Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Quez missing practice while completing his physical seems very odd. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taylor actually getting in there tells us what this coaching staff thinks about him. He’s that raw clay to be molded.

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Taylor actually getting in there tells us what this coaching staff thinks about him. He’s that raw clay to be molded.

He has the raw skills to develop into a strong cover LB and getting to learn next to Wilson should be seen as a plus. 

LB is going to be a tricky spot this year my guess is two guys are rush LBs Avery and Kerrigan(though he could stay listed as a DE) 

So if we carry 6 Lb(Avery as one) the other 5 Singleton/Wilson/TJ/Taylor/Bradley???? LSU kid could see us trying to stash on PS unless he really shines though transitioning to LB from S could take time. 

Sweat was also the starting DE over Barnett and they said Milton was getting reps at DE as well. Curious if Milton was playing DE in the 34 looks we apparently ran today 

Didn’t hear about it but Scott picked off Hurts in practice today…. For a guy looking to make the roster solid start for the CB. 

TJ almost picked off Flacco and Wallace dropped an int from Hurts.

16 hours ago, Vee said:

in the history of the entire NFL?   

no.  Not even in the Top 100. 

Disagree. Do the math. Gave up THREE #1s to get Wentz. Gave him a contract. Paying him 1/5 of your annual salary cap this year and HE IS NOT ON THE TEAM. And you got ONE 2nd round pick in return. That’s it! Seriously. That was the trade. Absolutely ridiculous!

7 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Disagree. Do the math. Gave up THREE #1s to get Wentz. Gave him a contract. Paying him 1/5 of your annual salary cap this year and HE IS NOT ON THE TEAM. And you got ONE 2nd round pick in return. That’s it! Seriously. That was the trade. Absolutely ridiculous!

Walk me through the math.  Three 1st round picks?  Please tell me you're not ignoring the first round picks they got in return.

For instance, when the Eagles traded with Miami to get to #8, they sent Miami their first round pick, but got Miami's first round pick in return.  Surely, you aren't including that as one of the three first round picks they gave up to get him?

For Carson Wentz, they basically gave up"

1. Kiko Alonzo (Miami)

2.  Byron Maxwell (Miami)

3. 2016 3rd Round Pick (Cleveland)

4.  2016 4th Round Pick (Cleveland)

5.  2017 1st Round Pick (Cleveland)

6.  2018 2nd Round Pick (Cleveland)

They also got a 2017 4th Round Pick in return, so I would scratch off #4 above.

They certainly did not give up three first round picks to get him.  Worst trade ever?  I'm not sure it was the worst trade of the 2016 draft!  How do you feel about the Rams trading up for Goff?

9 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

And you got ONE 2nd round pick in return. That’s it! Seriously. That was the trade. Absolutely ridiculous!

I mean we got a 3rd and basically a first in 2022 let’s be real. 

As for what we gave up to get Wentz The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

Not sure where 3 firsts is coming from??? Gave up one extra first can say we gave up the 8th pick when we swapped for the 2 pick they cancel out. 

Getting Wentz also let us be able more trade Bradford which got us a first rounder in return. 

Sirianni and Gannon staying true to competition: Hightower, Epps, Edwards and Bradley all getting getting first team reps after working with second team yesterday. #Eagles

I like it it’s early in camp switch these guys around to see who are the best… Hand nobody nothing.

JJaw seems to be making some plays early and camp lol though guess he had a great rookie camp as well and that didn’t translate to success. 

Every coach seems to preach competition but Siri and Co. are the first I’m seeing that seem to really back it up. It’s a pleasant change 

Gannon is getting me excited for this defense not going to lie… Multiple look unit moving guys all around. This unit might be able to shock some people. 

Tight end Kelvin Benjamin was cut from the New York Giants today reportedly for stealing food from the practice facility.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Brooks got injured at practice today ☹️

Was a hammy said it was precautionary. 

Melifonwu is huge Safety/ DB...a player I wanted to Draft...Don't know much about Patton.I really like the New Young Coach Speak...Unproven, yet Refreshing.from the HC, DC and position coaches.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

Melifonwu is huge Safety/ DB...a player I wanted to Draft...Don't know much about Patton.I really like the New Young Coach Speak...Unproven, yet Refreshing.from the HC, DC and position coaches.

Yep, coaches' approach is very motivational. 

15 hours ago, Vee said:

Walk me through the math.  Three 1st round picks?  Please tell me you're not ignoring the first round picks they got in return.

For instance, when the Eagles traded with Miami to get to #8, they sent Miami their first round pick, but got Miami's first round pick in return.  Surely, you aren't including that as one of the three first round picks they gave up to get him?

For Carson Wentz, they basically gave up"

1. Kiko Alonzo (Miami)

2.  Byron Maxwell (Miami)

3. 2016 3rd Round Pick (Cleveland)

4.  2016 4th Round Pick (Cleveland)

5.  2017 1st Round Pick (Cleveland)

6.  2018 2nd Round Pick (Cleveland)

They also got a 2017 4th Round Pick in return, so I would scratch off #4 above.

They certainly did not give up three first round picks to get him.  Worst trade ever?  I'm not sure it was the worst trade of the 2016 draft!  How do you feel about the Rams trading up for Goff?

Symantics. Thanks for the correction. Point is that it was a horrible trade. Hurts is a career backup. Wentz is a pro bowler in a league that almost requires a stud QB to compete in the playoffs. If Patrick Mahomes is waiting behind Wentz then who cares. Hurts is no Mahomes!

Seem like this staff like Taylor and doing everything they can to get him up to speed. Don’t think Taylor starts but could have a role in the D this year would be huge for us. 

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Seem like this staff like Taylor and doing everything they can to get him up to speed. Don’t think Taylor starts but could have a role in the D this year would be huge for us. 

We need some longer term thinking in place. Investment in two or three years with a player like him could and should be beneficial. Can’t magically clay mold everyone. But he should be capable of some things to utilize in certain packages at minimum.

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We need some longer term thinking in place. Investment in two or three years with a player like him could and should be beneficial.

I honestly think the Eagles need to dial back the long term thinking that our issue we love to stash all these projects and they can’t help us or we don’t want to give them serious looks. 

Took of 3 years and an entirely depleted OL room to actually give Mailata a chance and he played well. Think the Eagles need a better balance all for some projects but we can’t keep coddling them for 3-4 years without them ever playing. 

I like the fact we are trying to get Taylor on the field. 

From all the tweets and reports I’ve read they are making it sound like Nick Mullens has been the best QB so far in practice(granted he is working against the 3s mostly). Hurts has done well though and Flacco has sounded solid also. 

Archived