Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

also remember him saying he’d fit the defense to the personnel.

Feel like every coach says this yet it rarely seems to happen. Hopefully Gannon is different and hopefully he does change with the players to maximize them I’d love to see it. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Kinda under the radar not sure if someone mentioned it but we signed Dickerson all our rookies have been signed 

LOL I was just getting ready to post

45 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Feel like every coach says this yet it rarely seems to happen. Hopefully Gannon is different and hopefully he does change with the players to maximize them I’d love to see it. 

Yes, every coach does tend to spew this same coach speak. We saw Schwartz switch to much more Man with Slay.

This Watson trade situation is tough though. Trading for a QB that we all expect to be suspended. Goodell needs to step up and announce whether Watson can play until these matters are resolved. Would suck to trade for a Franchise guy that doesn’t get to play all season. Really hard to sell a struggling team on the starting QB if you make this trade for Watson and he sits all season.

As it stands right now, no way I'm giving three 1st's. And I'm thinking that if the Eagles go for Watson in any way, shape or form then they never had confidence in Hurts to begin with. 

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

As it stands right now, no way I'm giving three 1st's. And I'm thinking that if the Eagles go for Watson in any way, shape or form then they never had confidence in Hurts to begin with. 

If the team was expected to contend for division and ride deep into the PO's then yes, completely diff situation. 

I like Hurts…but Watson is elite.

Hurts backing up Watson would be a pretty ideal QB room for us.

12 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I would not go that far but Eagles could have a chance at a top 5 QB that is only 25(and still say three 1sts won’t happen). 

If the legal issues aren’t there would anybody be against getting a top 5 QB over Hurts??? 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like Hurts…but Watson is elite.

Hurts backing up Watson would be a pretty ideal QB room for us.

I’d image Hurts is part of the trade package if we went that route. 

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I would not go that far but Eagles could have a chance at a top 5 QB that is only 25(and still say three 1sts won’t happen). 

If we'd be talking Watson definitely going to play this season then yes, I agree.  But right now it seems like a long shot if he plays. So, even if Watson would sit this season………you think it's worth three 1st's?

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

If we'd be talking Watson definitely going to play this season then yes, I agree.  But right now it seems like a long shot if he plays. So, even if Watson would sit this season………you think it's worth three 1st's?

I said don’t see three 1sts happening… Just the Texans starting high that price will come down…. As for Watson getting suspended really not sure what going to happen on that front NFL hasn’t made a call yet and Watson has reported to camp. 

Doesn’t sound like Watson will be moved though until there is clarity on his situation which likely means it won’t be until next offseason. 

And if he is moved before hand would think it’s at a MASSIVE discount. Which doesn’t help the Texans. 

So waiting seems like the most logical outcome 

34 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

If the legal issues aren’t there would anybody be against getting a top 5 QB over Hurts??? 

I’d image Hurts is part of the trade package if we went that route. 

Can’t trade Hurts while Watson is expecting suspension. 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Can’t trade Hurts while Watson is expecting suspension. 

If your Houston almost going to guarantee they want Hurts as part of the trade. But again the suspension is a likely reason this trade doesn’t happen before next offseason. 

Id image the Eagles only trade before hand if they know Watson can play 

Like I stated before I’d image our trade package for Watson to look something like.

Hurts/Ertz possibly Cox 2022 1st and a conditional pick in 2023(that could be a 1st).

Eagles shed cap while getting a franchise QB… Texas get some good draft capital young QB and some vet playmakers 

Need Hurts even to be able to trade for Watson at this point I would assume. He allows you to maybe weather that suspension.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Need Hurts even to be able to trade for Watson at this point I would assume. He allows you to maybe weather that suspension.

Makes no sense to keep hurts if you trade for Watson he almost has to be part of the package. 

If Watson were to get suspended misses early season Flacco is better suited to win a few for us over Hurts no not being biased but not hard to see a young QB starting slow with young WR and young HC pretty easy to see the Vet QB likely plying better early on. 

If Watson got suspended late season again Flacco seems like the better option if we are playoff bound the guy with playoff experience. 

Hurts should be the starter the he should’ve expected to start slow and gradually improve as the year goes on but in a spot start I’d take Flacco right now. 

Texans already made moves to weather the storm at QB this season. They are picking a QB this next draft. Bad team…with weak QB play….they expect a high pick. Trade Watson and add draft capital to even further insure they get their top pick face of the franchise.

56 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Texans already made moves to weather the storm at QB this season. They are picking a QB this next draft. Bad team…with weak QB play….they expect a high pick. Trade Watson and add draft capital to even further insure they get their top pick face of the franchise.

And they could have a franchise QB in Hurts and let him compete with Mills… Tyrol isn’t the answer… If we are trading for Watson we already have our QB no need for Hurts. 

If Hurts is the guy for the Texans similar to us then Texans have there QB and capital to build around him. 

And if Hurts is not the guy guess what Texans in the same position if they didn’t ask for him. I don’t make the trade if I’m the Texans Hurts isn’t included. 

On 7/24/2021 at 3:22 AM, cunninghamtheman said:

We traded Wentz for a second round pick …at his low.

And I would argue that it was one of the WORST trades in the history of the league! If I were the owner, I would not have allowed it to happen and I would have FIRED Howie on the spot for even considering it.

The Eagles don’t even sniff a Super Bowl without Wentz’ play that year. Fortunately for us fans, Foles played his best 3 game stretch ever to fulfill all of our dreams. This team last year was bad. Wentz tried to carry the team and he couldn’t. But he is a franchise QB and you DO NOT let them walk…especially for a freaking 2nd round pick. C’mon man!

The Eagles’ team this year is bad….mostly because the QB is bad…bad at the NFL level, and the defense will give up 30+ per game. 

Cunningham, I thought you said they would trade Watson even at a low value…..meaning now? Wont happen. They will hold out for a good deal for them. Watson holds NO cards. Dont play. Who cares? You werent going to anyway.

My thoughts on Watson. First, the Eagles are the only team that has the capital to send 3 first round picks for him. Second, Watson is most likely getting suspended. Third, Watson has publicly stated he no longer wants in Houston.

That being said, Why in the world would the Eagles offer 3 first round picks for him? No one else can do that, and it is not like Houston has any real bargaining power. Watson has made it extremely hard for Houston to get any sort of compensation.  Personally, I would not go near this trade if Watson is found to be guilty. He could be the best QB in the league and I would still not want him. I will have no part of that type of person on my team. If you all want a pervert as your face of the franchise, go for it. I will burn my Eagles gear and watch other teams play.

If he is found innocent, I would consider a trade, but not three 1st rounders. Maybe first in 2022, 2nd in 2022 and a conditional pick in 2023 based on playing time/ performance. Maybe throw in a solid player. Who is sure that he won't do the same thing once he gets here and has to deal with Howie? Then the Eagles are in the same boat.....

2 hours ago, stine said:

That being said, Why in the world would the Eagles offer 3 first round picks for him? No one else can do that

I mean other teams can offer three 1sts just wouldn’t be all in the same year…but yea the 3 firsts seem unlikely and the Texans just asking a high price to start will drop down. 

Hurts/Ertz/Cox with a 2022 1st conditional pick in 2023 would be my offer… I’d hate to lose Cox but with his cap and age could be the right time to sell him get younger and frees up more cap for us moving forward. 

Would have a franchise QB still plenty of draft capital and more cap going into 2023.

Archived