you just gained on Watson to build the rest of the team. 

Texans HC also comes from Baltimore who has a guy in Lamar and the GM from NE and Ne reportedly really liked Hurts during the draft process. 

All in all trade is unlikely to happen this season so Hurts will have his time to play but if it did happen find it hard to see him not part of the package 

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The bargaining power the Texans have is multiple interests. A market. If Denver offers Two Firsts and and Second…who will beat that?

So they say and that interest is reportedly not that great since they are not getting anywhere near what they are asking for. 

Most GM seem to be scoffing at the Texans for asking anything close to what they were expecting back in January. Watson market just isn’t that strong right now 

Seumalo and Quez Watkins not practicing. Ward's not at practice. Reagor didn't warm up but is doing drills. Two deep reserve corners are not practicing (Taylor and Meadors). 

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

Wow first day and already a huge injury list 

Smith Fulgham JJaw is an interesting trio starting for us today though in practice… JJaw in the slot it says 

First team defense - Wallace at SS, Maddox at the slot. No word on LB2 with Singleton out.

Mailata/Dillard rotating with the ones at LT. Herbig is the LG. Receivers are Smith, Fulgham and JJAW (slot) with Reagor limited and Watkins and Ward not practicing. 

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

First team defense - Wallace at SS, Maddox at the slot. No word on LB2 with Singleton out.

Expecting big things from Wallace this season Maddox should be better in the slot more natural spot for him(though still think his best position would be S) 

Jimmy K saying we showing a 34 look in the RZ not really shocking considering it seems to want rush LBs 

Taylor starting next to Wilson in 7s at LB 

Ummm… QB-turned-TE Tyree Jackson just caught a pass over the middle from Nick Mullens and absolutely ran over Rashad Smith. He’s welcomed himself to the position

Day 1 practice is over. Hurts is getting good early reviews - good pocket presence, good decisions, fluid mechanics. Smith getting good reviews as well.

Some headlines we are sure to see. Dillard over Mailata. Wallace and Taylor first team reps (though due to injury.) Reagor limited. Tyree Jackson a future pro bowler. 

Just now, jsb235 said:

Tyree Jackson a future pro bowler. 

Hahahaha sadly this is true… Don’t want to hype him like that but good to see he isn’t shying away from contact probably one of the bigger concerns with a QB going TE. 

Also reading that Mullens and Killins seemed to have a nice connection going they were the 3rd team could be something to watch though.

Archived