Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like many here have pointed out it would be the greatest to play the best and beat them to win it all to squash any doubts and EARN the SB title. The Bengals are on that path. Especially if the Rams win and the Bengals beat them in their home stadium for the big game.

I’m just super impressed with Burrow. Guy has been the best at every level. Did at the hardest levels in college. You could see guys shattering offensive records. But to do it in the SEC is….freakishly amazing. Feels like the Burrow/Mahomes Wars might just be beginning.

Rams choking and dropping everything.

McVay is just an incredible offensive mind. The way multiple guys are open several times is incredible.

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If AR doesn’t win another trophy it will definitely shape his legacy.

AR legacy set dude has a SB one of the most winning coaches in NFL history success with two different teams… Took Eagles to 4 straight conference championships then took the Chiefs to 4 straight 

AR going to go down as one of the best coaches of all time that simple 

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m just super impressed with Burrow. Guy has been the best at every level. Did at the hardest levels in college. You could see guys shattering offensive records. But to do it in the SEC is….freakishly amazing. Feels like the Burrow/Mahomes Wars might just be beginning.

AFC is loaded with young QBs Mahomes,Allen, Burrow and Herbert. 

Clearly see the impact great QBs can have on teams and yet you can’t see why most of us want better then Hurts and his lack luster passing 

11 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

AR legacy set dude has a SB one of the most winning coaches in NFL history success with two different teams… Took Eagles to 4 straight conference championships then took the Chiefs to 4 straight 

AR going to go down as one of the best coaches of all time that simple 

That is like saying Bud Grant and Marv Levy sucked as head coaches. They were great. But like most, they never won the big one. Not only coaching, but there is a bit of luck involved. Like having a kicker miss a 23 yarder with time expiring....

12 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Who wants Jimmy G? LOL

You laugh, but he has done much more than Hurts will ever do. His play-off record is dam good for a bad QB, no?

40 minutes ago, stine said:

That is like saying Bud Grant and Marv Levy sucked as head coaches. They were great. But like most, they never won the big one. Not only coaching, but there is a bit of luck involved. Like having a kicker miss a 23 yarder with time expiring....

If Norwood makes the field goal, Marv Levy would be seen as a better coach than Parcells.  Would be one win each, but Marv with more appearances and the only one with 4 straight.   

Players ... regardless of everything else, matter the most.   You can be the best chess player in the world, but if you have a king and 15 pawns, while your opponent has a king and 15 queens, it's not going to matter.

I will say... my consistent criticism of Andy..  he makes everything rocket science. 

At the end of the half.  Throw a fade and then kick a FG if it doesn't work.  Why the complicated route tree with one guy not even in the end zone.

At the end of the game, run it on 2nd down, you gotta get the clock down.  Passing from the 4 yard line with a 1:30 left is dumb. You score they have time to score themselves and bear you.  One more run brought the clock down to 39 seconds, after Mahomes took the sack.  If he throws incomplete,  Cincy has time for game winning FG.   Brutal clock management, they got lucky Mahomes took the 1st sack, which then also took them out of the high % TD position too.   Just brutal philosophy there.  Run it and keep it simple, at least on 2nd down.  

It's that simple 5 year old stuff that always comes up with Andy.   For a dude that does all that he does really well, it's frustrating how he messes this simple stuff up for decades.

50 minutes ago, stine said:

You laugh, but he has done much more than Hurts will ever do. His play-off record is dam good for a bad QB, no?

Yes, yes and yes.     I laugh, he has done more than Hurts will... and for a bad QB he has a good record.    Correct on all 3 for me.

59 minutes ago, stine said:

Thanks to a solid supporting cast and coach. Nothing to do with Hurts when I posted even though I think he's better. 

55 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yes, yes and yes.     I laugh, he has done more than Hurts will... and for a bad QB he has a good record.    Correct on all 3 for me.

You look at his stats and say he is a terrible QB. Yet if you look at Terry Bradshaws Stats for his first 5 years, Jimmy G outplayed him by a large margin. Yet Terry Bradshaw is in the HOF. Why? Because he just won. Bradshaws First 5 seasons - 48 Td's 81 INT's... LMAO he sucked! Oh Wait, he won 4 SB's! 

John Elway stats for his first 5 seasons 85 TD' 77 Int's worse than Jimmy G's career 71 TD's 38 Int's... We can find many more if you like....

Bottom Line is how many games did you win? How was your play-Off record. That is what counts....

Roman Gabriel Stats - 94 TD's, 63 INT's (worse percentage than JG for first 5 years)

How about the best Eagles QB Ever!

Donavon McNabb's first 5 seasons 87 TD's 49 INT's Worse percentage than JG's

Yep JG is terrible. Stats show it.....

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Thanks to a solid supporting cast and coach. Nothing to do with Hurts when I posted even though I think he's better. 

In your post you said he has done more than Hurts will ever do.  Correct so far and I also think it will remain that way. 

1 hour ago, stine said:

You look at his stats and say he is a terrible QB. Yet if you look at Terry Bradshaws Stats for his first 5 years, Jimmy G outplayed him by a large margin. Yet Terry Bradshaw is in the HOF. Why? Because he just won. Bradshaws First 5 seasons - 48 Td's 81 INT's... LMAO he sucked! Oh Wait, he won 4 SB's! 

Stine, I'm not a big stat guy.  I just look at the play itself.     You just gave a great reason not to look at the stats when comparing to a guy who won 4 SBs.     By looking at Jimmy G makes decisions and throws ... NOT HIS STATS... I don't view him as being that good.   

1 hour ago, stine said:

John Elway stats for his first 5 seasons 85 TD' 77 Int's worse than Jimmy G's career 71 TD's 38 Int's... We can find many more if you like....

Bottom Line is how many games did you win? How was your play-Off record. That is what counts....

Yeah....you can look at stats all day long... it's not what defines things for me..  another great example as to why ..when looking at Jimmy G vs Elway.   You watched both play with your eyes... is it close?    

But the fact you need to go back 40 and 50 years when passing stats were no where close to what they are today due to the evolution of the game is very telling.

If you want to worry about the only thing that matters...  how Jimmy G compares to other current QBs.  

42 minutes ago, stine said:

Roman Gabriel Stats - 94 TD's, 63 INT's (worse percentage than JG for first 5 years)

How about the best Eagles QB Ever!

Donavon McNabb's first 5 seasons 87 TD's 49 INT's Worse percentage than JG's

Yep JG is terrible. Stats show it.....

Can we look up stats for Warren Moon and Steve Young too.    Good for trivia night!    How about a dude from the 1930s?

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Can we look up stats for Warren Moon and Steve Young too.    Good for trivia night!    How about a dude from the 1930s?

Joe, Who cares when they played. McNabb was fairly recent no? I am just looking at the body of work. Everyone is telling me Jimmy G's stats stunk. I am saying that does not matter. What matters is the wins. The record.

You say you are using your eyes. Well, I can tell you that if you used your eyes on Bradshaw in 1975 you would have said the same things you are saying now about Jimmy G. What I am saying is maybe, just maybe, these mistakes become fewer. Maybe they do not become so vivid when you look at him in a couple years. I don't have a crystal ball, but if you were to go by what Terry Bradshaw did he would have been cut and Pittsburgh would never had won those SB's....

I am sure I can start looking up more recent QB's but that is not my point and you know it....

Archived